LegacyGT.com

KILLER deal on Lower control arms

Picking these aluminum LCAs up in comparison to 10lb and 5lb weights, I'd say they're ~6lbs, give or take (with bushes and ball joint). Very scientific, I know... need a parts scale.

Do you have a bathroom / human scale? Weigh yourself holding the control arm, then weigh yourself without it. Subtract the two numbers and voila. I do that to calculate shipping all the time. Human scales are accurate within a lb or two.

Do you have a bathroom / human scale? Weigh yourself holding the control arm, then weigh yourself without it. Subtract the two numbers and voila. I do that to calculate shipping all the time. Human scales are accurate within a lb or two.

or when its something heavy enough you can just use the scale on its own. Thats how I measured shipping my old suspension when I sold it.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Nope, we've got nothing other than a small food scale. I can tell how much I weigh by what jeans I fit in :lol:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

SO according ti pictures posted these LCAs come with new bushings and ball joint? What kind of bushings are those? They don't look like OEM, no open cut sections in them as on stock ones?

Just thinking that if bushings and ball joints are decent then these may be worth it even at regular price.

Edited by SubOperator

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

SO according ti pictures posted these LCAs come with new bushings and ball joint? What kind of bushings are those? They don't look like OEM, no open cut sections in them as on stock ones?

Just thinking that if bushings and ball joints are decent then these may be worth it even at regular price.

Correct that is why this was such a great deal, mine should be here today. I saw the tearing of mine when I did my brakes which is why I bought a set. Will post pics when I can take some.

I am bummed they were able to catch the error and only a few people were able to take advantage.

Edited by 5thElement
edit

Dang, sorry I missed this one.

In case anyone was wondering, they are $203.85 + shipping for the pair on Rockauto with discount code.

What's the code? I think I still want them even after not getting them for super cheap.

I'd open a case with eBay and show them that the part number is indeed still in production. That's the language they used.

A million eBay users have made fat-finger pricing errors sold at lower than intended prices. Zero recourse. It's the same for any vendor, as you entered into a contract when you closed the deal on eBay... and it's 100% clear that they're lying rather than owning up to their mistake. Huge BS flag.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG