LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Legacy Wheel Thread

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go where you had them installed, usually cheaper. I am switching back to my non-snow set up next week, Discount tire will be $150 cheaper than the local dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$150!? He already has the new wheels installed and they already have TPMS on them, the dealership or whichever tire place just need to take a reading of the new TPMS and program the IDs to the car.

$150!? He already has the new wheels installed and they already have TPMS on them, the dealership or whichever tire place just need to take a reading of the new TPMS and program the IDs to the car.

I'll report back what happened, gonna get this fixed after work. I hate that indicator in the dash being lit.

Depending on how you approach the dealership some will do the TPMS coding for free. I went to three dealerships across the course of two weeks and finally one was able to do it without an appointment and ended up doing it for free because they said it is so quick there is no need to charge. I think it took less than ten minutes and they didn't need to pull it into the shop. Just did it in the covered parking outside of the service entrance. Don't ask on a Saturday! :)

This was just my experience. From now on, I am just going to have the dealership do the scheduled maintenance and Discount Tire doing any wheel/tire maintenance. I am having a different set of tires mounted on my STI wheels, so it would be $278 less, if it was just a switching of sets of wheel/tires.

Depending on how you approach the dealership some will do the TPMS coding for free. I went to three dealerships across the course of two weeks and finally one was able to do it without an appointment and ended up doing it for free because they said it is so quick there is no need to charge. I think it took less than ten minutes and they didn't need to pull it into the shop. Just did it in the covered parking outside of the service entrance. Don't ask on a Saturday! :)

That's exactly how mine was done! It was on a a Saturday morning so I definitely lucked out. They did earn a positive Yelp review from me for their generosity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Somebody really has to buy these LeVorg wheels and get them into the States. I would but I am PCD 5x100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131776402047?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

[ATTACH]229685[/ATTACH][ATTACH]229686[/ATTACH]

Not my cup of tea, just like the factory 18"s Premium i replaced. Btw, still available for sale! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

NVM, the new 2017 Legacy Sport comes with these wheels. :lol:

Someone could still be an early adopter:rolleyes:

I prefer the WRX 18's I've got over those, never been a fan of slanted spokes cause I'm all about that symmetry lol. Still quite nice looking though.

NA 2.5 'sport'

So there sport model is slower than the 3.6, makes sense...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Really it's just an appearance package, just like last gen and with the Impreza.

The Accord Sport is the same way, although you do get a whoppping 4 extra HP over a regular 4cyl Accord. Red brake calipers get you at least +5hp so I'd say a can of rust-oleum is a better investment.:lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
this may be a stupid question, but what effect will a wider wheel have on fuel efficiency? what about an 18" vs the stock 17" on the Premium model. Been eyeing a couple STI wheels, but have been enjoying the 31 MPG (mixed city and freeway). Would the difference between the 18 X 8.5 and 17 X 8 be huge? What about both compared to the stock 17 X 7.5"?

this may be a stupid question, but what effect will a wider wheel have on fuel efficiency? what about an 18" vs the stock 17" on the Premium model. Been eyeing a couple STI wheels, but have been enjoying the 31 MPG (mixed city and freeway). Would the difference between the 18 X 8.5 and 17 X 8 be huge? What about both compared to the stock 17 X 7.5"?

Rolling friction/wind resistance increases so yeah, you lose mpg's as well as a slower rolling start time. Think of it this way, you have more tire grabbing the road and sticking to it, the motor has to work a little bit harder to compensate for that.

If you're worried about mpg's, your biggest wheel concern should be the weight of the wheel. Reducing / adding rotational force weight (Drivetrain/wheels) will have the most obvious effect. Since they're attached to the powertrain, it's alot more noticeable than say, removing something from the cabin.

Some cheap wheels can be VERY heavy and that will slaughter your mpg's and acceleration. TSW makes some pretty nice lightweight wheels.

Well Finally something Bas to Report about my Dealership.. Took my car in for routine oil change and wash and as usual i told them not to use the Brush on my Wheel, Well this time changed.. Looked it over looked good so left for a 15 minute drive for another appointment gor out and Noticed the Lip of my Wheels were Stained with the Stupid Spot Free Rinse they use during the wash process and Also my 2 Piece Rotor Hats... [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji36] [emoji36] I called them and they want me to try and Polish it out, So i bought some Diamond Metal Polish and a Mothers Polishing Wheel for my Drill and I'm going to try and work it out tonight, but if doesnt work back to the dealer Monday.. But Definetly They Need to Buy me some New Rotor Hats that Stuff is not going to Polish of the Anodized Material... [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji36] I got 4 Car Shows in June and this Sucks!!! Just had to Vent... [emoji100] [emoji100] [emoji100] [emoji100] [emoji383] [emoji383] [emoji383]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Well Finally something Bas to Report about my Dealership.. Took my car in for routine oil change and wash and as usual i told them not to use the Brush on my Wheel, Well this time changed.. Looked it over looked good so left for a 15 minute drive for another appointment gor out and Noticed the Lip of my Wheels were Stained with the Stupid Spot Free Rinse they use during the wash process and Also my 2 Piece Rotor Hats... [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji36] [emoji36] I called them and they want me to try and Polish it out, So i bought some Diamond Metal Polish and a Mothers Polishing Wheel for my Drill and I'm going to try and work it out tonight, but if doesnt work back to the dealer Monday.. But Definetly They Need to Buy me some New Rotor Hats that Stuff is not going to Polish of the Anodized Material... [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji36] I got 4 Car Shows in June and this Sucks!!! Just had to Vent... [emoji100] [emoji100] [emoji100] [emoji100] [emoji383] [emoji383] [emoji383]

Put a sticky note on your wheel next time you bring it in!:lol:

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

Just no more courtesy car washes for me no matter how dirty it is..[emoji6]

I can't believe you actually let them wash your car.

Honestly, I don't get people who get so happy to get a car wash (aka paint destruction) at a dealer with service.

I make sure that they put a huge sign on my car that says "No Wash".