LegacyGT.com

Perrin TMIC Coupler (Throttle Body Hose)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

....so i'm going to put the stock TMIC on instead of the racerx. one of the perrin clamp didn't fit..and i seem have miss place it.

anyone know where i can get the clamps that came with the perrin throttle body hose?

found some that are similar...but size...also napa has some constant torque clamp...i guess that will work also.

3"?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Squirrelly-Stainless-T-Bolt-Silicone-Intercooler/dp/B00RZYF77A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1428387870&sr=8-2&keywords=turbo+hose+clamps]Amazon.com: Squirrelly 3" Heavy Duty Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamp for 3.0 inch Silicone Turbo Intercooler Hose: Automotive[/ame]

http://www.jmesales.com/catalog/productinfo.aspx?id=7189&cid=7978&skuid=TPTC331&gclid=CjwKEAjw3YipBRDL2bHhjLmFkQsSJADtzktjD6-KaYeQsoEcZcGDY6SAjGUidFoUw8Yno9gwap21CBoCFxbw_wcB

• 2 weeks later...
Bryan has a longer one available I believe. Contact him.

I have gotten one from RacerX it is longer but maybe too long neither mt tuner or I were able to make it work.

For those that have issues with the racer x TMIC and stock coupler....does this seem like it would help? I know it's a bit of a stretch to get the stock one to connect.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Push come to shove like in my case the stock couple will fit with raxerx tmic but i just ordered the perrin

I have the avo tb hose on the racer x...seems to fit.

The tb hose from racer x fit on the tmic n tb snuggly (nice), but I couldn't get it to line up as it was not as flexible as the avo hose.

Definitely hard to get it to align perfectly to tmic bracket... Pretty sure both my tmic bracket are stripped to sh*t lol...

Hard to know if its leaking... Because i cant tell if the air rushing sound is from tb hose or the intake as im running the k&n filter. Pretty sure its air box..I hope. I'm also afraid to take it apart to check as it took me all day Sunday to get it in place...pita!!!

Did a run with ap boost monitor...peak was 15.6 on acn 91 stage 1 map. Probably not entirely accurate because I do not have boost gauge install.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

had the same issues wasnt lining up to find out it is too long,get the perrin

The Perrin TB Coupler is the best IMHO. I installed mine with no issue at all. I have also had both amidroc and Swannee225 over at my house when they installed theirs, Swannee's went on a RacerX TMIC, and neither had issues and went smoothly.

....so i'm going to put the stock TMIC on instead of the racerx. one of the perrin clamp didn't fit..and i seem have miss place it.

anyone know where i can get the clamps that came with the perrin throttle body hose?

found some that are similar...but size...also napa has some constant torque clamp...i guess that will work also.

3"?

Amazon.com: Squirrelly 3" Heavy Duty Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamp for 3.0 inch Silicone Turbo Intercooler Hose: Automotive

http://www.jmesales.com/catalog/productinfo.aspx?id=7189&cid=7978&skuid=TPTC331&gclid=CjwKEAjw3YipBRDL2bHhjLmFkQsSJADtzktjD6-KaYeQsoEcZcGDY6SAjGUidFoUw8Yno9gwap21CBoCFxbw_wcB

What do you mean by it wouldn't fit? Do you mean the clamp wouldn't fit around the hose when installed, almost like the hose was too thick or the clamp was too small?

If so, give Perrin a shout. They'll send you a new one since the coupler is made too thick by accident. Or do like I did and order some larger T-Bolt clamps. I went with 2 of these and they fit perfect. Also better because the bolt in them is curved so they have a larger range and there are guides on the sides to protect your hose:

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/3-06-in-to-3-38-in-t-bolt-hose-clamp/A-p8106288e

• 3 months later...
This is exactly what I need! Thanks for the tips!

Hey! It was great to meet you wife yesterday. I replied to your PM. Maybe we can get together to get your boost issue fixed while you wait for a Perrin coupler.

• 4 weeks later...

Have any of you guys noticed the Perrin piece being substantially (~1") longer than the stocker? I spent about half an hour trying to get things to line up, but I was having to lean on the TMIC to the point where it was starting to peel the coupler off of the TMIC in order to get it to line back up with the mounting brackets (with the brackets loose). I'll probably give it another shot once it cools off a little, but I rotated it probably 30 degrees either direction from where I thought it was supposed to be, no luck.

Think I ended up with one of the extra-thick couplers, too, guess that's what I get for saving a couple bucks and buying on ebay...

edit: that pic was with the two pieces rotated about as close to the same as I could get them. Doesn't really do a good job of showing the height difference, now that I look at it...

IMG_20150905_164225.thumb.jpg.303a52894dea6d4fed7172f22ca95df2.jpg

I believe Gteaser metioned it had to be rotated perfectly to fit correctly. You may want to message him. I seem to remember it being rotated so you could read perrin from the driver side fender if you looked at it with your head by the strut tower?

Mine didn't seem to be that much taller, like in your photo, but it was longer than the stock one. And yes the logo should be visible/readable as FL noted. I ended up fitting mine with no clamps then took the IC back off, added clamps, tightened the TB side, and put the IC back on. It just took some muscle to get it to go in there. All I can add is plenty of SILICONE SPRAY will be your best friend. Literally took me 30 minutes tops.

Yeah... and if you have one of the extra thick ones like I do, then make sure you have sufficiently large t bolt clamps or you will never get it together. Its litetally impossible using the provided clamps if you have the extra thick one.

And as stated, silicone spray is your friend. It shouldnt be longer than the oem one plus rubber end gaskets. Probably a half inch longer. If its long r r than that you better verify you have the right part.

Have any of you guys noticed the Perrin piece being substantially (~1") longer than the stocker? I spent about half an hour trying to get things to line up, but I was having to lean on the TMIC to the point where it was starting to peel the coupler off of the TMIC in order to get it to line back up with the mounting brackets (with the brackets loose). I'll probably give it another shot once it cools off a little, but I rotated it probably 30 degrees either direction from where I thought it was supposed to be, no luck.

Think I ended up with one of the extra-thick couplers, too, guess that's what I get for saving a couple bucks and buying on ebay...

edit: that pic was with the two pieces rotated about as close to the same as I could get them. Doesn't really do a good job of showing the height difference, now that I look at it...

That looks like a fake EBay part. It looks nothing like the one I just installed on emeba's car. Its too long and doesnt have enough bulge out the side. The Perrin logo looks suspect as well. See my photo in the first post.

That pic I posted doesn't really show the shape very well, but it does have more of a bulge to it, and the logo matches as well. For what it's worth, the packaging is identical to what you have in the OP. Not saying it couldn't be fake, but it seems like a lot of work to bag up the instructions and clamps the same way, include Perrin stickers, and use a Perrin box (which, go figure, I pitched in the dumpster yesterday) just to throw in a fake hose. Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely from where I'm sitting. Streetrays was the vendor I bought from- they look to be legit (at least based on feedback), and they at least claim to be an authorized Perrin distributor.

That said, I was able to get it oriented so that everything lined up within about 1/8" or so. The coupler was rubbing on the corner of the TMIC before I leaned on it to get the bolts lined up, and I'm not really comfortable leaving it like that in the long run. I've had to reuse a worm clamp from the stocker for the TMIC side- I had to take the nut off of the T-bolt clamp to get it on there, and I'm about 1/4" short of being able to get the nut back on. I'll hit them up and let them know I got one of the too-thick run, and see what they have to say.

I have not, but I think I got the orientation thing worked out for the most part.

Either way, I'm in a holding pattern for now- Street Rays (who is an official distributor, per the Perrin website) already got back to me and suggested that I contact Perrin first, so I'm going to hold off until I hear back from them. At the very least, I'd like to get a solution for the too-small clamps before I mess with it again, maybe that solution will fix the rubbing issue as well.

It's really not complicated. Just buy a larger set of t bolt clamps. Cost me 4 dollars for new stainless clamps that are notably better than the Perrin ones. There is nothing wrong with the thicker hose other than the clamp issue.

Perrin replaced mine, but I sold it off and just kept the thick one with replacement clamps. Once you have larger clamps and lube it up you should have no problem.

The Perrin site for the throttle body hose indicates that the clamps are the 3.12" T-Bolt clamps. Since there's confusion over the clamps, is that indeed the size of the clamps required? There doesn't appear to be a larger clamp size offered.

Also, any idea if the same clamps would work for, say, the Avo charge pipe?

Archived