LegacyGT.com

rebourne's '06 OBXT build thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, something like that. To get a little more wheel stance (I hate "poke", but it's basically what I am talking about) but keep the tire within what I know works with my roll.

Like a 17x9 with a 235:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=246005&stc=1&d=1488923824

Still playing with numbers and looking at what has/is working for other people.

I'll probably need to trim/roll a little bit more of my rear, because at full squat, It just barely misses rubbing. You can see where the trim/roll doesn't go deep enough. This is with the 5mm spacer on the 18x8 et40s, with 225/45/18s, and I have it jacked up on the other side to push this side down.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=246006&stc=1&d=1488924004

18x8et40vs17x9et40.jpg.48634d4ae9669f666287587e93188a5d.jpg

18x8et40_225_45_18_tuck.thumb.jpg.654e9f7db9b37cb0c59d6f8ed0427ed9.jpg

Are you sure a 17x9 Tim is going to fit? I thought people ran into issues with the lower spring perches up front rubbing with rims that wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

I'll have to get under it and measure my current clearance. As you can see from the will it fit image +40s would be 12mm closer.

There's a few guys running 9.5s that I used to estimate inner clearance. But I can't find the posts I've read where someone had a clearance issue and needed to add a 5mm spacer. That would be most helpful.

Famaya is running a 18x9.5 +40, but with KW2 Coilovers. I do not know if those provide more clearance.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5557958&postcount=3487

famaya26

"I'm running 255/35 with 18x9.5 +40 KW2 Coilovers, Whiteline Rear Control arms, fender rolled. ""

That would be 17mm closer to strut vs LGT stock, and 19mm closer vs my current 18x8+40

Data points:

Miata Bear

I have Rota SVN 18x8.5 +48 offset with 245/40/18 Michelin Pilots on a 2005 Outback.

I lowered my car with Legacy GT struts/springs and Koni inserts on all fours. However, I have 1/2" saggy butt spacers in the rear. I haven't experienced rubbing yet, but I am hitting my rear bumpstops. For sure, my 245 tires clear the struts/spring perch. I can fit my pinky finger in between...or barely.. lets just say half my pinky thickness.

whitetiger

you can do it, but you will need the perfect wheel. a 245/35/18 on a 18x8 wheel with a +51 offset will fit with very little roll.

And this:

famaya26

Enkei Tenjin 17x9 +45

Lowered on Koni / Htechs

Need to roll the rear fenders.

That happens to be my exact shocks/struts and springs.

I was planning on posting some of the nice power gains we are getting with the E85 tune. But I've seen cyl 3 misfire pop up twice in the last 20 miles...

Hoping I can WFH tomorrow and swap coil packs around, to see if the misfire follows. I'm assuming these coil packs have all of the 138k miles on them. Would be nice if it's just something that worked it's way loose.

My car is going crazy!

I swapped #1 and #3 coils. Double checked the tightness of the #3 spark plug too, and it was fine. Did not reset the ECU after that, since I had already done that the night before.

Did some errands and while pulling out of a parking space I got a P0171 System too Lean (Extreme Fuel Trims).

I reset the ecu again, and not long later, I got a P1153 Front O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Perf (High).

Time for a new front O2? And if so, are the Denso Sensors good?

Denso 234-9120 Oxygen Sensor

And can either of these codes be related to the P0303 cyl #3 misfire?

My car is going crazy!

I swapped #1 and #3 coils. Double checked the tightness of the #3 spark plug too, and it was fine. Did not reset the ECU after that, since I had already done that the night before.

Did some errands and while pulling out of a parking space I got a P0171 System too Lean (Extreme Fuel Trims).

I reset the ecu again, and not long later, I got a P1153 Front O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Perf (High).

Time for a new front O2? And if so, are the Denso Sensors good?

Denso 234-9120 Oxygen Sensor

And can either of these codes be related to the P0303 cyl #3 misfire?

I've had that sensor sitting around since September waiting for me to install it and I just haven't gotten around to it. It claims to be an OEM replacement and when I did the rear with a Bosch a few years ago it didn't like it till I swapped back to a Denso.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I've had that sensor sitting around since September waiting for me to install it and I just haven't gotten around to it. It claims to be an OEM replacement and when I did the rear with a Bosch a few years ago it didn't like it till I swapped back to a Denso.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Replaced my crazy O2 with a new Denso, delivered overnight via Amazon Prime.

33405504921_d95c17d045_b.jpg

Perfect fit, and an easy swap with the ELH, Primitive skid plate and no undercover. I didn't even need to jack the car up.

O2 sensor torque 30 NM or 22 ft-lbs

Looks good so far. Back to the etune process tomorrow.

Yay, clutch slip!

33435289082_2a5e082c58_b.jpg

Clutch slips a bit when I WOT it in 3rd or 4th when the boost hits. Grabs fine after that and no clutch smell, so I think (meaning HOPE) that it's just power and if I am a good boy, I can get some more miles out of it. Not in the mood to replace it right now.

And in other news, I have seen the Cyl 3 mis fire two more times, both at idle speeds. So it's not the coil packs. I clear it and it doesn't come back for a day or so. I'm going to try swapping injectors #1 and #3 and see if it follows.

Otherwise the car feels like a beast. It gets up on the turbo so hard it's crazy.

:iam:

ie: whatever it came with. I doubt it's OE, but it might be OEM considering the extensive dealer servicing on it's CarFax.

Oh and the E85 is fun fun fun. In my normal week i can get Saturday to Saturday, where the fill up station isn't too far out of our Saturday routine. And I have two 5 gallon cans of it in the garage for when I need a mid week bump if I've done anything outside the normal grind. So it's livable.

Edited by rebourne

Oh snap, I didn't update my Virtual Dyno settings with the difference in tire diameter for the E85 run. It uses my old tire diameter by default. So the delta from my 91 tune to current E85 tune is even bigger! Take it with a grain of salt, but the delta does look a lot more like what I feel.

32774011314_e1436d3711_b.jpg

Red run was on 25.94" tires and blue is on 26.74". That's just going off of the numbers printed on the sidewall, not actual measurements, so again, grain of salt.

The E85 peak torque at the same point in the graph that peak torque is reached on the 91 graphs = 388 ft-lbs.

yeilding:

341hp 388ft-lbs @ 23psi on E85

vs

276hp 327ft-lbs @ 20psi on 91 ACN

+65hp and +62 ft-lbs

Edited by rebourne

Very nice power!! That torque mountain...

What are your plans for the clutch? You can make your current one last if you stay out of the go-pedal, but what fun is that? :)

That torque mountain is the clutch slipping. It's a lie (just like the cake)

My plan is to see how Rhitter likes the Exedy. go easy on it, and maybe even ask for a less midrange boost map after we finish dialing it in. I'll probably have to roll on the power more carefully for the next revisions.

:cool:

Edited by rebourne

I am just getting the OEM replacement and hoping it can handle my VF-52. If It can't, I will seriously start saving for a 6mt swap (I might do that anyway though)....

Right now I am displeased with FedEx. I guess delivering a clutch is too difficult.

http://i.imgur.com/H8w9rez.png

Edited by Rhitter

That torque mountain is the clutch slipping. It's a lie (just like the cake)

My plan is to see how Rhitter likes the Exedy. go easy on it, and maybe even ask for a less midrange boost map after we finish dialing it in. I'll probably have to roll on the power more carefully for the next revisions.

:cool:

Your clutch is only slipping at what would be peak torque. I'm talking about all the rest of it! ;)

Exedy is good and dependable stuff, as long as you stay somewhat mild.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG