LegacyGT.com

3D Printing Development Thread

Third brake as in third brake light? May be a bit tricky, id need a bit of information on dimensions and profiles and stuff, as I don't have a sedan any more. Also I'd need info on how your printer interprets files.

Therein lies the problem, I dont have a sedan either. I'm currently upgrading to a new printer so I'll have more info when it arrives.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Could you do a new cabin fuse door that has a change pocket on the back? This is a jdm option, plan was to order on but after looking at it I realized it would fit because the shape was reversed.

I'll do the switch spot first, after that a pocket should be easy.

New printer arrived damaged. Going to attempt a patch job, so I can make the part that broke....

I have to give it to FlashForge.. Motor mount arrived broken, spare was in the box. Mr. Tang (not kidding) provided excellant customer support. Currently printing a much beefier motor mount, have a few other upgrades to print tomorrow and I should be back in business.

So far I am much more pleased with flashforge over makerbot.

I have to give it to FlashForge.. Motor mount arrived broken, spare was in the box. Mr. Tang (not kidding) provided excellant customer support. Currently printing a much beefier motor mount, have a few other upgrades to print tomorrow and I should be back in business.

I guess that's the cool part - as long as it's mostly working, you should be able to print replacement parts for a bunch of things quite easily..

Buy "cheap" printer, print a bunch of upgrades ==> better printer.. :lol:

Did you return the Makerbot and pick up a Flashforge?

Yeah. The makerbot completely stopped extruding, plus both buttons on the control panel had collapsed. The ffcpro has all the upgrades folks have been doing to the creator baked in already. There is even a spare fan slot with the MOSFET in place for an active cooling fan. The first print that came off this was better than the best print I ever got with the makerbot.