LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Legacy Wheel Thread

As requested

Type: 2015/16 Premium STI wheels

Size: 18 x 8.5 ET55

Tyres: 225/50R18

eCHo4bN.jpg

Would these need to run any spacers or anything, or a clean bolt up? Same offset as stock wheels on an 18 Legacy but 8.5 vs 7.5

Thanks all. These and the 2011 STI Enkei's and 2015 STi wheels shown below have been my favorite combos so far in this thread.

29121931004_9fb32ffc12_b.jpg

22865041410_4921b09011_c.jpg

Edited by IceWilly

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GFG Forged FM 914 19x9 ET35 wheels with 245/40R19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 rubber. No one's posted about fitment for these specs before, so just sharing what it looks like. But it's not for everyone, because I had to roll my rear fenders all the way (including shaving and cutting) to avoid rubbing while running comfortable coilover damper settings and sane camber (just over a degree). In terms of overall rolling radius, I'm at just marginally smaller than stock, which means negligible speedo error.

bf69b3a441d7082209514d25f5fe3708.jpg

df77fde080f937bb883c83fb2b377cb9.jpg

b3ea44bc52ce2df51113520a192dbeab.jpg

a5167261a9fc7c5cc7c698fdaa446ebd.jpg

1727ddb792dbfd866b197f877c49eefe.jpg

d765eb97965ad169a673abfef59f8682.jpg

ec896102b62899c9c0fc725786e612d2.jpg

Question, did you wrap all the window trims black? Also i take that’s a glossy finish all around? If you wrapped it how hard was it? Did you have to take any of the trims out to do it?

Question, did you wrap all the window trims black?

Yes.

Also i take that’s a glossy finish all around?

Yep.

If you wrapped it how hard was it? Did you have to take any of the trims out to do it?

Paid to get it professionally wrapped, but hung around to watch. Trims stayed on. Didn't look terribly difficult but it required cutting the vinyl precisely with a knife.

@redvenetian on Instagram

Yes.

Yep.

Paid to get it professionally wrapped, but hung around to watch. Trims stayed on. Didn't look terribly difficult but it required cutting the vinyl precisely with a knife.

Awesome, that’s the plan for me, and plan on doing it in the next few weeks. A friend of mine will do it for me, he does window tinting and other stuff so I trust him with a trimming knife, just gotta careful around the edges.

You have an amazing looking car.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't see why not, going by the specs, and assuming your brakes are stock.

I have the 4 caliper brembo brakes on a 2016 Legacy. Would the 2018 sti rims fit over those brakes? Im currently using the 2017 sti rims in 18 inch but wanted to go to the 19 inch.

I have the 4 caliper brembo brakes on a 2016 Legacy. Would the 2018 sti rims fit over those brakes? Im currently using the 2017 sti rims in 18 inch but wanted to go to the 19 inch.

I confess that I don't know.

However, since you've currently got enough clearance with the 2017 STI wheels, I think there's a good chance. But at least be prepared to add thin spacers if necessary.

d355cae0df3d3e9924d6f3749afd317f.jpg

And because I don't have any straight-on shots of the back, here's an older shot before the winglets and reverse/indicator light overlays:

73ca64ed67708b5b8a0a5e465c0e7ff8.jpg

Are you still dropped 1.5" all around or is your car lower in these pics? I seen you mentioned about having rubbing issues and having to roll the rear lip. I'm wondering if this would be an issue with your same wheel size and offset on h&r springs on a 1.3" drop

Man I’m so jealous about some of these rims! Surmiser I was going with the Venetian red legacy but they didn’t have the 3.6R option, otherwise that would have been my color.

I’m having my chrome delete redone from the shop that did my grille because the previous shop absolutely sucked and the chrome delete came or crappy.

I have my appointment set for next week to get it done.

It might be this summer when I get some new wheels, for now stock will do.

Are you still dropped 1.5" all around or is your car lower in these pics? I seen you mentioned about having rubbing issues and having to roll the rear lip. I'm wondering if this would be an issue with your same wheel size and offset on h&r springs on a 1.3" drop

Yes, still dropped 1.5" all around, or maybe a teeny bit lower than that after the coilover springs settled. Rear fender clearance is a real challenge with lowered 6th-gens. Even with a 1.3" drop, there might be rubbing issues because of the relatively soft stock dampers, with 19" +35 wheels and 40 profile rubber.

Man I’m so jealous about some of these rims! Surmiser I was going with the Venetian red legacy but they didn’t have the 3.6R option, otherwise that would have been my color.

Aww, that's a shame, not enough of us venetian red 6th-gens around!

Anyone have 245/50/18 tires on their car? I'm looking to get those, but don't know if there will be any issues with the stock suspension, rubbing issues..anything negative really. I currently have 245/45/18. Thanks all.

I highly doubt any rubbing will occur, but you're already running an off size for the car. Check this out and it'll show you how it'll affect proportions. https://tiresize.com/calculator/ Then do some measuring of your set up and add the difference.

Edited by SubieN8

I highly doubt any rubbing will occur, but you're already running an off size for the car. Check this out and it'll show you how it'll affect proportions. https://tiresize.com/calculator/ Then do some measuring of your set up and add the difference.

I should clarify that I'm using the sti rims that are 18x8.5. I'm using the Michelin pilot sport as 3+ tires on 245/45/18. When replacing these tires, I would like to go to a bigger sidewall...I'd even like to get a wider tire but haven't found any. What I found was 245/50/18 which was the continental dsw..

I should clarify that I'm using the sti rims that are 18x8.5. I'm using the Michelin pilot sport as 3+ tires on 245/45/18. When replacing these tires, I would like to go to a bigger sidewall...I'd even like to get a wider tire but haven't found any. What I found was 245/50/18 which was the continental dsw..

I am on the dws06 and they are pretty good.

Lmao I would actually be happier with the 1.5" drop! Everything I see says 1.3" for our car. What part number did you install?

Manufacturer Part #: 54427.2

Here's how it sits now.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=263378&d=1522003558

Edited by Pleiades 3.6R

Manufacturer Part #: 54427.2

Here's how it sits now.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=263378&d=1522003558

Looks great!!!

BC Racing. Blox Racing. Whiteline. AVO Turbo. RalliTek. Gramlights Michelin. Optima. HKC-Speed. Nameless. AFE. K&N. WeatherTech. Morimoto. Solar Gard. PPF. 9H.

Figured I'd post the actual specs up here...

Type: Vossen VSF1

Size: 20 x 9 ET40

Tyres: Nitto NT555 G2 245/35r20

3e817f6bc6f23aee565819a5c550de02.jpgd98943b6131bcd66432b3298f24c5b3a.jpgd8d19645199f783930474e41431db55b.jpge9727929b8a4f8424d57eba581758035.jpg

Okay, I gotta ask, how the hell did you fit those rims in there? Do you have any rubbing problems? Also what modifications did you had to make to fit those?

I'm new to the wheel world guys,

Will something like this fit properly?

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=SR023SG&wheelMake=BBS&wheelModel=SR&wheelFinish=Anthracite%20Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=3.6R+Limited

This one has offset of 50mm Size: 18x8

Mine the stock wheels are 18 x 7.5

My tires at 225/50/18

I was also considering these

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=WI15880511445TG&wheelMake=RADIUS&wheelModel=WI15&wheelFinish=Titanium%20Gunmetal&showRear=no&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=3.6R+Limited

The dimension on that is 18 x 8 and 45mm offset, not sure how well that will bode with with my new tires that I got few months ago.

I'm new to the wheel world guys,

Will something like this fit properly?

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=SR023SG&wheelMake=BBS&wheelModel=SR&wheelFinish=Anthracite%20Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=3.6R+Limited

This one has offset of 50mm Size: 18x8

Mine the stock wheels are 18 x 7.5

My tires at 225/50/18

I was also considering these

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=WI15880511445TG&wheelMake=RADIUS&wheelModel=WI15&wheelFinish=Titanium%20Gunmetal&showRear=no&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=3.6R+Limited

The dimension on that is 18 x 8 and 45mm offset, not sure how well that will bode with with my new tires that I got few months ago.

No issue with either. Your tire size fits 7.5" and 8" wide rims.

No issue with either. Your tire size fits 7.5" and 8" wide rims.

Okay, so I shouldn’t worry about rim offsets one being 45 and the other being 55? I heard anything over 10mm might be bad. (45mm) one

Okay, so I shouldn’t worry about rim offsets one being 45 and the other being 55? I heard anything over 10mm might be bad. (45mm) one

From what I understand it's no issue. The issue comes when your tires start rubbing because the offset is too far off factory specs. There's a few websites where you can plug in your current wheel and tire specs along with the new ones and it'll tell you the exactly difference and what it translates to.

Someone I'm sure will correct me if I'm wrong on anything. I researched the issue a few weeks back but decided to hold off until I get the car paid off.

I know people have said that comparable offsets will fit without rubbing, but i think i'm just looking for a confidence boost before pulling the trigger lol. I have my eye on a great deal for a set of 18x8 +40 which i would put 225's on. Is that going to rub at all when the car is loaded?