LegacyGT.com

3D Printing Development Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you like it. I am working on a rattle stopper that includes an integrated printed tension bar to adjust for dash expansion due to thermal load.

The v1 drs is 5$ shipped btw

How much will the 2nd version cost? and when will they be available? I may just pick up one of the v1's.

How do I buy the dash rattle stopper? and any pictures of it installed?

How much will the 2nd version cost? and when will they be available? I may just pick up one of the v1's.

The price will be $5 shipped. I'm hoping to have the v2 done this week sometime. Installed correctly you can't see it but I'll take a photo

My DRS is installed in the corner, the black dash and the black on the windshield hides it real well. I can't express how much I love my rattleless car. My daughter even found my rear rattle that was driving me crazy too, it was the hanging center seat belt (wagon) latches, they need to be tucked into the cubby. :lol:

DSCN1553.thumb.jpg.99c40c6d5c04883638963e0041ff346c.jpg

Ok, The V2 DRS is a go. I'm sure it will continue to be upgraded but for now both the V1 and V2 are available. The V1 is a one piece unit and the V2 will be a set of 3 that are all different sizes so you can place them as necessary.

links to order

DRS V1

DRS V2

untitled1.png.05dfd846fb087ec17e75ae92fd0f2142.png

1566263127_DRSV2.png.cd8c9aa535e89e9a0da81305a92e2cba.png

Edited by discojon

I get a rattle in the front drivers side of the dash randomly. Does this press between windshield and the dash?

Yes, it just pushes the dash down to stop the rattle. I dug through a few threads where people pulled their dashes a part to deal with it. There is a plastic clip that rattles in the firewall that the dash connects too. This presses that connection down so it can't rattle as easily (at all?)

Edited by Rhitter

Yes, it just pushes the dash down to stop the rattle. I dug through a view pictures of threads where people pulled their dashes apart to deal with it. There is a plastic clip that rattles in the firewall that the dash connects too. This presses that connection down so it can't rattle as easily (at all?)

I thought so. I've pressed my fingers in there before out of frustration :lol:

Yes, it just pushes the dash down to stop the rattle. I dug through a view pictures of threads where people pulled their dashes apart to deal with it. There is a plastic clip that rattles in the firewall that the dash connects too. This presses that connection down so it can't rattle as easily (at all?)

My dash would rattle more during fall and winter, one stopper in drivers corner, dash rattle is completely gone. I think it may depend on car mileage and roads you traveled or travel to loosen the clips up, 3 V1 or 3 V2 in both corners and center should eliminate all dash rattles.

The gauge pods and Dash Rattle Stoppers are going like hotcakes! One more gauge pod is going out to cypher0117 today or tomorrow. I'd love to see photos of these installed once you get them. If there are any issues with install or fitment get with me and I'll make it right.

I still have one 2 gauge pod with the accessport post available for immediate shipping.

Could you do a stealth dual gauge pod that retains the factory cubby cover? PLX makes some very short gauges that might work in there. I'm willing to be an alpha tester. I have about 3-4 weeks until I would want to install it. Since my vehicle will be parked on a city street, I'm trying to keep her looking stock.

Could you do a stealth dual gauge pod that retains the factory cubby cover? PLX makes some very short gauges that might work in there. I'm willing to be an alpha tester. I have about 3-4 weeks until I would want to install it. Since my vehicle will be parked on a city street, I'm trying to keep her looking stock.

Sure, I could do that. I'd just need some dimensions of the gauges you'd want. Plenty of room for 2 gauges.

Can anyone confirm RAM mount fitment on the gauge pod with accessory ball?

It's a 11/16" diameter ball. If the ram mount is different, we could get you a different size ball no problem.