LegacyGT.com

Perrin TMIC Coupler (Throttle Body Hose)

Got mine in at work today. Stirs up multiple conversations lol.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/10/y5a4y3a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the avo tb hose on the racer x...seems to fit.

The tb hose from racer x fit on the tmic n tb snuggly (nice), but I couldn't get it to line up as it was not as flexible as the avo hose.

Definitely hard to get it to align perfectly to tmic bracket... Pretty sure both my tmic bracket are stripped to sh*t lol...

Hard to know if its leaking... Because i cant tell if the air rushing sound is from tb hose or the intake as im running the k&n filter. Pretty sure its air box..I hope. I'm also afraid to take it apart to check as it took me all day Sunday to get it in place...pita!!!

Did a run with ap boost monitor...peak was 15.6 on acn 91 stage 1 map. Probably not entirely accurate because I do not have boost gauge install.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It measures your manifold relative pressure, so it's accurate. You could get a lot more out of it with a custom tune though **cough** **cough** ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Installed this over the weekend and confirm it fits perfectly with the RacerX TMIC.

Thanks for reporting this. Does it seem like this won't blow off like the stock coupler does when using the RacerX TMIC? Perhaps this coupler is a bit longer or the clamps are better than stock so blow offs don't happen?

eckseleven, the stock coupler has those silly removable end pieces that the facilitate the blow offs. If you take the stock coupler apart, you will see that the hose section is much shorter, and the end pieces that house the clamps "extend" the coupler. Not a good design at all IMHO as there are 3x as many points of failure and places where clamping power is compromised. You will have ZERO issues with the Perrin coupler.

Ok, thanks. I had to have those things removed when I got tuned with the stock IC due to leaking. I have the RacerX IC sitting on a shelf waiting to be installed and figured I would replace the coupler while I'm at it since people reported problems with the stock one.

Ok, thanks. I had to have those things removed when I got tuned with the stock IC due to leaking. I have the RacerX IC sitting on a shelf waiting to be installed and figured I would replace the coupler while I'm at it since people reported problems with the stock one.

I would definitely suggest doing that. In my initial stage 1 logging I had it blow off and I think it might have been a culprit in my stage 2 logging as well.

I would definitely suggest doing that. In my initial stage 1 logging I had it blow off and I think it might have been a culprit in my stage 2 logging as well.

Stage 2 seemed to be fixed with the new bpv. Any level beyond stock and they should be removed. Mine was about to go at stage 1.

I already have the avo on...makes a weird noise at 2500 when car is just warmed up. No problem after 5 mins of boosting.

I just have no confidence with any coupler with the racer x tmic.

Maybe time to try out the Perrin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The most pain in the f****** ass install with the Rx tmic. Almost want to put stock tmic back on. Or trade my car in.

Tbolt not big enough to get into Rx tmic.

2 hrs in...still trying to line it up with the Perrin tb coupler

Ridiculous

I bought the TMIC coupler from racerX (his own design) and it was way too long. I ended up just reusing the stock one. At some point I'll trim down the racerX one and reinstall it.

Installation note: I found it to be easiest to install if you put it on the throttle body first clamp it down then wiggle the TMIC into it. Good luck, it is a PITA either way!

Well gettin it on the tb n tmic is OK...but getting it to line up to the mounting bracket is another story

With the Perrin I just spun it a little on the TB, reinstalled the TMIC, and it lined right up with the mounting holes on the TMIC on the second try.

Archived