LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Short Shift Adapter

I'd rather be rip shifting my new short shift than touring Florida in a rental car.

Hitting up Key West for a few days with my girl.

Wait. Wut???? did I read this right???? You would rather play with your stick than have playtime in Key West with a girl????? :spin::spin::spin::lol::lol:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck on the FSB. Thats a heavy engine to hold up for a 130 pounder. ;)

It took me 6 hours last night :(. Finished around 2am. I used a jack and wood boards.Now I need to order new endlinks. One of them stripped, so I have to use an old one from a 4th gen. The install is much easier if you pull the exhaust but the bolts so so rusted on mine Id have to cut it, so I just lift the engine much higher than it wouldve needed. With the 26mm its was just enough. Key points, unhook both tie rods, slide bar from driver side while turning it around with its curves and it'll magicly fit between the engine and frame.

On other note. This sts is the bees knees !!

130!?!

You need to eat something, once in a while, you know.

I eat a lot actually !

One of my co-workers doesn't weigh much more than that and he eats whatever he wants, doesn't work out...he's an asshole. LOL

Oh and my adapter just showed up. :D

Must be my twin.

I'd rather be rip shifting my new short shift than touring Florida in a rental car.

Hitting up Key West for a few days with my girl.

I'll be in the keys on a guys trip next week -11-13 !

^^ You are one of the first, if not the first, to do the 26mm FSB in your garage successfully. Can you please start a thread and explain exactly what you did to get the 26mm FSB installed, including everything you had to unbolt and how far the engine needed to go up. I need to install mine and any help would be great.

Thanks, and good work!!!!

Just installed this morning before work. Coupled with the shift stop, bushing, factory STS, and the Boomba shift stick, this is fantastic! If I had to pick just one of the shifter upgrade goodies, this would definitely be it.

Man that Boomba stick with this adapter has got to be ridiculous! Try to get some pictures or a little video if you can showing the throw length.

Finally got the adapter installed. I've despised ex girlfriends less than I have that damned roll pin Lol. The shifting is GREAT. No more worries about punching the hazard lights button anymore. Despite the troubles I had with this, it's still a very worthwhile mod

Got it installed at lunch, the new punches made all the difference. Love the difference it made, shifting feels so much better! The throw is quite a bit shorter than I was expecting. So worth it, thanks PERRIN!

Archived