LegacyGT.com

RooTBeeR's Cheapo Slow Poke "Build" Thread

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stage 2 wont help knock lol... Less back pressure though?

I'm going with Mike/William(Bill) Delicious because I want to have a flex fuel tune. Run 91 or corn all willy nilly, no tune switching, no worry about how much of the other fuel is left in the tank when switching back and forth.

This. Exactly this. I have E85 a couple miles from the house, just slightly out of the way, but I can fill the tank on the way home on a Friday, have extra power for the weekend, then back to high(er) gas milage when I refill with 91 during the week.

Last time I talked to Mike about it, we needed 1300cc injectors. Still the game plan? *with sadness, I look at the puny 740s I prematurely bought*

I don't see the divider, maybe they revised the design?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/03/884cf58ef2b5277e6328a63ec02f6041.jpg

Still has the protruding divorce(the reason I got it)

Just hard to see it in that picture.

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This. Exactly this. I have E85 a couple miles from the house, just slightly out of the way, but I can fill the tank on the way home on a Friday, have extra power for the weekend, then back to high(er) gas milage when I refill with 91 during the week.

Last time I talked to Mike about it, we needed 1300cc injectors. Still the game plan? *with sadness, I look at the puny 740s I prematurely bought*

You have a vf40?

I got 850's thinking they'd be overkill... Maybe I didn't research enough...

I have very few e85 stations near me, the closest is out if the way a few miles, but It'll make it worth it.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That thermostat gasket is a really great idea, thanks for posting that.

No problem. I saw it on here somewhere a while ago, can't remember who posted/suggested it.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It works but keep in mind it's an 1/8" thick piece of aluminum. Stock TMIC fitment is flush to the top of the compressor. It's going to kick your TMIC up a little bit. To stay square to the mount point needs to be raised a little and possibly a little longer aftermarket throttle body hose.

The divorced protrusion.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/03/1e9982d9e7561a692989f765a1e6dcf3.jpg

They don't leave much real estate for a WB bung...hell, would be nice if they offer it as a product option...

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/03/4400a62794cfd77e9a7a0fe58532e8bc.jpg

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That cat is an eyesore on that DP. Damn California.

This still isn't legal here.

No aftermarket exhaust anything(technically)

I wanted a cat on there though, I didn't want it to sound like a diesel with all that turbo whistle

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh yeah, paid for my freaking tune the other day. Now I wait for it lol I should have done that from the beginning, for whatever reason I didn't think about it though. And then I will get the actual tune figured out and have a few dyno pulls down there in infamous when I set up an appointment with Mike.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have a vf40?

I got 850's thinking they'd be overkill... Maybe I didn't research enough...

I have very few e85 stations near me, the closest is out if the way a few miles, but It'll make it worth it.

For E85 the rule of thumb ( math based ) is 42% bigger injectors... Since you can get really (too?) close to maxing out stock injectors on stage 2 pump vf40, you can see where 1000s start to seem reasonably, and even 1300s might not be future proof if you do a turbo swap. Pretty sure with 840s you'll have to back down on the tune due to injector duty cycle. Could be wrong, might be prefect for a stage 2 vf40. But talk to Mike, don't quote me, i ain't said nothing yet.

For E85 the rule of thumb ( math based ) is 42% bigger injectors... Since you can get really (too?) close to maxing out stock injectors on stage 2 pump vf40, you can see where 1000s start to seem reasonably, and even 1300s might not be future proof if you do a turbo swap. Pretty sure with 840s you'll have to back down on the tune due to injector duty cycle. Could be wrong, might be prefect for a stage 2 vf40. But talk to Mike, don't quote me, i ain't said nothing yet.

I have no idea what the stockers are rated at, that would help.

I'm waiting for an email back from Delicious Tuning, to see what they say.

I have yet to install the Injectors.

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stock are 550s. Let us (me!) know what he says.

Well that's a start.

If stage 2 on 91 pump, maxes out the stock injectors.

And e85 uses (I've always heard 30% more fuel) 42% more Injector(as you said).

Then for my 850's

550cc x 1.3% = 715cc (which would be 84% IDC's) still leaves some safe -ish head room.

550cc x 1.42% = 781cc (which would be 92% IDC's) that's a bit closer than I'd like to going static.

1000cc's would put me at 78.1% IDC's on E85 at 42% more fuel required.

Which would be preferred/ideal. Plenty of headroom

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well that's a start.

If stage 2 on 91 pump, maxes out the stock injectors.

And e85 uses (I've always heard 30% more fuel) 42% more Injector(as you said).

Then for my 850's

550cc x 1.3% = 715cc (which would be 84% IDC's) still leaves some safe -ish head room.

550cc x 1.42% = 781cc (which would be 92% IDC's) that's a bit closer than I'd like to going static.

1000cc's would put me at 78.1% IDC's on E85 at 42% more fuel required.

Which would be preferred/ideal. Plenty of headroom

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=73061

"cars running E85 requires roughly 30% more fuel" = gas mileage

"E85 requires 42% more fuel to reach stoich" = injector sizing.

The stockers getting close to max'd out on Stage 2 is probably 93 octane and a maxed out stage2. I'm still collecting information, and I don't remember where I picked that up. For a straight, empty the tank totally before filling, E85 tune, 850s might get a pretty damn good E85 tune for us in Cali.

Regardless of the numbers or my understanding, Mike told me they spec 1300cc for the Delicious flex-fuel setup last time I talked to him. That's why I can't wait to hear what you hear. Being able to willy nilly fill with E85 or 91, and not worry about whether the E85 is true 85 or less than 85, nor how much 91 is left in the tank, just seems like the only way to go.

Archived