LegacyGT.com

Member Profile - Cup of Joe

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Recommendations for a clutch kit? Or should I just hit up Subaru for OEM? Someone also sugested the tsk3 kit, which originally I thought was a clutch kit but turned out to be a throw out bearing? I think.

Recommendations for a clutch kit? Or should I just hit up Subaru for OEM? Someone also sugested the tsk3 kit, which originally I thought was a clutch kit but turned out to be a throw out bearing? I think.

Since you have a 2.5i, just stick with a stock clutch. The TSK3 is a snout sleeve and TOB, get it. Also do the clutch damper delete, you'll get a lot more miles out of the new clutch AND enjoy the engagement and feel more.

Since you have a 2.5i, just stick with a stock clutch. The TSK3 is a snout sleeve and TOB, get it. Also do the clutch damper delete, you'll get a lot more miles out of the new clutch AND enjoy the engagement and feel more.

Cool, only things I need to order is the disc complete and cover complete?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160510/3d31d31387a5a16effc99cba0d4ae8a1.jpg

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
As a donor strut housing, is there any other year/model besides 2010-2014 Legacy that I can use? Say if I were to hit a junk yard.

same year outback maybe. I know the strut itself is longer but is the housing the same?

same year outback maybe. I know the strut itself is longer but is the housing the same?

No ripstik! Where do you get this stuff sometimes? The spring perch is mounted higher on the strut tube on the Outback units, that is why they are higher....duh!

As a donor strut housing, is there any other year/model besides 2010-2014 Legacy that I can use? Say if I were to hit a junk yard.

As far as we know at this time, there are not any other struts that will work for us. You need 2010-2014 Legacy donors.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a lot of maintenance to do with my leggy. This week I plan to change the tranny fluid. Recommended gear oil? I was thinking Motul. Do I need anything besides the oil? Filter? Going to Google how to do it, but just wanted everyone's experiences. Pretty straightforward to do?

Pretty easy to drain and fill the transmission. Just need a T70 torx for the drain bolt. I put the car back down off the jack stands to get the transmission level and get everything out.

Lots of folks use the Motul or the Subaru stuff. I used Amsoil severe gear 75w90. Seems good so far, but it's only been about 6k miles.

How many miles since the last time it was changed?

That's the issue, I bought the car at 90k, from a subie dealer, and they didn't have prior records... So I was assuming they did nothing, since I changed my spark plugs and they looked like they were in there for ages.

It very well may be good for a while longer, but when you change it you'll know when it's due. What I'm saying is if money is a little tight it won't be the end of the world to wait a little.

I changed mine at 113k and had no idea when it had been done either. The $60-70 on good synthetic gear oil is going to last you for a good amount of time, and protect your drivetrain.

• 2 months later...

When I bought the car used, it came with the dual muffler from the last owner. It looks like the one they added on fell off at where they made it a Y pipe. I don't go fast over any bumps, not lowered yet, or hit any pot holes. But looking at it, maybe the subframe or control arm might of been hitting it every so often.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Archived