LegacyGT.com

Perrin TMIC Coupler (Throttle Body Hose)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the AVO TMIC and just put the Perrin TB hose on. Can someone take a pic from the side to see how you clock it right? I know you have to read the Perrin on the TB hose but is it straight or just up or just down reading the Perrin on the Hose. Mine just seems just off.
I believe I explained it thoroughly at the beginning of this thread. It's kinda trial and error and the end of the hose should fit flush all the way around the TMIC.

As you can see from this photo linked below (the last one in my posts at the beginning of this thread), its not really possible to get a photo of the text on the side of the coupler while its install. If the coupler is seated up against TMIC all the way around, then it's clocked correctly. Are your clamps tight? Do you have another boost leak somewhere?

At least with my hose, if you were to put your chin on the fender just in front in the strut tower, and see thru all the mess of hoses while looking at the TB hose, you'd be able to read the Perrin logo perfectly level directly in front of you. This perhaps is not a great metric for determining the clocking of the hose because it's possible that the logo is in a slightly different place on every hose.

[ATTACH]186364[/ATTACH]

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone. On the Perrin website, the available TMIC Coupler has this part number for 08-2017 WRX:

PSP-ITR-321BL

Is it still the same just with different clamp? Just making sure it will fit my 5th gen LGT before buying. Also, will it fit Grimmspeed TMIC? Maybe someone here has the same setup.

Thanks.

The GrimmSpeed TMIC comes with its own silicone coupler, since the TMIC outlet isn't in the same location as on the stock part.

Ok, but for now I still have stock TMIC.

I'm just eyeing the Grimmspeed TMIC as a future upgrade but for now, will the Perrin coupler with the new part number fit?

I think the "new" part number has been in use for quite some time - I have the PSP-ITR-321BK installed on my car - if you are looking for the blue one, the part number you mentioned above is correct (BL=blue, BK=black, and RD=red)

Archived