LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Lighting Threads

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn...James those lights came out so well. I am super jealous.

Is there any more detail on the process of the painting?

What parts did NOT get paint on them to make sure the look is correct and function of the lights is preserved...?

What material did they use to paint the lenses...?

Do you have any wide shots of the whole car?

So many questions!

Damn...James those lights came out so well. I am super jealous.

Is there any more detail on the process of the painting?

What parts did NOT get paint on them to make sure the look is correct and function of the lights is preserved...?

What material did they use to paint the lenses...?

Do you have any wide shots of the whole car?

So many questions!

The only one he didn't paint is the high beam reflector bowl,u can pretty much use any paint,,but don't go cheap on it,i plan on using a high temp paint when I do mine.and no it shouldn't affect functions of lights

Definitely go with a high temperature caliper/engine paint. I know of one person who used "regular" paint and the paint vaporized when heated by the lights and a thin film/mist settled on the inside of the lens. He had to pull the lights apart, strip the paint, clean the inside of the lenses, repaint everything and put back together again.

Moral of the story: don't skimp on the paint!

• 1 month later...
Then the whole light assembly won't work, like their S550 Mustang lights :lol:

Not sure what you mean, we don't make full headlamps?

If you mean the LED boards we make to go in the lamp, we have sold a few thousand sets over the past 2 years, and have experienced an extremely low failure rate, exceeding our internal quality standards. Any failure would not cause the whole lamp to stop functioning though...

Are you possibly referring to the sequencer modules, for the S550 tail lamp? That is a completely different kind of product, and is not related to LEDs at all, it's power control. The Mustang has a complex fault sense system which disables power to the lamp in some circumstances when it doesn't see the exact data feedback needed for the tail lamp. Luckily for all Subaru owners, Subaru still uses simple electrical systems with physical relays, where you never run the risk of the vehicle just deciding to disable a whole lamp when it wants to! There is no circumstance in which a whole lamp would go out on your Subaru.

In any case, we stand behind the function and reliability standards of all our products. :) Thanks!

John C.

Diode Dynamics

I know of one person off the top of my head 16P51-GT but you guys got him to take the video about his sequencers and side markers.

Here is the "cease fire" video he made to make nice with you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZoFdpEExo

We reached out to see if we could make it right, and that was his response. The videos were all his idea, we didn't "Get him" or even ask him to do anything. Anyway, that's still a much different product than anything for the Legacy... not even an LED. Sorry for the OT guys.

John C.

Diode Dynamics

It would be foolish to question the quality of Diode Dynamic's products. If you've ever received anything from them, as well as anything from their competition, it's easy to see that Diode Dynamics is leaps and bounds ahead of them, especially in terms of quality.

That's the reason my car is completely decked out in Diode Dynamics lighting (Full interior, tail as turn kit, C-LED's, demon eyes, as well as quad reverse lights) I should have my review of the XP50/XP80 quad reverse lights up tonight / tomorrow :)

It would be foolish to question the quality of Diode Dynamic's products. If you've ever received anything from them, as well as anything from their competition, it's easy to see that Diode Dynamics is leaps and bounds ahead of them, especially in terms of quality.

That's the reason my car is completely decked out in Diode Dynamics lighting (Full interior, tail as turn kit, C-LED's, demon eyes, as well as quad reverse lights) I should have my review of the XP50/XP80 quad reverse lights up tonight / tomorrow :)

To call me foolish is a real smart thing to do. I happen to work in the automotive aftermarket industry, and deal with DD on a wholesale level. I know them very well.

The fact is that my comment was a joke. So calm down. I have had their parts on cars before as well as on SEMA builds that have won design awards. The facts are that as of late (past year or so) there has been a higher frequency of part failures or malfunctions. That is a pretty easy thing to find on any forum.

Review what you like, what you say about the product is your right to free speech. What I said was not slanderous or lecherous so take a chill pill.

Rant over.

To call me foolish is a real smart thing to do. I happen to work in the automotive aftermarket industry, and deal with DD on a wholesale level. I know them very well.

The fact is that my comment was a joke. So calm down. I have had their parts on cars before as well as on SEMA builds that have won design awards. The facts are that as of late (past year or so) there has been a higher frequency of part failures or malfunctions. That is a pretty easy thing to find on any forum.

Review what you like, what you say about the product is your right to free speech. What I said was not slanderous or lecherous so take a chill pill.

Rant over.

I think it's foolish to think that you were being called foolish, he clearly stated "it would be foolish to question their products" not "hey your foolish dude". None of us have sema cars or deal with them on a wholesale level, but from what I've seen, everyone on THIS forum has nothing but positive things to say about DD, including me so I'm pretty sure your the only one laughing at your "joke"

I think it's foolish to think that you were being called foolish, he clearly stated "it would be foolish to question their products" not "hey your foolish dude". None of us have sema cars or deal with them on a wholesale level, but from what I've seen, everyone on THIS forum has nothing but positive things to say about DD, including me so I'm pretty sure your the only one laughing at your "joke"

er75Q_s-200x150.gif

Rant over.

Holy emotional response, batman.

My comment was merely saying that it would be ill advised to talk down about a company with such positive reviews across the board.

I think it'd be best for you to reread my comment, involve yourself in some critical thinking, and then evaluate the fact that someone may be pissing in your cheerios when you get up to go find the milk.

Happy spring.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Edited by RobbieGT

• 4 weeks later...
I got in some overlays from emblemoverlays.com today. Where's the pictures you ask? Well, I didn't realize that the front and rear emblems are different sizes. Just never crossed my mind, and at a glance, both overlays looked the same size. I start putting one on the rear only to notice it's too big. No big deal, they sent the wrong size and I'll just trim up the edges with a razor. Go to the front emblem, and realize the overlay is way too small for the front. Ended up ruining everything, and was pretty salty I just pissed away $22. I ordered another set from a different vendor so hopefully that goes smoother.