LegacyGT.com

Member Profile - Cup of Joe

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only dip when its warmer than 65. It lays out better.

Warm temps is the key, it will allow the dip to flatten out better and when you add coats it will liquefy more quickly and give you a more even finish. I've never had great luck with any dip project unless it's at least 65F.

I may try again on a warmer day, take my time, I do love how there's no chrome anymore

if you can keep the can warm it will work well even if where you are painting is pretty cold. the warmer the can the higher the pressure inside which makes for better atomization which is what gives a nice even flat finish. WARNING: do NOT heat the can past anything uncomfortable for your hand 100F is about as high as you want to go. if you can't rest your hand in it easily it's too hot and dangerous

I think you mentioned in the other thread that you need to unbolt the steering coupler bolts from the steering column shaft and rack. You do not need to do that in order to install this IIRC.

Don't think it was me mentioning anything about the dampener delete. I just followed the Perrin directions, two 12mm bolts loosened up. It is installed now! Took it for a test drive but don't notice anything right away, except the placebo effect. Maybe less swaying on the highway, need a longer highway drive to really notice.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Had the girlfriend vinyl wrap my chrome trim, then I installed my provas finally.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160327/df41fe2cd426719ec49b35fdad525276.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160327/d791e320984095e1f6fd8ea98ed7fced.jpg

bils and blacks for sure. stock suspension suuuuuuucks on the '10s.

aren't konis cheaper though?

Might be, but I don't want to go through all that work. Not that I even know how to. I think its about $1500 shipped or so for the bilsteins and blacks. And figured tires and wheels would be around the same price. Are bilstein top of the line? Besides coils.

You'll get much more enjoyment out of your car with better ride and handling.

Will you be doing the suspension install yourself or having a shop do it?

You can do Koni's and Blacks for just about $1100, and you're 1/4 of the way to new wheels and tires. I can help you out with the Koni build. And adjustable.

You'll get much more enjoyment out of your car with better ride and handling.

Will you be doing the suspension install yourself or having a shop do it?

You can do Koni's and Blacks for just about $1100, and you're 1/4 of the way to new wheels and tires. I can help you out with the Koni build. And adjustable.

Gf works at a shop, so either it will be free installed, or at a discount. Don't think I'd do it myself, might be out of my skillset at the moment.

Archived