LegacyGT.com

Anyone Interested in An Aftermarket Exhaust

Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?

^^^ Nameless is an extremely busy shop and I will say that their response to inquiries for test fitment and designing new products is a wee bit...um...indifferent. In all seriousness, they only have about 5 guys and they are constantly cranking out product. Remember, its all hand made in the USA.

Your guys best bet is to get me or someone else with a 5th gen with Nameless pipes, to get together with one of your 6th gen peeps and do a test fit. I have this week off work if someone is around here.

I appreciate your willingness to do that; I just don't have the patience to set this up anymore since not many people are responding so just isn't worth my time to wait anymore.

If someone is interested please PM GTEASER and set something up. I doubt that it'll fit though but always worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

Edited by CT2015Legacy

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate your willingness to do that; I just don't have the patience to set this up anymore since not many people are responding so just isn't worth my time to wait anymore.

If someone is interred please PM GTEASER and set something up. I doubt that it'll fit though but always worth a try.

And that is exactly why Nameless isnt clamoring to do a test fit....not many people 'interested'. So how many could they really expect to sell after spending the time and development to make up a 6th Gen jig.

And if you are "interred" please dont try to contact me...LOL!

I will say it again.....I am quite certain the 5th Gen axleback will fit on the 6th Gen. You guys owe me if it does. ;)

And that is exactly why Nameless isnt clamoring to do a test fit....not many people 'interested'. So how many could they really expect to sell after spending the time and development to make up a 6th Gen jig.

And if you are "interred" please dont try to contact me...LOL!

I will say it again.....I am quite certain the 5th Gen axleback will fit on the 6th Gen. You guys owe me if it does. ;)

Yeah I agree with you and I'm not upset about that. I'm upset at that fact that they can't return a simple phone call in my case weeks later and others over 4 days later after telling me if I find a vehicle they will make something.

This isn't my first run in with them; one of their employees flipped out on me when they first started back on 2011 just for asking if they would be interested in sponsoring me so I'm just done contacting them. Should they come out with something then I'll purchase if I haven't purchased elsewhere.

Here are some photos of the 2.5 Exhaust for 2015 http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/e9c1bdbac38e11fb50c2a90872e70cb0.jpg

BUMP for hopefully a definitive answer on fitment...would love if a 3.6 axelback ends up fitting, as I would buy just for look, and don't want it to be loud.

On the other hand, if there was some UEL header option that became available ,then aftermarket dual exhaust would be the only choice :-)

Dont buy anything from nameless, got it

Do as you wish; if they decide to release something before someone else does is buy from them I'm just done waiting around for them and trying to find them and R&D car cause it's just a run around.

They make awesome products but are still lacking in the communication/customer service portion of their business.

I almost volunteered my 2015 3.6R up as a test mule until I saw the run around you were getting. I'm in the Portland area. Too bad they can't get their collective crap together.

Yeah it's a shame; I just wish I wasn't given false pretenses about having an exhaust developed if I found loaner cars for them. On top of that not returning phone calls is just ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok let's revive this; anyone interested in an exhaust from Borla?

I've worked with them in the past and they are a great company with very high quality products.

If the interest is their they will developed this for everyone.

Since the big names aren't doing anything, the better option would be to stick with a custom solution.

I disconnected my mufflers last month out of curiosity and it sounded pretty awesome ;p. But there's not much point to it on a family sedan.

It would be nice to buy an axle back / muffler delete, but if you're the type of person who feels the need to make your family sedan stand out, then you can go to a shop and have it custom done.

If we didn't have a limiting CVT on the 3.6R, and instead had a proper 6 speed MT or DCT, then I think it would make more sense to pressure companies to design exhausts. But we have slow CVTs which means any performance upgrades (supercharger plz) are pointless.

Didn't want to bug the parts guy to much but he printed out the 2014 and 2015 3.6 Legacy exhaust blown out exhaust diagram.

Looks like the part numbers did change but only difference on the diagram looks like the muffler directly after the cats. So hopefully that's good news.

Here are the diagrams (Top: 2015 Bottom: 2014):

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/23/8956687ab2194c94b8c8d50a506be759.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/23/0c56da0087383225fb2f182c4c3115a0.jpg

For Christ's sake, don't you guys have any of your 6th gen brethren close to me? I've already offered up SEVERAL TIMES to do a test fit for them. I have the tools, the ramps, the time, the Nameless Axlebacks on my 5th Gen.......and I WILL DO THE WORK. Somebody just needs to show up here with a 2015 3.6R and hang out for about an hour.

For Christ's sake, don't you guys have any of your 6th gen brethren close to me? I've already offered up SEVERAL TIMES to do a test fit for them. I have the tools, the ramps, the time, the Nameless Axlebacks on my 5th Gen.......and I WILL DO THE WORK. Somebody just needs to show up here with a 2015 3.6R and hang out for about an hour.

havent seen too many californians posting here

Yeah haven't seen to many either; times like this I really wish I lived in CA.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested in a cosmetic-only upgrade on my 2.5i limited. I would like to just put an exhaust tip where the cut-out is. That's the only complaint or criticism I've heard from others about my Legacy. :)

I'm all for customizing your vehicle to your liking but that won't look right at all; you need at least a muffler their. Unfortunately I don't think any company is going to make what your looking for.

if you were to put the 3.6 exhaust on you would need hangers welded in, new heat shield, new plastic panel under car by exhaust, etc, there are a lot of different items on the car underneath that would be needed to complete the project. not worth it.

Rather than finding reasons and ways to do it, you 6th Genners are real sticks in the mud and spend more time giving reasons why its hard and not worth it. :rolleyes:

Could always just get some pen, paper and tape, then draw an exhaust over the plugged hole on the bumper. Problem solved.

Profit? :confused:

Profit. :dm:

Vroom vroom!

Rather than finding reasons and ways to do it, you 6th Genners are real sticks in the mud and spend more time giving reasons why its hard and not worth it. :rolleyes:

It would take all of 10 minutes to swap them out and check fitment. Unfortunately I'm several states away ;p

Hey guys this is an email I got from nameless today:

We have some good news. We did some research and found that the factory part numbers for the 2010 Legacy 3.6R exhaust match the part numbers for the 2015 axleback exhaust.

Which means that these parts: http://shop.namelessperformance.com/2010-legacy-gt-3-6r-axleback-exhaust/ should fit your car properly. If you would like to place an order for those, we have them scheduled to be built next week, so orders placed before Thursday of this week will be on that build list and would get turned around and shipped out within a week.

I look forward to hearing from you. I wish it would have taken us less than 5 months to determine this fitment, but we have been slammed with our move to a new shop and expansion of our business.

Have a great day and feel free to call me at 360.263.5001 if you have any other questions or want to discuss details!

Hey guys this is an email I got from nameless today:

Yeah they got that because I sent them an email with the part diagrams I got from the dealership. They didn't do the research lol.

I'm going to be picking one to up just to test fitment. You can only confirm fitment by physical mounting. Just because the part numbers are the same doesn't mean that it'll fit (although it more than likely will).

Hold out for a couple of weeks and I'll have an answer for everyone.