LegacyGT.com

Who's in VT?

ripstik

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh. The LGT I thought I saw last page is, upon closer inspection, an impostor. Turbo hood with 2.5i exhaust and badging.

HAHAHAHA I've seen that guy! he got me real excited twice which was immediately followed by disappointment

My GT finally blew up after 328k miles. Anyone know if I can swap a Forester engine into my 1998? Also planning on rebuilding the old one. I hear the EJs are like legos

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Yes, no, maybe...? What year, engine, exhaust flange... MAP or MAF sensor on the donor... Not a simple question.

as long as you're willing to come to VT, or go to VT occasionally already, or feel like meeting people from VT, or are intrigued by the culture of VT's people, then yes you can go on the list.

Welcome brother.

as long as you're willing to come to VT, or go to VT occasionally already, or feel like meeting people from VT, or are intrigued by the culture of VT's people, then yes you can go on the list.

Welcome brother.

Absolutely! I've already been to a VT car meet. I go to Keene State so there's a lot of VT people here too. I've already met some Subaru friends! I love Vermont haha I've been going there for years. I look forward to getting into the car culture there.

Just as an FYI for all in Central VT, or any that don't mind travelling, we are having a meet at Rocket J's in Northfield, VT tonight at 6:30PM. $1 hot dogs - aka "Dollar Dog Night" PM me if you need an address for the location.

Yes, no, maybe...? What year, engine, exhaust flange... MAP or MAF sensor on the donor... Not a simple question.

I presume if I take a 98 donor forester or outback, the setup would be the same

A couple other people and myself were thinking about trying to set up a meet at the harpoon brewery in Windsor. Is that something anyone would be interested in?

Normally I'd be all over that but I already have a pilgrimage to hill farmstead planned for this weekend. if anyone one is up near the NEK and wants to meet up there feel free.

There was no set date in mind yet. Was just looking to see the amount of interest. Harpoon is like 10-15 mins from me [emoji4] but I went to a couple "meet" ups that were kind of a hike and the turn out was pretty sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no set date in mind yet. Was just looking to see the amount of interest. Harpoon is like 10-15 mins from me [emoji4] but I went to a couple "meet" ups that were kind of a hike and the turn out was pretty sad.

well in that case than yea I'm into it. its only like an hour and a half from me

I presume if I take a 98 donor forester or outback, the setup would be the same

Yes, it should be. Just make sure it's not a 99 Forester, as that is a Phase 2 EJ251, and unless you want to hunt for parts, do not get a 2.2L (Phase 1 EJ25D is DOHC, Phase 1 EJ22E is SOHC. Phase 2 Engines - EJ222 and EJ251(2, 3, and 4) are SOHC). Any Phase 1 EJ25D from 1998 should fit in your car. That being said, there are EJ25Ds from other years that will fit. If you get an engine other than your year, you may need to swap components, disable emission ports and/or trick emission system components. Browse the 2nd Gen forum and look for posts by user Johnegg. He has a great understanding of Phase 1 EJs.

Steve

Well, the small VT crowd just got smaller. Traded her in on a '16 FXT today. Didn't get the deal I wanted, nor the deal I feared. Just getting too old and night vision too bad to have my eyes down in the weeds at night.

Same plate, so if you see a blue FXT, that's me. I'll still stick around.

Well, the small VT crowd just got smaller. Traded her in on a '16 FXT today. Didn't get the deal I wanted, nor the deal I feared. Just getting too old and night vision too bad to have my eyes down in the weeds at night.

Same plate, so if you see a blue FXT, that's me. I'll still stick around.

Welcome to the 2.0DIT Family... lol If they didn't start at close to $30,000, I might have pushed my wife to get an FXT. Too bad we will only be able to tell it's you from the badge on the back and the License plate... no more hood scoop :(.

• 3 weeks later...

Resurrecting my '02 Forester and dealing with 4 months of slushy automatic practicality. Last Christmas I ended up tearing up one of the tires on the GT after discovering a new pothole. I decided I would either buy a set of 17" wheels for the GT to get some extra sidewall, or put that away and use a vehicle more suited for the wasteland that is VT roads in the winter.

(also the added benefit of not needing to shovel the driveway as much with the Forester. Air dam, plow, same thing really)

Well, then.

Since I've left the LGT world for the FXT world, I've got 4 Tire Rack 17" steelies with 225/50-17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta R snows just taking up space in my garage. Also have 20 "winter" lug nuts with the proper seating profile for the steel rims. All 4 tires have at least 8/32 of tread (Hakkas have a nice wear indicator on the center rib). While the rims would fit the FXT the tires would be too small and I'm just over the whole DIY tire swap anyways.

$300 for the set cash/PayPal & carry. PM me if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived