LegacyGT.com

Boxkita's random thoughts while wagon collects dust in the garage

What color to paint head & valve covers?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What color to paint head & valve covers?

• Both cherry blossom (Subaru Pink)
    • Both hello kitty pink
    • Heads no paint, covers cherry blossom
    • Heads no paint, covers hello kitty pink
    • Both no paint
    • Profanity - why would do that?

I figured since you guys live up there and there are a lot more Subaru's there, you guys would have plenty of shops to work with. Being here in the Central Valley, CA, there's not a big demand for Subaru's. There's a few shops that do work on them, but I didn't feel comfortable having them do the work. That's why I shipped mine down to L.A. to a reputable builder, even though I had to pay the extra price of shipping. So far my motor is still running good after 4 years.
My wife's balls are delicious.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're interested in DIY tuning with open source, we should talk. It's kind of time-consuming but it's not hard if you're comfortable with Excel.

The hard part is finding a place to do 2000-to-revlimit pulls safely. I didn't know how good I had it with my old spot until the roads got rearranged.

Edit: Deja vu? Have I said this before? :lol:

C&D in Kirkland doing your heads? Trying to find a shop worth the money for head work on Subies.

this is the only shop I could find to do the heads. As Gex said, they do the motors for dirtfish. And many race car teams in the area. Not cheap, either. They don't advertise, strictly referral. Have more business than they know what to do with.

If you're interested in DIY tuning with open source, we should talk. It's kind of time-consuming but it's not hard if you're comfortable with Excel.

The hard part is finding a place to do 2000-to-revlimit pulls safely. I didn't know how good I had it with my old spot until the roads got rearranged.

Edit: Deja vu? Have I said this before? :lol:

Yes, you did. Yes, I'm still interested. Yes, I actually thought I'd be calling you already about this. Getting garage ready has taken so much longer than expected.

Bringing in the first car in next week. Then start moving parts over. have 4 racks for parts storage, so hopefully can find everything this time.

Are you going to get the Silver Eagle running for the 2017 race season or is it a contractual obligation with the boss to get the street wagon running first?

And your new Sparco seat keeps inching closer to the STI, it wants to race! You better pick it up soon or it will be doing Test & Tunes.

And anyone looking for a New Sparco seat I can get them for a good price.....PM me.

BTW, at Thunderhill did ya'll do any brake pad changes?

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Street car is first. Currently targeting the conf or irdc opener for first race. i let my license lapse so need to get that sorted too.

Been waiting on weather to get the seat and wl kit. Ill ping you offline.

Thill was one set of brakes. They never worried about them.

• 3 weeks later...
Heading out to look at a 05 wagon with 08 sti powertrain & suspension swap. I so don't need another car, but this one's supposed to have the full suspension swap I've wanted to do for awhile.

Already stripped or will it be an abundance of parts to sell for years on end once you got what you wanted?

Please just be going to look at it and not considering buying it. That thing looks like an electrical nightmare. His ABS lights being on could be for more than he thinks and is just trying to pawn it off to the next guy since he's tired of dealing with it.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Please just be going to look at it and not considering buying it. That thing looks like an electrical nightmare. His ABS lights being on could be for more than he thinks and is just trying to pawn it off to the next guy since he's tired of dealing with it.

He doesn't want to sell it to me. So I'm going for the inspection more than anything. However, it is running :spin:

Its running and driveable, unlike any other subie I have.

If you're desperate for a running Subie I have a very nice Spec B I'll part with, just for you. It comes with a newly rebuilt engine and turbo, nicely broken in and tuned!

And NO, I won't trade it for a race wagon...Well I would if I had your cavernous garage, but I don't.

He doesn't want to sell it to me. So I'm going for the inspection more than anything. However, it is running :spin:

If you can, take plenty of photos and post them up here! I've been curious about a swap like that too.

If you can, take plenty of photos and post them up here! I've been curious about a swap like that too.

I drove it wanted it left it there. No pics. Tbe conversion is easy and he's got a sorted solution that's better. Ping him for more information.

I wanted tbe 08 sti drivetrain. Still want.

In other news, probably should be on racecar thread but anyway. Stopped by the world headquarters of Colonel Red Racing to pickup my new sparco seat.

Then because I'm nearby stopped at the original brewpub for Deschutes brewery. 3 years of abyss and all the aged variety. Probably a good thing the sonic is filled with racecar parts, otherwise I'd spend the garage and race budget on abyss. I'm not an alcoholic but this might be a sign.

Sounds like you need to build your machine shop down here in Bend!

Archived