LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Legacy Wheel Thread

^^ All of that but the 10" and staggered setup bits.

No one (except a few crazies in Japan and Russia with mucho dinero) has put 10" wide wheels on a 5th Gen, and I don't think they would work on a 6th Gen either, even with coilovers. They would require a LOT of fender work.

You don't want to run staggered on an AWD car, even if running the same size tires and stretching the rears a bit. Best to stay square and if you need a little less offset in the rear, take it up with 5mm or 10mm spacers to get an even flush.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not wise to run a staggered set up on an all wheel drive system.. It's best if all wheels weigh the same.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thats great advice! didnt even think about that aspect. Too focused on how pretty I want it...:lol:

So more like 8.5 wide then to avoid fender work and a square setup...

T

So more like 8.5 wide then to avoid fender work and a square setup...

...Or you could be the first 6th Genner to step out of the box and try 9 or 9.5, but you would have to know, or know someone that knows, what you're doing.

The problem with wide rims is that they more often than not come with aggressive offsets in order to clear the strut/suspension on the inside.

So you will probably be hard pressed to find a 9" rim with +50 offset. Much more likely to get these in a +35 and then need to do some guard work to make some space.

Edited by tigger73

Size: 19X8.5 ET45

Stud pattern: 5 x 114.3mm

Style: VMR (Velocity Motoring) V706 7 spoke alloy in matte gunmetal

Tyre size: 225/45 R19

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/hansolo3101/Cars/2015%20Legacy%20Limited/IMG_2737_zpsbsb2zzik.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/hansolo3101/Cars/2015%20Legacy%20Limited/IMG_2705_zpsouymvroa.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/hansolo3101/Cars/2015%20Legacy%20Limited/IMG_2709_zpsi7xsy5uh.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/hansolo3101/Cars/2015%20Legacy%20Limited/IMG_2760_zpsnbybjpch.jpg

Btw, I saw Velocity offered the new 5x114.3 lug pattern on this wheel so I just called them direct. I was expecting to have the wheel shipped to me and then order my tires on Tire Rack, then source TPMS sensors, then get everything mounted locally. I spoke to a guy named Tracy at VMR and he asked me what I was doing for tires and said he can just do the whole transaction through them and they would mount and balance everything. I paid exactly the price listed on TireRack for my Continental Extreme DWS (love those tires, but that is another post). Really excellent customer service through these guys. I wish there were more companies like this. They surprisingly even had a nice selection of lug nuts to choose from that were very competitively priced. Shipping was reasonable too.

Got the approval from my Husband to let go of my WRX wheel and tire set up. Has TPMS sensors. Doing this is preparation of trading it sooner than later. Look at the pics in my album. PM me if interested. Local only, sorry everyone.

Picked up some Fresh Takeoffs from the latest WRX model. Swapped out my factory steelies for the 17x8 +55 rims. Way better look IMO.

Question for you guys: TPMS light came on, seems I need to have them re-learned to the ECU ( new rims had factory TPMS sensors still attached ). Dealership or should I go back to the tire shop?

Also what are the specs for the studs so I can buy new lug nuts (thread pattern) I have found it listed around at 12x1.25 and 12x1.5

Thanks!

IMG_2093.thumb.jpg.d1892d72daf63022c43a43f706ecf41b.jpg

Picked up some Fresh Takeoffs from the latest WRX model. Swapped out my factory steelies for the 17x8 +55 rims. Way better look IMO.

Question for you guys: TPMS light came on, seems I need to have them re-learned to the ECU ( new rims had factory TPMS sensors still attached ). Dealership or should I go back to the tire shop?

Also what are the specs for the studs so I can buy new lug nuts (thread pattern) I have found it listed around at 12x1.25 and 12x1.5

Thanks!

Looks Good.. Lug Threads are 12 x 1.25..[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Looks Good.. Lug Threads are 12 x 1.25..[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks :icon_mrgr The open nuts dont look bad from 5 ft but id rather get some that have a closed end. Off to Amazon!

Thanks!

Local dealership here was generous enough to program mine for free! It took them 5-10 mins, they'll read the new TPMS IDs with a special tool, them reprogram the ECU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk