LegacyGT.com

KILLER deal on Lower control arms

Yep they are garbage. One of my ball joints went bad about 300 miles in, the other is starting to make noise. Traildogck mentioned in another thread someone local to him had one fail catastrophically while driving. So i'm terrified that's going to happen any time I drive my car (roughly 10 miles once or twice a week).

Going to have them and the arms replaced next month as part of a total suspension overhaul. Going back to my SpecB arms with whiteline bushings and roll center kit.

• 4 years later...

What is the general consensus on the Mevotech version of these LCAs?

I have read through this entire thread and it seems people are only having issues with the Ultra-Powers.

My bushings and ball joints are in need of a change on my 08 SpecB. If the there is a quality bolt on option, I’ll take that over pressing bushings out. 

+1 for the mevotechs.

I get the feeling they changed something/improved the ball joints from what they were originally using. Seems like the complaints I was seeing before about premature failures kinda dropped off over time.

Now, I've 'improved' all the suspension in my GT, and just refreshed my OB, but the mevotechs are quieter and have better ride compliance than the control arms in the OB, which are OE style ball joint/front bush and an energy suspension push in rear bush.

Next time, I'll either go back to OE style rear bushes, or just pony up for a set of mevotechs for the daily. Not worth the time and effort to go poly, in my opinions and really noisy as a result a well.

• Like 1

Funny this came back up. Haven't circled back if I gave any input. After several thousand miles on the movtechs I'm going back to stock with STI and LGT bushings. My issue has been the bushings groan after the chassis heat soaks.

Casting is probably fine but the bushings are short lived.

I used OEM ball joint and could probably reuse them on the old arms but I'll buy a new set just to call it done for a few thousand more miles.

• Like 1