LegacyGT.com

3D Printing Development Thread

This community BADLY needs a 4th gen third brake light delete! Should be SUPER easy to design one.

Take some measurements and photos and get them to me. From the rear parcel shelf photos I can see online, It should be easy to make. PM me if you want to help

Edited by discojon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subbed because this is awesome.

its pretty strong people are printing ammunition clips for guns using PLA

Plus that reminds me can you um,... print some magazines for me?

I can provide samples for modeling.:)

Edited by Squad51

I don't have SI drive on my 06. If you could provide some measurements and a sketch if what you want, I'm sure we can make it happen.

Ok. If it is something that you would be willing to work on, I'll see if I can find an assembly for mock-up.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Is it a no go on the bracket for getting rid of the dashboard rattling.. mines getting worse and i'm sure you'd get a lot of interest here, as a lot have mentioned disassembling the whole console just to get rid of it.

I'm going to have to see what all is needed to fix the dash rattle. I'll work on it. We also need a rear reflector for Kred to model for the rear vents if anyone wants to help out

Edit. The TSB is ridiculous to fix the rattle. I'm going to try a few things to fixnit a different way

Edited by discojon

I'm going to have to see what all is needed to fix the dash rattle. I'll work on it. We also need a rear reflector for Kred to model for the rear vents if anyone wants to help out

Edit. The TSB is ridiculous to fix the rattle. I'm going to try a few things to fixnit a different way

Sounds good, thanks again. I'll be one of the first in line to purchase one once its available.

Subbed because this is awesome.

Plus that reminds me can you um,... print some magazines for me?

I can provide samples for modeling.:)

So does this mean no? I thought for sure there would be someone besides me interested in that...

:(:(

To be illegal and a danger on the road.

That's as stupid as tinting your brake lights.

Easy there... I explained the reason I was interested, and assume that most interested might actually be using a different 3rd brake light on a wing/lip and not want the one in the window any longer. I will be unplugging mine once the new lip is installed with a different LED 3rd brake indicator, but if I could delete it all together it would be cleaner.

Easy there... I explained the reason I was interested, and assume that most interested might actually be using a different 3rd brake light on a wing/lip and not want the one in the window any longer. I will be unplugging mine once the new lip is installed with a different LED 3rd brake indicator, but if I could delete it all together it would be cleaner.

I didn't mean to come off hostile toward you, just toward the "let's hide our tail light trend". I can't stand stupidity when it endangers others on the road.

Since you're replacing one with another, you're still following the regulation.

I didn't mean to come off hostile toward you, just toward the "let's hide our tail light trend". I can't stand stupidity when it endangers others on the road.

Since you're replacing one with another, you're still following the regulation.

And don't forget -- the factory spoilers do have a third brake, but since they were a dealer-installed option (hence, why some came "wingless"), the existing third brake became redundant. I see no reason why there should be another brake light directly behind the one on the wing, factory or otherwise.

Maybe something like this?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/11/42973bbcaeb544261edf3e3aff814dfd.jpg

With an outline of this...

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/11/661a8e8d4c27b4cfffbdb0de56fb6da7.jpg

Then the badge in black or silver.

I'll work it up when I get home