LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Legacy Wheel Thread

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 9.5's are +38 and the 8's are +35 that I'm looking at. Thought the 9.5's with +38 would fit better than the 8's +35?? I did look at fitment industries and people have run both, but none are on stock suspension. So I'm not really sure what one would fit the best without many issues. And by "safe" I mean no real big issues. Don't mind a little work to get them to fit without rubbing Edited by Capt99ws6

Yeah those should fit fine. I guess I was just curious why you ruled out 8.5 and 9 and went straight to 9.5 as an option. With stock suspension you have a much larger margin for error, so I doubt you'll need to camber or roll fenders. Good luck and post pics when you get them installed!

• 3 weeks later...
So would I be safe with a 18x9.5 +38mm with a 245/45/18 tire on stock suspension?

(I have 19x9.5 +25) and with no negative camber it sticks out passed the fender width. i had a picture but cant find it lol and looks weird/bad with no camber i would recommend staying in the 8 or 8.5 to be honest. but if you really want some meaty fitment +30 would probably be best and would maybe rub but 🤷🏽*♂️ hey you only got one life to live.

What you guys think about this wheels? Selected them mostly because of the same offset (55mm)

SUPERTURISMO AERO OZ RACING 19"

https://www.ozracing.com/alloy-wheels/oz-racing/i-tech/superturismo-aero

they are 19" 8.5 wide - tirerack recomends 225 45 19 can I do 245 40 19 on stock suspension?

will they look nice on white legacy?

Edited by aki334

I imagine they will look nice. As for the tire selection, I have 225s on 8.5s because I had them laying around...not by design. I wouldn't recommend 225s. Lip is too exposed. Go with 245s.

As for the offset, I guess the extra inch probably won't be too problematic, but remember you'll still not be anywhere close to flush and you're adding width on the suspension side at that point. From all the time I've been in my wheel well recently I can affirm you likely won't foul on the perch but you might like the look better with +45.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have my old STi aftermarket wheels and was wondering if 18x9.5 +45 on 245/45/18 would work on stock suspension.

Currently the wheels are mounted on 255/35/18 rs4s but I don't think that setup would work well.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

So I’ve got a set of wheels on the way that are 18x8 +35 and was looking for opinions on tires. I saw a guy on reditt running the same wheels on 225/50/r18 tires and he confirmed that they didn’t rub but I’m wondering if I can get away with 245/45r18 tires with no rub. I don’t love the fat sidewall of the stock size 225s and The 245s would actually have a slightly lower speedo error apparently. I am on stock suspension and I realize it’ll be close but wanted to know what you guys thought, 225s or 245s?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Switched from the leftover tires I had off my Optima that I finally burned up which were 225/45-18's to some meaty 245/45-18 conti extreme contact DWS06 Plus tires on my 8.5 inch +45 Enkei TFRs. Fitment is perfect. I'm lowered on BC BRs by about 1.5" and theres no rubbing at all.

Glad to have more sidewall back!! It also increased the ride height a bit which I needed because frankly I was too low...

Only downside is the extra weight requires more braking effort and hampers acceleration a bit. So far I'm very happy with the extra grip though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...