LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

So haruichi, You were overboosting with the Nameless DP, stock midpipe, and Nameless cans, correct?

Yes.

And with catless tbe no creep

I did email nameless a few times and had asked them to read the thread which he said hey did n maybe didn't read all of it , just came back and said we are talking about creep but if it creeps 1-3 psi that it's normal yes but not some of of that creep to 24psi, o boi, same as the others guys with problems my tuner said maybe I installed my ebcs wrong or it was faulty , I triple checked after and it was was , for me was just to swap dp, I hope the rest of you consider just doin that, or if able to fix nameless dp

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Removing the pills from the stock 2-port BCS setup will result in boost building slowly and probably falling short of target. Too much of the boost signal reaching the actuator.

You don't need to keep the pill if using a 3-port BCS. That can restrict airflow to the wastegate actuator and prevent it from operating quickly enough.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Sooooooo the first downpipe was made to fit my car exactly, after each part was made I went to English racing to get my tune done on a dyno, axle backs mid and downpipe. Arron never once said anything about boost creep or anything else really, except that are cars are sleepers. Ryan at Nameless no longer works for the company. I can get ahold of my tuner and nameless, because I feel like this issue should be handled by Nameless at this point. I am sorry that you guys are having problems with this, and since I was the first I will step up my game and start asking questions.

Sooooooo the first downpipe was made to fit my car exactly, after each part was made I went to English racing to get my tune done on a dyno, axle backs mid and downpipe. Arron never once said anything about boost creep or anything else really, except that are cars are sleepers.

I think the prevailing theory right now is that the changed angle that the wastegate dump pipe rejoins the rest of the exhaust at is at least partly responsible for the boost creep. On yours, it's angled to flow a little smoother. On the groupbuy pipe, it's at a 90 degree angle so the waste gate gases slam into the side of the exhaust pipe and then go whichever way they go (and potentially try to rebound back towards the wastegate).

I think before we contact Nameless, we need some really detailed comparison pictures (Hi GTEASER!) to supply them so we can highlight some areas we think we've identified. Also, I'd ideally be in a position to offer my car and downpipe without having to disassemble and introduce potential issues to yours, but I'm not really in a financial position to do so unless they don't charge me for their time. But if they are willing to investigate this a bit and have preferred way to do so, I'm totally on board. I just want the parts to do what is expected of them and my car to operate safely.

Edited by Ellesedil

Nameless really needs to be directed to this thread and read it in it's entirety.

I have already emailed them with the site and post to look at. Maybe get my car in with someone with the redesigned dp and start figuring out what's what. I contacted my tuner and he will look through the logs when he gets a chance.

I have already emailed them with the site and post to look at. Maybe get my car in with someone with the redesigned dp and start figuring out what's what. I contacted my tuner and he will look through the logs when he gets a chance.

Do you have an AccessPort or a boost gauge? Do you know if you're ever overboosting?

This is why I love my Stack Pro-Control boost gauge, because it gives me peak/recall, plus an alarm.

I am married with 2 kids and I am the last person in the family to get money lol. Nope I would love to, but life man....I have been tuned on the dyno about 5 times during the process of the build and he never once said anything about it, so I never worried about it. The dp on my car is different than all of yours expect maybe 1 or 2, also I have a 1 off stainless intake piping that they made for me because they were nice lol. So my set-up is different than all of yours even just enough to not over boost. Aaron is looking at my logs at some point and if he finds anything I will let you guys know. Also I have been to him for revisions on the tune when I added other parts. So my car has had maybe 10 dyno runs with all different types of setups and he never once said anything so I never questioned him. My car pulls real good and I haven't had any problems besides the first tune I got, which was from a different tuner because he downloaded a corrupt file onto my car and boy did it feel like shit......sorry for the long random thoughts post but I am trying to figure out why you guys are still having problems

^^ This is even more ammo for the GB DP not working properly, because apparently you have never had any issues with the original design of the DP. Nameless needs to get their hands on a car with the GB DP and see for themselves that something is not right with their revised design.

Nameless isn't on here anymore because they don't want to pay to post. Also everyone who is having a problem needs to email Nameless and tell them about your issue, that means EVERYONE who is having an issue to contact them and tell them about your issues. I just got off the phone with Steven and he has said that 1 person has gotten a hold of them and after the first time they didn't respond back. So there you guys go directly from the horses mouth......go get em :)

...I've been watching this thread/issue develop for little bit now. I'm wondering what this may mean for those of us who haven't installed the downpipe yet. I'm also wondering if an upgraded and ported turbo would resolve the issue. Edited by Syndicate

Although I'm not in this boat I have been keeping up with all things Nameless Performance for the 5th Gen since the day I joined. I'm sure everyone would have gladly paid a little more for the GB peice, for it to have stayed the exact same as the first few "prototypes" that seemed to have worked perfectly. Recently when researching stuff for my timing belt replacement I came across a new EBCS from Company 23 that is "anti-surge" which helps cut out the wastegate flutter. I don't know if it will work on the 5th Gen or even help the over boosting issue and for $229 it's quite an expensive chance to take. But if it did work it could be a step twards resolving the issue without having the DP reworked, although it is probably way cheaper to have the DW tube changed to the "prototype" setup as opposed to trying the "ASBCS" from Company 23. But for anyone interested in checking it out.

http://www.company23.com/subaruparts/522-525

I do hope to see this problem resolved soon and some bitchen power gains to give me hope of someday going stage 2 myself. Of course I can legally run catless in my state, I would prefer to go with a full Nameless TBE if I were to ever go stage 2.

Edited by foxrider28

First thing that comes to mind is: There isn't anyone currently having a problem, because those who had issues with the install either worked around them or went with a different DP and sold the NP one. And, it doesn't cost anything to read the forum posts or for a private account from a member of the shop to chime in with something...anything.

Second: The list of people who have the DP and are too scared to install it, because of downtime, cost, tuning...etc is probably longer than the list of people who even tried to install and tune. And if I remember correctly there have been at least two people contact them and get the response of " move the DP forward as far as you can", so how can it be that only a single person has contacted them with an issue on the GB DP.

Although I'm not in this boat I have been keeping up with all things Nameless Performance for the 5th Gen since the day I joined. I'm sure everyone would have gladly paid a little more for the GB peice, for it to have stayed the exact same as the first few "prototypes" that seemed to have worked perfectly. Recently when researching stuff for my timing belt replacement I came across a new EBCS from Company 23 that is "anti-surge" which helps cut out the wastegate flutter. I don't know if it will work on the 5th Gen or even help the over boosting issue and for $229 it's quite an expensive chance to take. But if it did work it could be a step twards resolving the issue without having the DP reworked, although it is probably way cheaper to have the DW tube changed to the "prototype" setup as opposed to trying the "ASBCS" from Company 23. But for anyone interested in checking it out.

http://www.company23.com/subaruparts/522-525

I do hope to see this problem resolved soon and some bitchen power gains to give me hope of someday going stage 2 myself. Of course I can legally run catless in my state, I would prefer to go with a full Nameless TBE if I were to ever go stage 2.

I don't think flutter is even an issue, since overboost was occuring even with just spring pressure on the wastegate. It is definitely a pressure/flow issue with the design.