LegacyGT.com

Official LegacyGT 2016 Calendar Photo Thread (blessed by Doc)

ChrisCrash

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really need to step up my photography game, and get to work on cleaning up the GT. There are some amazing shots in this thread and I wish we could put them all in a calendar.

Thanks to everyone for submitting and voting! There are plenty of awesome pics to give me inspiration for next years calendar.

I'm not the least bit surprised that MAGNUS has 3 of the top 20... that car is so damn good looking

Thanks! There's still so much that I want to do with it though. It's a never ending cycle!

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Thanks to ChrisCrash (and Doc) for running this year's calendar. As Chris has mentioned, this will close today. Time will be 8:00 PM EST, 5:00 PM PST.

After that time, even with the thread closed, you can still make your "thank you" votes which Chris can use to develop the final calendar photo cuts. Any photos submitted after that time will be not be considered.

Just another reminder, if there is a watermark or copyright on any photo it cannot be used. Pictures with watermarks and copyrights will not be part of the final count.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I think as long as you have permission from the photographer to use their photo removing the water mark removes their credit. Why is it a requirement for photos to not have a watermark?

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Because we don't have an agreement with the "owners" of those photos to include them in a site-generated calendar. This has been the case since the beginning of our annual calendar process. This was also mentioned in the first post.

In keeping with our site's charter, LegacyGT.com calendars are supposed to be enthusiast-provided/taken pictures of their Subarus - it's how we roll. :)

Enabling "professional" pictures to be added diminishes the "here's my own" element of what we do here; it can be pretty obvious when you look at a professional picture versus an amateur version - so it keeps the playing field level.

Copyrighted/watermarked photos are the intellectual property of the photographers who take the photos. Priting these without the owner's permission constitutes infringement and exposes all involved to any potential legal ramifications.

Allowing copyrighted photos adds complexity because, in order to print these, we have to have the written permission of each and every photographer who owns that photograph and then each of those permissions have to be added to the calendar, i.e., March 2016 permission of ABC Photography, all rights reserved, June 2016 permission of DEF Photography, all rights reserved, etc., etc., etc..

Hope that clears it up.

Make sure any permissions provided by the photo owners are provided to ChrisCrash in writing from the owner of the photos, so he can make sure these are printed on the calendar.

• 2 weeks later...

Opened for ChrisCrash to post the results. Additional photos cannot be accepted, so please don't post any. Any other comments or input, please take it to PM.

Once again, thanks to CC and DH for getting this put together and Happy New Year (and calendar) to everyone.

Archived