Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

zin freak im a somellier you drink wine? im coming out to napa and sonoma this summer.. i grow riesling in new york....

Um, yeah you could say that. My little stash runs about 12 cases of Zin, Pinot, and Cabernet. 99% of it Sonoma County grape juice. A few imports sneak in every once and a while :lol:

Send a PM to heightsgtltd for some ideas, and check out his thread over in the NorCal section. He was just out here with his wife and had a great time (except for the sushi). Let me know when you are coming out, I can give you recommendations if you need any.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Took about 2 hours, but would be about half of that the 2nd time around. I will admit that my friend did most of the work, but it was pretty straightforward.

PM me if you want more info.

I still need to go out and try to install this again :(

Last time I tried I got to the point where I could pull the radio out but I couldn't actually get to the rear of it because of all of the wires are gathered up in the back and bound with something. I wasn't comfortable removing the whole sidepanel of the dash at the time either.

Any tips for getting around this?

if you want to continue it, PM me.
ROFL, you're joking, right? Cry about it, dude.

i installed the jazzy board yesterday, and today when i tested it out, it seems very left biased. but as i drive along, every so often, the right side "comes on" for a couple of seconds, and then goes away, and this occurs randomly. any ideas or suggestions?
rvlmtfnk, I'm no expert, so Jazzy can confirm or deny my suspicion here, but it sounds to me like the ribbon cable isn't pushed fully into the accessory board or the stereo board. Perhaps it is halfway in or loose to the point where it jiggles in and out when you are driving. It should be a firm, snug fit, pushed in as far as it can go.

It would be super annoying to have to pull the entire thing out to check this, so wait to see what Jazzy says...this is where testing before reinstalling comes in handy =P

Hey Guys - hearing all of everyone's success with Jazzy's board is really making me frustrated. I am still having interference problems since installing my Aux-In board to my XM Commander.

Would anyone in the NH/MA area be willing to help me re-install this to make sure everything was done correctly? I am realllly illiterate when it comes to audio install work, it would be a HUGE help and Id be willing to pick up some beers or whatever to compensate for your time and efforts.

Let me know if anyone is willing to help out! I live in Exeter, NH...but def. willing to travel to you...

Joe

To all,

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly. I did not find any instructions. Anyway, my 2006 LGT came with the 6CD changer and navigation unit (CQ-EF1561L). I wanted to play mp3's so I bought a model CQ-EF1460L but found that after installing it there was no communication from the nav unit. Now I realize that the radio portion was not meant to be used for the nav unit. I put the original back in to have the voice communication from the nav. Now I have the mp3 changer from the CQ-EF1460L and wondered if I could just swap changers. It looks like the same ribbon connector on both players. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any replies.....gas711

To all,

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly. I did not find any instructions. Anyway, my 2006 LGT came with the 6CD changer and navigation unit (CQ-EF1561L). I wanted to play mp3's so I bought a model CQ-EF1460L but found that after installing it there was no communication from the nav unit. Now I realize that the radio portion was not meant to be used for the nav unit. I put the original back in to have the voice communication from the nav. Now I have the mp3 changer from the CQ-EF1460L and wondered if I could just swap changers. It looks like the same ribbon connector on both players. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any replies.....gas711

Not that it has anything to do with my aux-in mod (??), but AFAIK, no one has ever tried swapping only the CD changer units between radios. I've always been curious if the 6CD changer could be swapped into the 1CD radio...
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
Cool - we finally busted through 100k views on this thread! :D
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Indeed. Thanks - I'll get your order out asap. :)

wow man - that came quick... Maybe i'll get a chance to install it this weekend. :)

(BTW - it makes me sick seeing how simple this thing is.... I paid how much for some capicitors and a handfull of resistors???!!! haha...)

on another note - has anyone come up with a good solution for using this board for multiple inputs (satellite radio and an ipod for example)... will a simple 'Y' miniplug adapter work.. (realizing that if i had the ipod on and the radio at the same time i'd hear them both)

thanks again jazzy!

on another note - has anyone come up with a good solution for using this board for multiple inputs (satellite radio and an ipod for example)... will a simple 'Y' miniplug adapter work.. (realizing that if i had the ipod on and the radio at the same time i'd hear them both)

Just a plug for Jazzy, for any skeptics.

Wiring is as follows:

from Aux Board---Mini Stereo Ext. Cable

to Mini Stereo Plug to Female RCA Jack Converter

to L/R All Male RCA Cable as short as possible

to Ground Loop Interrupt

to L/R All Male RCA Cable

to (2) All Female RCA Splitters

to(1) L/R RCA Cable to SIRIUS Tuner under passenger seat.

(1) Y Audio Cable (it begins w/ L/R RCA and ends in stereo mini for iPod)

Hope this helps anyone who needs it. Very happy with this setup.

ProTUNED by RaminiSports :icon_mrgr

As far as the kits - the iPod Pro kit comes with a GLI. I have made it optional (you can buy the iPod Install kit w/o it) but I have been told time & time again that it should be just required - ie. with an iPod install, I think you're going to want it, but it's all about sound quality - some people don't mind a little buzzing in the background...some people it drives insane.

Got my kit yesterday and I'm planning on installing it this weekend. I've never done any electrical work on my car before, but the instructions seem pretty clear.

A couple of questions though...

1) Where/how should the GLI be mounted? I know where it belongs in terms of wiring, but is there a good spot to mount the unit?

2) Do the electrical connections for the PAC cable require soldering?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.