LegacyGT.com

Perrin TMIC Coupler (Throttle Body Hose)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The avo Tb hose is cheaper than the Perrin... But I don't think it comes with t-bolt clamps.

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/silicone-throttle-body-hose-p-33.html

I've had the avo one on before the Perrin....I think Perrin fits better...

And the tbolt is a must for me...although I can only get it to fit on the tb side

I've got a used avo on for cheap if u want it lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've had the avo one on before the Perrin....I think Perrin fits better...

And the tbolt is a must for me...although I can only get it to fit on the tb side

I've got a used avo on for cheap if u want it lol

Thanks, but I don't like using anything other than t-bolt for piping that has boost either. Especially on a stage 2 tune, and I've had that hose blow out on me. Although I didn't get the farting noise under boost lol. Even went out and made a $4 boost leak tester from home depot...

I'll probably go with the Perrin.

^^ Did you follow my instructions on the first page, I got both Tbolts to fit just fine without problem.

Couldn't get the coupler to go over the rx tmic side with the tbolt on it...literally a half turn n the tbolt would have opened up.

Think I got a weird tmic

Couldn't get the coupler to go over the rx tmic side with the tbolt on it...literally a half turn n the tbolt would have opened up.

Think I got a weird tmic

You can do it, you just gotta really push it down because the coupler have so much friction. I got Perrin coupler to fit with both t-bolt clamps.

Tried to install this with the RacerX TMIC at the same time. It didn't go well. I got the coupler on fine with the stock IC so I know the positioning of it is ok, but when I try to put the RacerX on, the passenger side mounting bracket is way off. On the driver's side I'm able to use a bit of force to get the mounting holes to line up and a bolt to drop through, but on the other side I don't see how I'm going to do it without drilling a hole through the RacerX mount point. It is a good inch off. Gave up after a couple hours and put the stock IC back on with the Perrin coupler.

Makes me wonder if there are variations in these Rx ICs since some people say they fit perfect. blklgt05, jojorios, and others that have the Rx, do you have any tips? Did you have to push the intercooler towards the front of the car and to the left to get the mounting holes to line up?

Tried to install this with the RacerX TMIC at the same time. It didn't go well. I got the coupler on fine with the stock IC so I know the positioning of it is ok, but when I try to put the RacerX on, the passenger side mounting bracket is way off. On the driver's side I'm able to use a bit of force to get the mounting holes to line up and a bolt to drop through, but on the other side I don't see how I'm going to do it without drilling a hole through the RacerX mount point. It is a good inch off. Gave up after a couple hours and put the stock IC back on with the Perrin coupler.

Makes me wonder if there are variations in these Rx ICs since some people say they fit perfect. blklgt05, jojorios, and others that have the Rx, do you have any tips? Did you have to push the intercooler towards the front of the car and to the left to get the mounting holes to line up?

I had loosened the bolt that holds on the passenger side bracket to give it some moving room. I am not sure if this actually helped in anyway. Once I was able to thread the TMIC I was able to get under the TMIC and re tightened it. But like I said, I'm not sure if that really helped any.

Ok, I'll try loosening that one next time. I did loosen the drivers side bracket and that did help some but wasn't quite enough.

I didn't realize the drive side bracket could of been loosened. Might of saved me a couple of minutes of frustration.

• 6 months later...
Got my Perrin coupler in yesterday. Quick questions to those that have bought it, did you notice the inside of the coupler being somewhat rough with random bumps? It almost feels like those bumps could break loose, would this be an issue? I'll post pics of it later when I get home if needed.

Got my Perrin coupler in yesterday. Quick questions to those that have bought it, did you notice the inside of the coupler being somewhat rough with random bumps? It almost feels like those bumps could break loose, would this be an issue? I'll post pics of it later when I get home if needed.

Yes, mine had random bumps. I'm not worrying about it.

STDs.. intake warts...

lamb skin...

anyway. i was a little disappointed when i flashed stage one a week ago, didnt feel right. Ruchard thought this might be the prob.. removed the coupler; in was shredded, just removed it and attached OEM hose. peak boost went from 12 to 16.5... now im smiling.

... removed the coupler; in was shredded, just removed it and attached OEM hose. peak boost went from 12 to 16.5... now im smiling.
Was the Perrin silicone coupler shredded or the stock rubber coupler? If it was the Perrin, how long did you have in on there and what was your target boost until now?

(assuming it couldn't have been too high if pre-Stage I).

There is a little confusion here about the term "coupler". Perrin calls it's TB hose, which is a single piece of silicone, a "coupler". When talking about the stock throttle body hose, it is a total of 3 pieces, the rubber hose with a coupler on each end. Pretty sure Matt doesn't have the Perrin yet, which is why he posted in here, because if he had one then he wouldn't have the crappy stock one giving him problems when he flashed to Stage1.

Archived