LegacyGT.com

Colonel Red Racing 2005 STI Race Car

Sgt.Gator

The best new product was this fire extinguisher. It's so light and powerful it's worth having as a backup in a race car, or in any daily driver. Basically it's a road flare that puts out fires!http://elementfire.com/

http://elementfire.com/assets/images/e2550-600x627-98-600x627-64.jpg

That's awesome!!! I'm going to have to get a few of those.

And check out the new AP Racing calipers with the endurance racing quick change pads clip! I want them as soon as they are available in our size. No bolts, just squeeze the clip, lift, swap the pads, and clip it back down.

20161102_124311.thumb.jpg.43111d65a420da9fc12e4ccff6612163.jpg

20161102_110018.thumb.jpg.b2b5455c418838715471e4d5a0ab5359.jpg

20161102_110033.thumb.jpg.6e0f82f459bf2fb4fd6e894753e62e8b.jpg

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

And check out the new AP Racing calipers with the endurance racing quick change pads clip! I want them as soon as they are available in our size. No bolts, just squeeze the clip, lift, swap the pads, and clip it back down.

So.....like mountain bikes have been doing for almost 6 years for that exact design. Before that, you had one pin and a cotter pin sometimes. 10+ years ago.

I see, they ran the charge pipe over the driver's side. Now, they have all the torque they need to grenade the rod bearings!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I've decide to attend PRI in Indy this year. It's more focused towards what I do. It's right after the Thill25 which I'll be attending as an observer or possibly on the 818R center drive team.

I've decide to attend PRI in Indy this year. It's more focused towards what I do. It's right after the Thill25 which I'll be attending as an observer or possibly on the 818R center drive team.

I know a viper team looking for a driver :)

Btw i saw the honda with slick window attachment outside the Seahawks stadium today. it has the rear fan too. I never go to the auto show. I think I'll go this year.:wub:

I know a viper team looking for a driver :)

What's the seat price? NW Team?

Rear side window is not aero so ok. It looks like a solution looking for a problem to me.

There actually is a problem there. On the STI the rear side lexan windows are screwed into the frame of the car since the rear door windows are frameless. The lexan goes a couple of inches down inside the door. That means to open either of the rear doors I have to unscrew multiple screws.

These clips would make opening the rear doors much faster. And in the event of an emergency the workers could get the rear windows off much faster too.

• 2 weeks later...
There actually is a problem there. On the STI the rear side lexan windows are screwed into the frame of the car since the rear door windows are frameless. The lexan goes a couple of inches down inside the door. That means to open either of the rear doors I have to unscrew multiple screws.

These clips would make opening the rear doors much faster. And in the event of an emergency the workers could get the rear windows off much faster too.

On a 4 door car, it makes sense. On a hatchback, holding the rear side windows that could barely squeeze a hamster thru, it seems odd.

Curious why you never replaced the rear windows on wagon?

Curious why you never replaced the rear windows on wagon?

$$$. I did quite a bit of research. It was the next upgrade before you interrupted the plan. If the Silver Eagle was still mine I would do the rear windows and rear door windows right away because they are relatively easy and cheaper. The biggest bang will be the front windshield to help get the most front and high CG weight out.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Mark Jager on winning the 2016 Global Time Attack in his STI.

There's things to be learned from his aero and engine.

http://www.turnology.com/features/global-time-attack-2016-finale-in-buttonwillow-ca/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=global-time-attack-2016-finale-in-buttonwillow-ca

More here, scroll down and watch the video as he sets the record lap:

https://jagerracing.net/blog/

I'm absolutely livid that I can't get up to ThunderHill this weekend for the 25. My wife is running a marathon in Sacramento on Sunday morning and I need to be there to support her. I was looking forward to meeting you Gator. I hope to make it up your way this spring/summer and we'll have to get together.

I'm absolutely livid that I can't get up to ThunderHill this weekend for the 25. My wife is running a marathon in Sacramento on Sunday morning and I need to be there to support her. I was looking forward to meeting you Gator. I hope to make it up your way this spring/summer and we'll have to get together.

I'm so glad my wife isn't running CIM this year! :spin:

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

You have your long term priorities in the right order!

I'm leaving early AM to head down to Thill. It's about 5.5 hours from Bend, which is closer than going to Seattle - Pacific Raceways- The Ridge- Mission Raceways- or Spokane. I'm going to have to hit Thill several times this coming year for NASA and HPDE days. My first trip there!

I'm starting day 2 with Lowe Group Racing. We're running a white BMW M3 GTR. if you can make it, drop by.

The center console 818 in lime green has been very fast. Along with the Radicals and the Lamborghini.

Learning a ton about endurance racing. 30 minute sprint racing pales in comparison. :)

Incredible Event!

Poor Boxkita looked like something his cat drug into the house this AM. But all that goes away after their last pit stop for fuel, then the 1 minute stop to cut the failing rear diffuser away. After that it's all smiles to the end of the race and huge grins on all the Lowes Racing Team's faces.

The Subaru EJ205 powered 818R didn't last very long. All weekend they were having oil level issues. They started off burning 1 qt of oil every two hours, which is about normal in my former LGT Wagon racer. But it kept getting worse, 2 hours into the race it was 1 QT every 45 mins. No one could figure out where the oil was going. It wasn't in the Intake, nor dripping out, not blowing smoke. The Dragonfly team finally concluded it had to be going past the turbo bearing and into the exhaust, but for some reason not smoking. About 30 minutes after concluding that the turbo failed and they were out of therace. They didn't have a spare turbo.

I learned a tremendous amount too just walking around and talking with every team manager or crew person willing to give me 5 minutes, which was everyone.

I'm unsure how the Thill road to glory will be paved for me. Attending was a real eye opener and reality check. My co - teammate Jeremiah and I alternatively were excited to get a team together for 2017 and crushed as the reality of the human and material logistics set in, and of course the costs.

We are discussing everything from never taking a team and just trying to crew on another team, drive on another team, take the Acura Integra we co-own either in 2017 or 2018, or the STI in 2017, 18 or 19.

I know this, at my age I don't have the stamina to be the team manager or crew chief. I can see being the owner, and/or a driver, but crewing or managing are too much for my body at this point.

Some pics!

The 818R, 350Z and Bimmerworld BMW are all in the E0 class which is where the STI would be.

245102252_E0818R1.thumb.jpg.1e9c8f7f32e0b4804bff018f31416e37.jpg

2073307218_E0818R2.jpg.42d3ec7e308a609199930435dda01a07.jpg

1652279120_E0Bimmeworld.jpg.7cc03730a73d587b64019cbc07f29d65.jpg

1246082939_E0350Z.jpg.da97fe1e056b4fc6b550c992d042005d.jpg

1575621559_ESRRyno1.jpg.ebb7211c151deadd9136984cd46161b7.jpg

1847843297_ESRRyno2.thumb.jpg.c52407662004ed13a61b6c6c5f10fcfb.jpg

Dang, wish I could have made it. Totally want to get into racing in some shape or form. HDPE to start, but just observing at first.

However, weekends are filling up towards the end of the year. Plus, the LGT needs a new front bearing in the worst way (planning to do all the bearings). After that, probably some more suspension fixes. No, not planning on driving it, just observing for now, but I don't want to be annoyed the whole trip..

The 350Z won the E0 class. There's more about the car here. Scroll down past the 370Z.

All we need is rain and maybe a little snow and I'm sure the STI could beat them. At least the car could, building the right Team is just as important. Probably MORE important.

http://www.valkyrieas.com/shop-cars.html

^^^ Do you happen to know who was driving it?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek