LegacyGT.com

Official LegacyGT 2016 Calendar Photo Thread (blessed by Doc)

ChrisCrash

Whats up everyone,

So I figured I'd toss the idea out to see if anyones interested in having a LegacyGT only calendar? I find there are plenty of owners here who would rather see an LGT in a Subaru calendar for more than one month out of the year.

We could use this thread for submissions and take the 12 photos with the most "Thanks" on them.

I'd be willing to do any of the photo manipulations/corrections for the calendar if necessary. There are sites that are pretty cheap nowadays to create calendars so I'm thinking I can get it to be around 10 bucks a calendar. Beauty is that theres nothing to pay if it no one wants it.

If you're interested, submit a photo, but please try to follow the guidelines set forth by LatentWagen and DocHolladay23:

1. Post only one picture at a time; you may post more than once
  2. Vote for your favorite picture(s) by Thanking the individual post
  3. Pics with the most Thanks will be chosen for this year's Calendar
  4. Requests for a specific month: priority to the post with more Thanks
  5. Voting concludes December 15th, 2015

Additional criteria provided by Admin:

It's important that photos not display the license plate, but that's each member's call.

However, the typical picture "stipulations" apply. That is, each photo has to be your own photo, that it's not copyrighted by any photographer or archiving site, and if there are other vehicles in the photo, the other owners have to provide permission to use it. Photos which violate these criteria, cannot be added to the mix.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's typically one put together in General Chat every year. Although historically, it gets thrown together pretty late and often isn't available until the new year has already started.

Docholiday has been the one driving the calendar the past two years. Typically, people post photos (one photo per post) and the top 12 thanked photos make it into the calendar.

If you are going to take charge of it it's probably best to do it similar to how docholiday did it last year. Here's last years thread (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231821)with the rules and dates in the first post. If we did something similar with people voting I think that's the best rather then just picking the first 15 photos that come up. I definitely don't want a 5th gen on the cover lol :hide:

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Which is hilarious. You look at the cover for, at most, 5 minutes before you hang it up on your wall. But you're fine with staring at a 5th gen for a solid month.

I just like the voting aspect of it. I'm fine with looking at S2's 5th gen as it was voted for by the community rather then arbitrarily set by someone as in the calendar for sure.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I just like the voting aspect of it. I'm fine with looking at S2's 5th gen as it was voted for by the community rather then arbitrarily set by someone as in the calendar for sure.

I'd just be happy with not seeing Imprezas and WRX's all over a calendar for once.

I got in touch with Doc and he is aware I started a thread and was planning on putting something together by tomorrow. Whether or not he'll use this one as the main one is unknown but I'll have this linked to his or maybe the moderators can move/combine them.

Archived