LegacyGT.com

Perrin TMIC Coupler (Throttle Body Hose)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the ones I bought.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/3-06-in-to-3-38-in-t-bolt-hose-clamp/A-p8106288e

They are a size bigger, the bolt is curved so they have more range, and there are gaurds on the sides that prevent them from gouging your hose. With the larger clamp its easy to install even the extra think hose.

Also... the perrin piece fits the chargepipe to intercooler joint perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an update on my situation:

Got my replacement TB coupler today (Perrin let me exchange it, even though I bought it through a distributor), and it was noticeably different than the original- the TMIC side had a noticeable "straight" section before all the curvy nonsense in the middle, whereas the previous one did not. Stuck it on the TMIC, lined up dead-nuts on the first try! Granted, I had to pull it back off to put the TB-side clamp on, and spend another 10 minutes getting that clamp to where I could get a socket on it, but it works! Pretty consistent 15 PSI +/- 0.25ish @ WFO.

What was the part number on the new one you got? Maybe the one I got was an old one it has my tmic about a half inch to the passenger side. I am going to try to reposition it but it was PITA getting it back on with no silicone gonna get a can for when I try again.

Are you using a cobb st1 tune? I have been hitting 15.44-15.88 which is lower than what I peaked at before I am sure I was hitting into the 16.2x before.

I don't recall what the complete number is, but I did notice that the replacement was the PSP-ITR... one, rather than the PSP-ENG... one I originally received. Perrin sent me the new version (according to their product page), I'm guessing there were some tweaks between the two.

Yep, stage 1 OTS, 91 octane. I've seen 16.x before myself, not sure if it has something to do with ambient temperature (cools the charge better, lower charge temp = lower pressure needed to maintain AFR), or maybe the stock coupler alternately venting and sealing is causing pulses up into the 16.x range. Not sure what the issue is, but as long as my DAM gets up to 1 (been hanging out around .875 - .938 recently), I'll be happy.

I think I got it now, rotated it a bit more to the driver side and didn't need quite so much cursing to get it on. A little wd40 helped too. Now to see what my intake pressure is at, definitely seemed to be leaking earlier it would get up to 15.xx then drop to 14.xx and kind of fluctuate between low 15 to 14 psi.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
It seems that a few of us got longer ones, because I bought mine a while back and I just trimmed off a half inch keeping with the angle and it fit the first time. Before that I spent 4 hours trying to get everything to fit back to normal with the perrin installed pre-trim, nothing lined up and I didn't want to strip or force anything. So if you got a longer one just trim some off, and it should fit just fine. Seems I need to grab me some silicone spray also! So maybe the first batch was longer and enough people complained so they made the shorter??

^^ This, I even ordered Perrin clamps for my charge pipe, whenever it gets installed.

Ha, I did too for my AVO charge pipe! And even though I have the AVO throttle body hose, I went to Perrin (down the street from me now, so why not?) to pick up clamps for it as well.

Do you guys know when the long Perrin hose was remedied.

I started with the Racer X one 4 hours later couldn't line it up, had a tuner try threw it in the garbage, I bought the perrin one contemplated installing myself didn't have time had the tuner do it they couldn't make it fit so scrapped that one...... luckily the OEM one hasn't split on me at stage 2.... anyone else make this ..... or should I try buying another Perrin one?

This has to be the most frustrating piece I have ever installed.....

Many others had a hard time getting it to fit correctly, I used GTeasers method of eyeballing the perrin logo from the driver side strut tower, that and some wd40 and mine went on fairly easily. It was a pita to make sure the clamps held it in place.

The RacerX tmic with the Perrin unit is known for not fitting properly. Mine never did either after 45mins of trying multiple angles and what not. Ultimately need to just make different mounting brackets would be the solution to shift the tmic easier to correct the fitment.

Many others had a hard time getting it to fit correctly, I used GTeasers method of eyeballing the perrin logo from the driver side strut tower, that and some wd40 and mine went on fairly easily. It was a pita to make sure the clamps held it in place.

Are you running the racerx tmic

The RacerX tmic with the Perrin unit is known for not fitting properly. Mine never did either after 45mins of trying multiple angles and what not. Ultimately need to just make different mounting brackets would be the solution to shift the tmic easier to correct the fitment.

So what tmic coupler are you usiing with the racer x tmic

I still use the Perrin unit. Just fitment is poor and I don't have the bolt in the passenger side bolt of the tmic itself. Just two rubber grommets there so if it bounces it's metal on rubber rather than metal/metal

Archived