LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Legacy Wheel Thread

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't put anything wider than 245 on a 8.5" wheel, otherwise you'll have a lag in steering response and feel.

Agree, i have 245s on 8.5 and they're already oversized.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Here's 245 on 19x8.5, helps protect the wheel from the curb but it's already wide.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160609/a67f31afcdd410c4d59d94fe31e10394.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

18x8.5 +45 to be exact :)

+45 will give more clearance between the tire and front strut but mine are +55. Really close but it doesn't rub:)

I wouldn't put anything wider than 245 on a 8.5" wheel, otherwise you'll have a lag in steering response and feel.

6th gen steering is pretty numb so I'll take some extra rim protection over better steering feel any day:lol:

According to the handy dandy 1010 Tires calculator the rim width range for 245/45R18 is 7.5-9.0 and 255/45R18 is 8.0-9.5, either way 8.5 is middle of the pack. 1cm (~0.4in) really isn't that much more, a stiffer sidewalled performance tire vs softer sidewalled comfort-oriented tire would have a much greater impact on steering feel than 1cm of width (and therefore 0.45cm taller sidewall) imo.

Guys i Need your help

Im buying the stock 2016 WRX Wheels and i need tire help. i am a noob at tires and need recommendations on tires. I would perfer All season tires

i have the stock 2.5i Legacy with the steel wheels

plz help me.

I did the exact same. My stock steelies were replaced by the WRX wheels and my tires went straight over...If you got the 18" WRX wheels then yeah all new tires...but if they are like mine the tires go straight across...

IMG_2092.thumb.JPG.514efe337ccf3e638940b07d8492fb8c.JPG

I did the exact same. My stock steelies were replaced by the WRX wheels and my tires went straight over...If you got the 18" WRX wheels then yeah all new tires...but if they are like mine the tires go straight across...

so everything transfered over right ? even the lugs ?

i was looking at these wheels too. ill see

even the lugs ?

I don't know the reason, but Subaru does specify different lug nuts for steel vs. alloy wheels on the 2015/2016 Legacy/Outback.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Guys i Need your help

Im buying the stock 2016 WRX Wheels and i need tire help. i am a noob at tires and need recommendations on tires. I would perfer All season tires

i have the stock 2.5i Legacy with the steel wheels

plz help me.

Check out General GMax AS-03.. There a pretty inexpensive tire and have great grip.. Treadwear is 400 i believe.. which is really good it might be slightly higher.. Check on Ebay Discount Tire Direct usually has some great deals.. I got my 19" tires shipped for 543.00 complete set of 4.. beat t

Tire Rack by 200.00..[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

245/40/18 is the stock Wheel size for the wrx

you think i can do 245/40/18 or 245/45/18 ????

Yeah shouldnt be an issue.. i would go with the 245/45/18.. get a little more road absorbtion..[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

245/40/18 is the stock Wheel size for the wrx

you think i can do 245/40/18 or 245/45/18 ????

Go with the 245/45R18 as this is closest to the stock size. The WRX runs a smaller diameter tyre and your speedo will read fast if you put a 245/40R18 tyre on the Legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The All seasons? Post-up what you think of them once mounted, please.

yes, i still plan on grabbing a set of snow tires.

but what I'm looking for is great traction dry/wet minimal sidewall flex and a "quiet" tire. jesus i seem to find all the loud ass tires hahaha i probably won't notice I'm so use to road noise now.

I'm still shopping for prices ... hope in the next 2 weeks should be mounted and good to go. then NEXT suspension