LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Legacy Wheel Thread

... id post in the 'wanted section' but i dont have enough post yet

Strike two. Posts like these (i.e. buy/sell/trade posts in other than Marketplace threads) are a violation of forum rules. When you have been registered for a month and have accumulated 15 "contributory" posts you will be allowed to post in Marketplace threads. Until then, knock it off.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone running 2018+ STi 19'' wheels? Please post pictures and the tire size you're running. Picking up a set soon and trying to decide on the tire size

I’m unsure if anyone has it yet but here is one in NZ. 609ab345950d864bce06ead2614f74b3.jpg

6c490544a45d4f99695cd6844aa0d170.jpg

15cfca08d72e1dad375f758b9ac17abf.jpg

I think 225/45R19 will give you the normal width of the tire and allow you to keep nearly the same diameter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So your saying the car pictured with the 19 inch STI rims has 225/45R19 tires on it? Are the tires stretched as Backek88 indicated? Did you have to do any modifications to the wheel wells to keep them from rubbing?

I am looking to stuff 19's under my 2019 Legacy to take up the gap in the fender well

245/35WR19.0 Is the size the STi limited uses, so I’d think it be a direct fit to our legacy.

The NZ Subaru 3.6Rs I believe uses 225’s see this page: https://www.subaru.co.nz/promotions/legacy-sti-experience

I’m on mobile so I have a hard time seeing the tire size specs.

You are correct - 245/35/19 is the stock STi tire size and it will indeed fit. However, the overall wheel size is significantly smaller than the Legacy stock wheel size which is 225/50/18. I picked up the wheels and 255/40/19 tires last week and just waiting on the TPMS sensor. Will install by the end of next week and report back with some pictures

Bacek88, cant wait to see the photos! Thanks guys for the help. I found these rims from TSW that look almost identical to the STI rims (but half the cost).

https://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_sebring.php

Do you guys know what the offset and the backspacing requirements are for the Legacy? I think I read somewhere that the offset should be 40mm but I don't know the backspacing?

• 1 month later...

Been trawling this thread looking for ideas for my Gen6 3.6R. I'm in Australia so got the standard 18x7.5s and 225/50 R18s.

I've pretty much settled on the Enkei SC38.

Currently debating whether to go 19x8.5 P45 or 20x8.5 P45. Both will fit from what I can tell, so its up to the looks.

I firmly believe the Gen6 needs at least 19" (I think it looks weird on 18"); and that makes me think that maybe I should go to 20". I'd put 245/35R20s on.

Just not sure if I should go that far though. It's used as a daily back and forward to work on sealed roads. I don't do any unsealed and have another car (4WD) for long trips etc.

Did you consider the weight of the SC38s? The 20” is 13.5 kg (29.8 lb)! The 19” is only slightly better at 13.0 kg (28.7 lb). How does that compare to the OEM 18” Wheels?

Yeah not sure ...

I've actually changed my mind today and now going for the Enkei SC50s in Gunmetal in 19x8s

https://www.wheeldemon.com.au/enkei-sc50-gun-metal-12

It seems a bit lighter and I like the styling more.

Going for 245/40R19s.

Got Enkei SC50s in 19x8 ET45 fitted today, along with 245/40R19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s.

I still think they look a little small, but will be lowering it soon.

scoob.thumb.jpg.1d074d3b6b5f3f0bbe270b36137acb12.jpg

Here is my '19 3.6R with 245/40ZR19 General G-MAX RS mounted on 19x8, 45mm offset, MSW Type 71 wheels (machined w/grey accent). Otherwise all stock.

2v2EDhes5xAYakF.jpg

2v2EDhekWxAYakF.jpg

2v2EDheiGxAYakF.jpg

2v2EDheDnxAYakF.jpg

Edited by Bill G.

Here is my '19 3.6R with 245/40ZR19 General G-MAX RS mounted on 19x8 (machined w/grey accent) MSW Type 71 wheels. Otherwise all stock.

2v2EDhes5xAYakF.jpg

2v2EDhekWxAYakF.jpg

2v2EDheiGxAYakF.jpg

2v2EDheDnxAYakF.jpg

Beautiful! Very well done and tasteful!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here is my '19 3.6R with 245/40ZR19 General G-MAX RS mounted on 19x8, 45mm offset, MSW Type 71 wheels (machined w/grey accent). Otherwise all stock.

[Did you have trouble finding spline lug nuts which the socket fits the wheel hole?

[Did you have trouble finding spline lug nuts which the socket fits the wheel hole?

No, Tire Rack sent me the right splined lug nuts, "Gorilla" makes them.

• 1 month later...

hello all, I see many beautiful wheels and wonder if anyone noticed any improvements in the handling with different wheel size and offsets?

As we all know legacy 6th generation steering feels little loose at highway speed. So please let me know which wheels tires offset combo gives you better steering feel at highway speed?