LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Legacy Wheel Thread

I thought it was too good to be true as well! The post was over a month old and was pretty hard to spot. I think he just didn't know how to list items correctly because he said he started at $800 and could not sell them. I'm sure if he listed them on Craigslist they would have sold in minutes!

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/art0820/Legacy1%204_zpsdkroahp2.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/art0820/Legacy1%203_zpskzjocfam.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/art0820/Legacy1%202_zps5qnflulc.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/art0820/Legacy1%201_zpsjfhik3xa.jpg

I just posted this in the What did you do Thread but I thought I share it on here as well.

Lowered on H&R Springs

Wheels

Klutch Metal KM20 19x8.5 +36

Tires

245/40R19 Continental ExtremeContact DWS06

I thought it was too good to be true as well! The post was over a month old and was pretty hard to spot. I think he just didn't know how to list items correctly because he said he started at $800 and could not sell them. I'm sure if he listed them on Craigslist they would have sold in minutes!

Don't get your hopes up. Check for Facebook Subaru groups in your area as well as Nasioc classified. They're out there. I know of one set in NH for $700 at the moment, but I'm holding out for STis.

Don't get your hopes up. Check for Facebook Subaru groups in your area as well as Nasioc classified. They're out there. I know of one set in NH for $700 at the moment, but I'm holding out for STis.

I already picked them up from him! I took that picture I posted above.

So I did a quick search on the app "Let Go" and saw these babies. Bought them today for $350 for the set! Only 7500 miles on them! Thanks for the advice guys! Also, it seems the consensus is to go with 245/45/18 tires on these, right?

Yep them WRX boys don't like to ride on stock rims so there's quite a few around the place with low/zero miles.

And that's a really cheap price you paid for them also if they have no marks. Clearly the guy just wanted some space in his garage.

And yes you want to go with either 245/45/18 or 255/45/18 tires with an 18x8 rim as these keep you closest to the stock diameter for your speedo. Check the first post as there are all the rim/tire sizes posted there.

Yep them WRX boys don't like to ride on stock rims so there's quite a few around the place with low/zero miles.

And that's a really cheap price you paid for them also if they have no marks. Clearly the guy just wanted some space in his garage.

And yes you want to go with either 245/45/18 or 255/45/18 tires with an 18x8 rim as these keep you closest to the stock diameter for your speedo. Check the first post as there are all the rim/tire sizes posted there.

Great, thanks for the info! I just took a look at the first page and don't see any data for an 18x8.5 +55 wheel (assuming I have the numbers right for the WRX wheels). Am I reading it correctly?

Great, thanks for the info! I just took a look at the first page and don't see any data for an 18x8.5 +55 wheel (assuming I have the numbers right for the WRX wheels). Am I reading it correctly?

Have a look at the bottom line of the 18" wheel table has the 18x8.5 +55. Fitment is confirmed OK.

The rim side of the table (first 3 columns) should be read separate to the tire side (last 3 columns) as you can fit any of the 18" tires on any of the 18" rims within reason.

Top line is just the stock size and all the other sizes are options with difference related back to stock size.

Have a look at the bottom line of the 18" wheel table has the 18x8.5 +55. Fitment is confirmed OK.

The rim side of the table (first 3 columns) should be read separate to the tire side (last 3 columns) as you can fit any of the 18" tires on any of the 18" rims within reason.

Top line is just the stock size and all the other sizes are options with difference related back to stock size.

Oh okay, I see now. Thanks, I really appreciate the help!

So I did a quick search on the app "Let Go" and saw these babies. Bought them today for $350 for the set! Only 7500 miles on them! Thanks for the advice guys! Also, it seems the consensus is to go with 245/45/18 tires on these, right?

Awesome deal man!! Altho I'm kinda jealous cause I paid WAYYY more for mine:spin::lol::lol: I recommend 255/45/18, it's 1cm wider and a tiny bit taller than 245/45. No rubbing and fitment is nice and flush.

Here's a comparison of stock vs 245/45 vs 255/45 http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator/225-50R18/245-45R18/255-45R18

http://i.imgur.com/mHxs03H.jpg

BFG gForce Comp-2 A/S has good reviews and I know a few folks that are happy with them. It's what I will be getting on my Fozz when the time comes.

I'm trying to decide between these and Cooper Zeon RS3-A. Any opinions?

Also, does anyone know if I will need alignment after putting on the new wheels and tires? It seems like I shouldn't since I am technically keeping the same overall wheel and tire diameter.

Edited by bobbydd21

It's probably not a bad idea to get an alignment done every couple of years. Obviously if you have uneven wear on your tires you should do it sooner. Suspension components wear over time and your alignment will shift. Also if you hit a pothole you can cause your alignment to go out.

For a lot of people doing it at the same time as changing tires is probably not a bad thing as it should give you the best life out of the set of tires.

Model#: 20SIK-57-R6.58

Sik 20x8.5 +35 offset 5x114.3 bolt pattern

Tires: TOLEX246/35-20T52

Beware! If you're going to transport your old wheels in your car, the significant weight increase in the wheels can cause severe damage to your fenders. My tires started rubbing and my fenders could've been destroyed. The 20s will fit but PLEASE be aware of this. I found out that rolling your fenders is not that expensive so doing that if you go big is definitely worth it especially if you're going to be transporting serious weight in your car i.e passengers and heavy cargo. By the grace of God im so thankful i caught this before it was too late, and i wouldve been in serious danger. Let me know what you guys think of the wheels. I did see black and chrome ones but they disappeared into the car and yes did give a more aggressive look. I decided on these for more of a contrast look.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160821/d84d9e3b22515833c5f70072374a6de9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by Kay2DaA

I'm trying to decide between these and Cooper Zeon RS3-A. Any opinions

I had these on 17s a few years ago. While they were fine on dry, I didn't like them in the snow. Light snow cornering was sketchy.

Model#: 20SIK-57-R6.58

Sik 20x8.5 +35 offset 5x114.3 bolt pattern

Tires: TOLEX246/35-20T52

Beware! If you're going to transport your old wheels in your car, the significant weight increase in the wheels can cause severe damage to your fenders. My tires started rubbing and my fenders could've been destroyed. The 20s will fit but PLEASE be aware of this. I found out that rolling your fenders is not that expensive so doing that if you go big is definitely worth it especially if you're going to be transporting serious weight in your car i.e passengers and heavy cargo. By the grace of God im so thankful i caught this before it was too late, and i wouldve been in serious danger. Let me know what you guys think of the wheels. I did see black and chrome ones but they disappeared into the car and yes did give a more aggressive look. I decided on these for more of a contrast look.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160821/d84d9e3b22515833c5f70072374a6de9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Got any more shots of these, like from the side of the car and the back of the car? I'm working on picking up a set with the same wheel specs and want to see what I'm in for.