LegacyGT.com

Boxkita's random thoughts while wagon collects dust in the garage

What color to paint head & valve covers?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What color to paint head & valve covers?

• Both cherry blossom (Subaru Pink)
    • Both hello kitty pink
    • Heads no paint, covers cherry blossom
    • Heads no paint, covers hello kitty pink
    • Both no paint
    • Profanity - why would do that?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was doing so well getting the motor in the car. Then plans changed. Now I have 2 non-running wagons in the garage. I've given up on my current house and am buying something smaller with a huge garage. So some time in December, I'll be working on the wagon again.

1,200 sq ft house.

10,000 sq ft shop/garage.

500 sq ft dog house w/bathroom for Boxkita to share with John.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

• 2 months later...
See I told you so, it is going to take another 5 years. :p:lol:

Hate you.

May be in another 5 years these cars will be come collectables....;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

in 2 years, they will be eligible for lucky dog racing. In 13 more years, they will be "classic", at least in WA.

Garage is mostly done. Cleaning up construction debris. AAA will be transport both cars for $100 (4 services per year for $99), saving hassle of trying to winch cars up the driveway. Trying to get done before renters move in next week.

I never realized those reality shows about first time flippers weren't total BS. Its been years since i did any remodeling work. Sitting at a desk pushing a mouse doesn't qualify you for manual labor.

Still looking for another set of heads and top of engine parts collection for racecar motors. Still have to find all the missing parts for the street car (which is why it didn't get running in October's get-r-done weekend).

Where are you guys having your motor rebuilt that takes 3 months?? I had my SB shipped down to L.A. and returned in 7 days. :spin:

seattle area not so good with machine shops that work on subie heads. the few shops that work on motors do average service, unless you are more than fb friends with owners. At least my experience has been that.

The temptation to package up a pallet and send to a vendor to make better varies day-to-day. It's the tuning part that's spendy for me.

Archived