LegacyGT.com

KILLER deal on Lower control arms

Here I was thinking my car was rusty, never mind.... Merc6 you take that prize.

Yeah wish I stayed in NoVa!

Merc6, do you go through a lot of nuts/bolts when changing parts? I can't see how those nuts will come free without breaking the bolt.

Pretty much, everything is a 1 time use bolt. This is also from a car that hasn't been on the road for quite a bit.

Anyone know what kind of bushings are on these?

Would it be worth swapping them out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are the same brand as the LCA from what I been reading. I guess time will tell if they last as long as the oem ones. Mine won't be on before the engine falls back in so I can swap them out when the time comes.

Edited by Merc6
incomplete thoughts...

Wouldn't frequent car washes help with the rust?

ohio and other rust belt states suffer from salt on the roads. You'd have to clean the underside everytime you drove to keep ahead of the salt damage. Of course that many washes does its own damage.

I used to use a grinder & can of primer to keep my high school car in good shape. Every couple of years I'd cut off the worst of the body panel rust.

Wouldn't frequent car washes help with the rust?

The job I got just before the leggy broke has a heated garage. I kept a 98 Buick rust free just about with just spraying down the salt. 8 hour shifts so it dried out well.

I'm trying to remember how salt was in DMV as it snows and NJ was also horrible on my legacy at times. Last few years here we didn't really have to worry about salt as they never plowed the roads half the time.

NJ

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/Picture%20179_zps0uqat2qs.jpg~original

OH

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/27c7d416.jpg~original

How the car has been for the past few winters.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/283a99e2.jpg~original

Anyone know what kind of bushings are on these?

Would it be worth swapping them out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the quick overview that I did of mine, they look firmer then oem bushings. Also the rearward bushing is one piece, I doubt it will fail as quickly as oem ones do. If I install my arms, I doubt I will use them though since I have whiteline caster bushings.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 1 month later...
How do they feel to those that got around to installing them "as is" or close to it? Trying to gauge if I want to start swapping bushings in them before spring when they go on.

My old lca's were original, and bushings were torn in half, so I noticed a HUGE improvement. Since I paid less for both LCA's than I would for one bushing it was worth it.

wesleyCrowbar ... lemme contemplate it.. not sure Im gonna sell just thinking about getting something newer, with a warranty, that I don't have to wrench on. So far my factory LCAs are holding up bought these for when they inevitably fail. Gimme a week and if I sell the LGT (and these don't go with it) I will give you a heads up.

Thinking of selling the car with extras and if I don't get what I want sell the car without the extras. OEM Catless Up, Cobb AP-V3-SUB-02, Factory Wheels, Alumimum LCAs, All exhaust gaskets and extra Banjo Bolts/Filters n Crush Washers.

• 1 month later...
Any tips for getting the ball joint back in the hub with these lca's? I've got my konis and springs on and everything is attached except the LCAs. I've taken them off and I'm gonna give it another go tomorrow. I want to avoid taking apart the bolts attaching the hub to the strut if possible, but I'll do it if I have to. Edited by wesleyCrowbar

I just had my car inspected today and the guy told me the bushings were starting to go, so I saw this thread looking for a how to do but got some great pricing information.

Jess.com has them for $95 each with free shipping:

Shopping Cart

Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly

2005-2009 Subaru Legacy

2005-2009 Subaru Outback

Part Number # 662-CMS80182

This item is expected to ship 01/12/16.

$95.99

Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly

2005-2009 Subaru Legacy

2005-2009 Subaru Outback

Part Number # 662-CMS80181

This item is expected to ship 01/12/16.

$95.99

I'll scour the 4th Gen area and find the how to.