Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

George, try also talking to another member of this forum - tehac. He's from Czech Republic and seems to have good experience with aftermarket electronics and mods for Subies (check the thread about Parrot CK3100 kit install). Your location shows that you're in Romania so you both should be having JDM cars. I looked through info exchange on forum tehac posted link to here, and they discussed Jazzy board there as well.

Another way to check is to try taking the HU on your car apart following Jazzy's installation instructions and see if boards/connectors look the same as on USDM models. I would expect them to be similar if not the same since HU in USDM Legacies come from Japan anyway.

Hope this helps.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

jazzy , Q to ya : did you test your interface on JDM models ? or how are you sure that this thing does not work for JDM ? is there any posibility to get aux in for JDM ? tks
It has been "tested". It is not plug & play compatible, but if you're crazy enough - you can mod your radio to do the same thing. Pattali - a member from France was adventurous enough to try it - but with all the modification he had to do in the end, he really didn't need my aux-in board.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26332

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I got the ipod/satullite aux kit, which has a splitter. Problem that the satellite is not sounding that loud, I have it on full sound (40)and it is barely what the ipod is at 8. What can I do to make this better?
Who needs tickets to the gun show?:eek:

The problem is that a lot of sat radios don't provide a true line level out (as well as other mp3 players) & you need a preamp like this: Boostaroo
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

i have had mines installed for a while now and when im driving the sound just randomly cuts to one side and stays there, i have pulled the stereo out and made sure it wasnt the ribbon cable and replaced the input cable as well.

any ideas on what i should try doing

i have had mines installed for a while now and when im driving the sound just randomly cuts to one side and stays there, i have pulled the stereo out and made sure it wasnt the ribbon cable and replaced the input cable as well.

any ideas on what i should try doing

Have similar thing happening to my HU - right side was cutting off when I was installing the HU back. Looks like HU harness issue. I positioned the harness such that sound is fine, and so far I haven't had any issues.

I know that is not a fix; I'll be installing BT module soon and will try to fix it then.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

When checking my order on the jazzy website, I just now noticed (now that it's shipped) that my order #978 has Vehicle: 05/06 Impreza/Forester/Baja. I don't remember selecting this. I think that must be the default for the web form. I actually have an 05 Outback. What is the difference? I read every message in this thread and never noticed any discussion of different versions of the board. Will I be able to use the one shipped on my Outback?

Thanks jazzymt for your quick response. I am really looking forward to this.

It has been literally decades since I have done my own installations, but the great instructions on your website have given me the confidence to tackle this. I even used your instructions last weekend to dig in and clean up the installation of the wired FM modulator and Sirius radio I had done for me 2 years ago.

Thanks for your attention and all the work you have done for the community. I know you can't be getting rich from this.

For those who have been looking for a way to "switch" aux-in connections between satellite radio and mp3 player, a closed-circuit jack should do the trick. This is the kind of jack you have probably seen in a boombox where plugging in the headphones cuts the speakers off.

In our case, connect the jack's closed-circuit to the satellite radio output. When nothing is plugged into the jack, the closed-circuit has the satellite radio connected. When you plug your mp3 player into the jack the circuit to the satellite radio is opened, and only the mp3 player is connected.

I plan to use this when my jazzy board arrives this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Just installed Jazzy's Aux-in, with a stereo splitter. Connected my Sirius satellite radio and ran an Au-in jack for an MP3 player under the center console, so I can use either of them. Took about 1.5 hours including installing and hardwiring the sat radio. Came out awesome :) Also, for those intending to use a splitter, make sure you get a stereo splitter and not a mono (stereo has two bands on the 3.5mm make plug, mono just one), I made that mistake and had to go back to RadioShack when I only got sound out of one side :(

I installed my jazzy board this weekend, and everything is working perfectly. I used a closed-circuit jack as I had planned so my Sirius radio is disconnected "automatically" when I plug in my mp3 player. I even added a "mount" for my mp3 player by zipping the belt clip for its holster onto the trim beside the shifter. I'll try to put up some pictures later.

All this was inspired and made possible by the great instructions on jazzy's website. I never would have even thought I could take my car apart if I hadn't found his site. Thanks!

i havent had any noise, or any static with the install...i noticed on jazzy's web page that you might want to install the ground loop thing to eliminate that noise.

i also installed a direct plug-in that fits the bottom jack of my ipod and also charges through the jack as well,(tapped in to the power power point in the console) so it plays and charges at the same time. i'm stoked

I have a question about the IPod Pro Kit. I have an IPod but see that it also has a stereo red and white input as well, is this correct? Could I connect another device up to the red and white cable for input if I wasn't using an iPod? Also I see it needs a ground and 12 volt attachment point. Where would those attachment points be. For someone who is "electrically challenged" like me this could be tough to find. I mean I have installed stereo's and speakers in a car before, just would like to know where the best attachment points are.

It has been "tested". It is not plug & play compatible, but if you're crazy enough - you can mod your radio to do the same thing. Pattali - a member from France was adventurous enough to try it - but with all the modification he had to do in the end, he really didn't need my aux-in board.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26332

me noob :D how i don't need your board ? :) so , if i wire those point indicated by pattali ?!?! what ? i can use a soldering iron , and i'm handdy with tools, never been involved into electronics :) please advise :D

Went in with the pro kit this weekend. Tuesday no am, fm and front right and left rear speaker went out when Ipod'ing. Man was I panicked. Well, I just didn't push the stereo white plug into the stereo far enough for the click. I reasembled today and it's all good. I've got to go about +5 more on the volume than I did previously with CDs for the same volume, but other than that, perfect. Thanks Jazzy.

Anyone have a good reccomendation for a mount for the ipod now? And is this thing charging when connected? (sorry if this is answered somewhere).

Thanks.

Jazzy,

Got my board last night and want to install this afternoon. In looking at the install, it all seems very simple except for the power wire coming from the ipod cable....I understand you ground the black wire, but where are people tapping into the cd player to get power for the ipod charger? (It's the red wire that comes with the pro kit)...