LegacyGT.com

Rhitter's Build Thread

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the difference so dramatic I will immediately need to go get it aligned?

If I remember correctly it was about 1/8" toe change for me. Which is enough to eat your tires if your have a lot of camber.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 1 month later...

9YyCDfp.jpg

Reposting Rebourne's edit of my picture.

To do:

1. Install double din

1.a decide what stereo to run

1.b back up camera

2. Fix leaking rear backup light - I have the new gasket

3. Unplug VDC from steering wheel

4. raise car - front .75, rear probably an inch.

5. Eventually when I get new tires I'll probably go to 245/45/18s.

oh also rotate tires and oil change (I ran out of my Tokyo Roki stock :( )

Edited by Rhitter

where was this?

I actually fixed my rear backup light too a couple of months back. I did not replace the gasket, but I used some silicone sealant to make the backup light housing water resistant. And I think I added some silicone on the gasket too. It's been working great so far, and we've had several rain storms since.

It's called China Camp state park. It's in Marin / San Rafael California.

I have been biking there for about 6 months. This was the first time this happened. Typically that's a field for a half mile to the bay. It was a king tide and flooded. I was really lucky that I had parked at "high" spot.

It's called China Camp state park. It's in Marin / San Rafael California.

I have been biking there for about 6 months. This was the first time this happened. Typically that's a field for a half mile to the bay. It was a king tide and flooded. I was really lucky that I had parked at "high" spot.

Adding to my must see list, I just bought my first mountain bike. There are so many great trails in the Bay that I intend to check out this spring/ summer

Edited by funkycharms

Adding to my must see list, I just bought my first mountain bike. There are so many great trails in the Bay that I intend to check out this spring/ summer

JMP in Oakland is also pretty good. It's short and techy. Crockett Hills in Crockett has a decent single track (shit right now because of the rain though)

Best for active rain is going to be Rockville park in Rockville. Techy / rocky.

China Camp is great because it holds up well in the rain has a well signed "main loop" and then a bunch of unsanctioned (but not illegal trails) on the backside. Backside really isn't beginner friendly. Frontside (what you see on a trail map is)

Hey mac, car's looking good man. Hope you and the fam are well!

Thanks Mark. my two year old is super ******* whiny and his response to everything is No. No matter what it is. Once we get passed the no, then it's well :D

Hope all is well you and your car(s). Did you ever get the manual you were looking for?

Rhitter, are you using your stock injectors? I was looking at your build thread and I didn't see any aftermarket injectors listed.

I'll probably upgrade to a VF52 or similar size turbo one of these days. Gotta get my Rallitek lift kit installed first, then wheels, then start power mods.

Responding to this here because I think this is where you meant to ask.

There were a couple considerations that went into not getting injectors (If I was doing it over again I probably would have got a DOM1.5, GS, and injectors when I got my engine rebuilt just do to it then. And what's 2-3k more when you are spending 8k....)

1. For VF52 levels they aren't needed if you are not running E85. There are performance benefits, potentially, but it's mild.

2. You need an aftermarket 02 sensor for an eTune, or you need a dyno tune. I didn't feel like messing with any of that.

3. I have top mount injectors already as my OEM ones.

And recently I am really not using any of the power ever. Short on ramps allow me to floor it through 2nd and 3rd. That's about it.

I keep thinking I'll eventually go DOM1.5xtr, but realistically I have 0 need for that power and it would cost close to $2.5k

My next large purchase is probably a 6speed. But, also I don't really need that either. My car has been pretty static lately and I am not really sure what I want to do with it.

Maybe I'll sell it and #vanlife :D That works well with a wife, kid and two large dogs :D

I was already soccer vanlifing

http://i.imgur.com/OLyQwqW.jpg

But my wife decided she liked driving the minivan so much that I never do anymore and it's her main car.

So maybe I'll go 4x4 vanlife

s-l400.jpg

But yeah, I would seriously miss my car if I sold it...

Going to the snow this weekend, so we will see how competent Toyota's AWD is. You can actually get a 2-3inch lift kit for the Sienna.

That's a Northshore rack 4 bike - http://www.northshoreracks.com/NSR%204-bike.htm I like it a lot for 3+ bikes. For 2 bikes I would prefer a normal hitch rack, just because it's easier to use. And bikes are so long now a days that I hit the back tire occasionally on the ground.

That blue van is proper. I got no idea what I'd do with it, but it's lovely to behold.

You'd need a plan - because you love it when a plan comes together.

Although - have you the got the "promptly escaped from a maximum security prison" achievement yet? You need that first.. :lol:

You'd need a plan - because you love it when a plan comes together.

Although - have you the got the "promptly escaped from a maximum security prison" achievement yet? You need that first.. [emoji38]

no offense, but i think we have the b team here...
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Good to hear man, wow your boy is 2 already? Wow time flies - it gets better closer to 3 when they can do lots more stuff.

Yup got a 5mt SWP wagon, and I actually just bought Franz's red sedan today. Gonna move all his parts (turbo, motor, 6mt, brakes) over to my wagon next weekend.

My car has been pretty static lately and I am not really sure what I want to do with it.

Maybe I'll sell it and #vanlife :D That works well with a wife, kid and two large dogs :D

Just enjoy the car. I wish I had driven mine more. :)

Hope you guys are doing well. I know you're crazy busy this year, but if you ever want to get out of the house (when it's not for work), let me know. :lol:

ooooh, Quadrifoglio? I want one :spin:

Don't we all? :lol:

IIRC, Franz leased a 2.0t Guilia. I don't know enough about the model names to know what's what there - TI, Sport, Lusso, whatever?

Man I miss all you Nor Cal guys. I'll probably make a trip down this next winter when I get off this ship in November after going around the world. Would be a good road trip with fresh paint and the new front end I put on last time I was home.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B