LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Lighting Threads

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to finally see a dedicated kit for the Legacy! No need to swap pins around or purchase resistors separately.

Think you could come up with a way to make these stupid fake things actually light up as tail lights?:rolleyes:;)

http://i.imgur.com/vmBVO2B.jpg?1

Nice to finally see a dedicated kit for the Legacy! No need to swap pins around or purchase resistors separately.

Think you could come up with a way to make these stupid fake things actually light up as tail lights?:rolleyes:;)

http://i.imgur.com/vmBVO2B.jpg?1

You'd have to open them up, but our new HD strips in red would look great in there when installed correctly.

HD Strips & Halos

Thanks!

Nick C.

John C.

Diode Dynamics

• 3 weeks later...
2017 Legacy Sport Fog Light Covers on my 2015 2.5i Legacy Limited. Shout out to grnlantern1 for telling me about this! I work for a subie dealership and never noticed these until he let me know lol. I know they look a little out of place for right now but itll all come together once JDM Grill but I love them!

2136486954_Leggyresize4.thumb.jpg.7a76b5b6ff550184a5fafdffe9b207f0.jpg

309663987_leggyresize6.thumb.jpg.c0501e332ccc2841e877155fe34c3874.jpg

1734973026_leggyresize5.thumb.jpg.88b806236f7fa47b158b14f340c3beae.jpg

736012497_leggyresize7.thumb.jpg.5be52bac25dfcd7ca0a64db9eaba0081.jpg

2017 Legacy Sport Fog Light Covers on my 2015 2.5i Legacy Limited. Shout out to grnlantern1 for telling me about this! I work for a subie dealership and never noticed these until he let me know lol. I know they look a little out of place for right now but itll all come together once JDM Grill but I love them!

Looks great. I'll be doing these soon! The stock ones look to be about 10 bucks each so I can't imagine the sports will be much more. I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow to get prices..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Update: Called a local dealer and they'll be delivered on Wednesday. Paid $13 per side. Not bad at all and will match my gloss black grill perfectly.

I think for that price, I will be picking some up myself! Looks so much cleaner than the dark grey ones!

I think for that price, I will be picking some up myself! Looks so much cleaner than the dark grey ones!

Just make sure you call around, dealers love to price gouge.

I usually have bad luck with the dealer up the road from me, so I tried all the ones within a 20 mile radius, they all reported back between 25-30 each side. For the fun of it I called my closest dealer and they came back with half the cost!

I even had the guy confirm by pulling a sport VIN and making sure they were the right ones.

These will make due until they decide to /hopefully/ offer the JDM chrome fog housings.

• 1 month later...
Changed out the stock HID bulbs to Morimoto 5500k bulbs. Can wait to see the difference tonight. Now what to do with the C light. Now have Morimoto LED fogs and LED 9005 High beams to go along with my new HID's

Changed out the stock HID bulbs to Morimoto 5500k bulbs. Can wait to see the difference tonight. Now what to do with the C light. Now have Morimoto LED fogs and LED 9005 High beams to go along with my new HID's

Please keep us posted. I never thought of changing out just the bulb and not the HID system entirely. Does the Morimoto run okay off of the stock ballast?

I'm using the Osram Xenarc 5Ks and they made a HUGE difference over stock for me.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

Please keep us posted. I never thought of changing out just the bulb and not the HID system entirely. Does the Morimoto run okay off of the stock ballast?

They run great and look great, big improvement over stock bulbs imo

They run great and look great, big improvement over stock bulbs imo

Just to be clear, you swapped out JUST the bulb? No ballast or anything? I didn't even know that was a thing with HID's... Thought the bulb was specially set for the ballast.

Just to be clear, you swapped out JUST the bulb? No ballast or anything? I didn't even know that was a thing with HID's... Thought the bulb was specially set for the ballast.

Yes.. Just replaced the stock bulbs.

Lighting Mods

Subaru 20mm RSB

We are filming the 6th Gen Legacy C-Light video this afternoon

Here's a teaser from RetroShop: Instagram C-Light Post

They look incredible and we are excited to launch this product for 6th Gen Legacy owners

These look awesome!

14582262_1809206385962446_5225010475032379392_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM4NTIyMjU3MTgwODYwNTE5MQ%3D%3D.2

When are they going to be available? Pricing?

Also I'm assuming that this requires dis-assembly of the headlight housing?

Keen to get some more info as this is one area that the 6th gen falls down. The stock illuminated C strip can't be seen/used as a driving light in daytime and at night you have to use low/high beams so effectively it's useless.

We are filming the 6th Gen Legacy C-Light video this afternoon

Here's a teaser from RetroShop: Instagram C-Light Post

#USAmade

Nick C.

These look fantastic!

Lighting Mods

Subaru 20mm RSB