LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Lighting Threads

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV6u_uF-tHE]Diode Dynamics SmartTapâ„¢ CF18 (LM449) Flasher Relay - YouTube[/ame]

SmartTap™ CF18 (LM449) Flasher Relay - by Diode Dynamics

New!

The SmartTap™ is a replacement turn signal flasher module compatible with any vehicle using a CF18 (LM449) Flasher. Programming each mode is simple with the help of the included programming guide and the use of existing vehicle controls.

Tap-to-Signal: One-touch signaling is a convenient way to signal to other drivers when switching lanes. Simply tap the turn signal for a series of signal blinks.

Arrival and Departure Modes: When the lock or unlock button is pressed, the surrounding area will illuminate for better visibility when approaching or leaving the vehicle at night. The lighting time can be adjusted from 10-90 seconds for additional illumination, or disabled if desired.

Unique Hazard Functions: The SmartTap™ has built-in strobe, slo-mo and wig-wag hazard functions to help the vehicle stand out when the hazards are on. Apply these functions on their own, together or with the strobe setting for a total of EIGHT unique hazard functions!

This product was designed and fully manufactured by Diode Dynamics, in St. Louis, Missouri. It is fully made in USA.

Thank you!

Nick C.

John C.

Diode Dynamics

SmartTap[emoji769] CF18 (LM449) Flasher Relay - by Diode Dynamics

New!

The SmartTap[emoji769] is a replacement turn signal flasher module compatible with any vehicle using a CF18 (LM449) Flasher. Programming each mode is simple with the help of the included programming guide and the use of existing vehicle controls.

Tap-to-Signal: One-touch signaling is a convenient way to signal to other drivers when switching lanes. Simply tap the turn signal for a series of signal blinks.

Arrival and Departure Modes: When the lock or unlock button is pressed, the surrounding area will illuminate for better visibility when approaching or leaving the vehicle at night. The lighting time can be adjusted from 10-90 seconds for additional illumination, or disabled if desired.

Unique Hazard Functions: The SmartTap[emoji769] has built-in strobe, slo-mo and wig-wag hazard functions to help the vehicle stand out when the hazards are on. Apply these functions on their own, together or with the strobe setting for a total of EIGHT unique hazard functions!

This product was designed and fully manufactured by Diode Dynamics, in St. Louis, Missouri. It is fully made in USA.

Thank you!

Nick C.

That looks awesome!!! Wish I could get that but the Legacy has an integrated module. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I could get that but the Legacy has an integrated module.

Yep. In the current Legacy/Outback the flasher function is embedded in the BIU (Body Integrated Unit) electronic control module.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

My daughter just took delivery of a 2017 Sport. She's very happy with the car; in time, there will be a few things she'll want to upgrade. For now, she's noticed the trunk light is really dim, and would like to address that first. After checking around, there are LED options that should take care of this issue. Does anyone have any experience with them, and what would be the best choice? Thanks.

My daughter just took delivery of a 2017 Sport. She's very happy with the car; in time, there will be a few things she'll want to upgrade. For now, she's noticed the trunk light is really dim, and would like to address that first. After checking around, there are LED options that should take care of this issue. Does anyone have any experience with them, and what would be the best choice? Thanks.

Here's what I have:

This base https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/installation-power/mating-miniature-wedge-t3-14-base/984/1960/

Plus 2 of these strips https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/top-emitting/outdoor-led-light-strips-weatherproof-led-tape-light-with-18-smds-per-ft-1-chip-smd-led-3528/1466/251/

Just a matter of cutting, stripping, and soldering to put it together. Took like 10 mins tops.

Not only is it bright but it lights up the whole depth of the trunk.

http://i.imgur.com/KtBR2iJ.jpg

Thanks. That looks really bright. I think she's not looking for something that ambitious at this point, just a simple LED replacement for the dim bulb. Do you have any recommendation?

I have this LED for the trunk. Get the cool white (6000K) with the HP5 (92 lumens) and you will be very happy. Check the photos on the link.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store/led-bulbs/listed-by-vehicle/subaru/legacy/2003-2009-subaru-legacy-trunk-light-led#!prettyPhoto

HP5 would be my personal recommendation if you don't wish to install the new Legacy C-lights

Nick C.

I'm a bit confused. As I understand it, the C lights are not for the trunk, so don't follow how this applies to my situation. I'm looking for a single LED that replaces the bulb for the trunk, and fits in the space under the cover without needing any modifications.

I'm a bit confused. As I understand it, the C lights are not for the trunk, so don't follow how this applies to my situation. I'm looking for a single LED that replaces the bulb for the trunk, and fits in the space under the cover without needing any modifications.

Sorry, I thought he was referring to the C-Lights or the 194 bulb in the C-lights

Nick C.

John C.

Diode Dynamics

Did you see my suggestion?