LegacyGT.com

Member Profile - Cup of Joe

Location - Vernon, CT

Occupation - Cook at the moment (Mechanic in the future)

Vehicle - 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 6MT in Steel Silver Metallic

Mods

-20mm RSB

-Moog Rear Endlinks

-Perrin Shift Stop

-Perrin Brass Shifter Bushing

-Clutch Damper Delete

-Debadged

-Dual Magnaflow Mufflers

-Tints

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160128/1b8eb72f585e2f6ba3ec30bc5f99ce3c.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160128/03a4f0d0cd4bd0ab0c47572268027ab1.jpg

Many mods coming in the next few months, and will update accordingly!

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I'll hold off on the tires and wheels, and just grab the konis and springs. Recommendations for springs? And what exactly else do I need? Tophats I'm assuming?

How low do you want to be?

I have 2013 3.6R oem springs and I'm super happy with them. I haven't scraped or bottomed out since I installed them.

Maybe I'll hold off on the tires and wheels, and just grab the konis and springs. Recommendations for springs? And what exactly else do I need? Tophats I'm assuming?

You'd need the tophats and spring perches for the fronts. I believe the rears have the spring perch built into the tophats. The fronts also need the conical washer that goes between the spring perch and tophats. And of course the nut that holds the strut rod to the tophats. Dust covers for all 4 struts as well. Bumpstops for the fronts.

You could reuse all your OEM bits instead of buying another set of what I posted above. I was lucky enough to get a set of OEM shock assemblies (thanks again Shane!) And I assembled the konis with RCE Blacks springs. That made install day much faster as it was just a simple swap of the OEM assembly for the koni +RCE blacks

You'd need the tophats and spring perches for the fronts. I believe the rears have the spring perch built into the tophats. The fronts also need the conical washer that goes between the spring perch and tophats. And of course the nut that holds the strut rod to the tophats. Dust covers for all 4 struts as well. Bumpstops for the fronts.

You could reuse all your OEM bits instead of buying another set of what I posted above. I was lucky enough to get a set of OEM shock assemblies (thanks again Shane!) And I assembled the konis with RCE Blacks springs. That made install day much faster as it was just a simple swap of the OEM assembly for the koni +RCE blacks

Great info! Thank you. I may keep all the stock stuff, since I'm not actually doing the work! But don't our top hats have a bearing in there that I should replace? I'm at 95k miles. And you like the rce blacks?

I dont remember a bearing, I think that's what the conical washer does but I could be wrong. I do like the RCE Blacks. Its a mild drop and stiffer than stock.

Thought I read somewhere about that bearing, might be for a gt? Not sure, I will search later

The strut has a bearing that is in the upper strut mount on the car, whether it should be changed IMO is on a case by case basis. It wont hurt to change it, and it wont hurt not to change it if there is nothing wrong with the one in the car.

Thought I read somewhere about that bearing, might be for a gt? Not sure, I will search later

I don't remember a bearing either.

The '13 springs are supposed to be similar to the Eibachs but without the 1" drop. I was worried that the blacks would be too stiff for me, but every now and then I wonder what could have been. One of the other guys on here went from blacks to eibachs because they were too stiff for him.

That said, if I wasn't so concerned about not loosing ride height I would have done blacks.

I believe gteaser is very happy with his h&rs.

It depends on what you want. From my understanding, konis will last ~100k miles vs a coilover setup which would be closer to 30k before it needs to be rebuilt

Def konis then! Thank you! Still new with most of this, appreciate all the great info.

I don't remember a bearing either.

The '13 springs are supposed to be similar to the Eibachs but without the 1" drop. I was worried that the blacks would be too stiff for me, but every now and then I wonder what could have been. One of the other guys on here went from blacks to eibachs because they were too stiff for him.

That said, if I wasn't so concerned about not loosing ride height I would have done blacks.

I believe gteaser is very happy with his h&rs.

Blacks the stiffest?

Blacks the stiffest?

one of the suspension threads has spring rates on the first post. blacks are in the middle ground if I remember right. I've got super slow internet where i'm at or i'd just post the link for you

one of the suspension threads has spring rates on the first post. blacks are in the middle ground if I remember right. I've got super slow internet where i'm at or i'd just post the link for you

Ah, I found it. Looks like swifts are a good choice!

Ah, I found it. Looks like swifts are a good choice!

Swifts will not work with konis due to cutting of the struts. You will most definitely get some rake if you pair swifts with the konis. Or you would have to get some tophat spacers for the fronts to get it back to level

Swifts will not work with konis due to cutting of the struts. You will most definitely get some rake if you pair swifts with the konis. Or you would have to get some tophat sisters for the fronts to get it back to level

Back to RCE Blacks! lol

Archived