LegacyGT.com

Boxkita's random thoughts while wagon collects dust in the garage

What color to paint head & valve covers?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What color to paint head & valve covers?

• Both cherry blossom (Subaru Pink)
    • Both hello kitty pink
    • Heads no paint, covers cherry blossom
    • Heads no paint, covers hello kitty pink
    • Both no paint
    • Profanity - why would do that?

Honking at someone doesn't really have an impact on their behavior. Heads down on cellphone with music on, you'll never hear it.

A light flash otoh gets your attention like brake lights.

Here in CA it's a form of communication on the road.

1 short honk = your next, go

2 short honks = wake up and go

1 long honk = you focked up, pay attention

2 long honks = a train is coming

My wife's balls are delicious.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm closing this thread. It's been a long journey and I've learned a lot. I appreciate the help I've received, good, bad, in-person, on-the-net, and the trolls.

Conclusion:

I sold the sonic a couple of weeks before the wagon was actually running.

The new heads, v25b, with Ferraro valves and double springs and titanium retainers are super smooth.

The couple of Autobahn runs I did Saturday night felt really good. Car pulled really well.

Sunday afternoon it started puffing a bit of white vapor.

Sunday afternoon, I was heading out to put on a few miles in preparation for the emissions test on Monday, and it started puffing white vapor under load.

It's parked in the garage awaiting testing to find out what happened. I've a few guesses, all of which are expensive and frustrating.

What's next?

I'll be parting out the cars in the shop to make room for the racewagon. I have 4 motors worth of learning and need space to work on them. Whether I can do any better than what happened this time remains to be seen. However, I'll never know unless I try.

/Boxkita

I'm closing this thread. It's been a long journey and I've learned a lot. I appreciate the help I've received, good, bad, in-person, on-the-net, and the trolls.

Conclusion:

I sold the sonic a couple of weeks before the wagon was actually running.

The new heads, v25b, with Ferraro valves and double springs and titanium retainers are super smooth.

The couple of Autobahn runs I did Saturday night felt really good. Car pulled really well.

Sunday afternoon it started puffing a bit of white vapor.

Sunday afternoon, I was heading out to put on a few miles in preparation for the emissions test on Monday, and it started puffing white vapor under load.

It's parked in the garage awaiting testing to find out what happened. I've a few guesses, all of which are expensive and frustrating.

What's next?

I'll be parting out the cars in the shop to make room for the racewagon. I have 4 motors worth of learning and need space to work on them. Whether I can do any better than what happened this time remains to be seen. However, I'll never know unless I try.

/Boxkita

Well that bites.

If you don't have a UView 560000 get one and test your engine. I have one and it has saved me from an expensive and hopefully unnecessary repair. See the Blue Sake Bomber thread.

https://www.amazon.com/UVIEW-560000-Combustion-Leak-Tester/dp/B000NPDL76/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1530599009&sr=1-1&keywords=UVIEW+560000

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Archived