LegacyGT.com

**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

Wow I didn't know they only made 227! I hope to one day get a pro tune but I'd have to travel quite a ways.

the dude at McDowell performance owns a fifth gen so his e-tune maps are likely very on point so no need to take a trip just do logs for him. still waiting to have the extra cash but i plan to get a tune from him

edit: and then he sees the previous post

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work Stu. Your hard work has paid off. I exercise to help deal with stress. I'm also trying to get back into shape for the Muay Thai/BJJ training I did, before my motorcycle accident

I can help you out with that :)

Shoot me an email. Stage 1 or 2 etunes are $150. Plus, it will be a much better tune, compared to Cobb's OTS map.

That sounds great, thanks! I will definitely hit you up when I have my car. Just waiting patiently for my Jeep to sell.

Nice work Stu. Your hard work has paid off. I exercise to help deal with stress. I'm also trying to get back into shape for the Muay Thai/BJJ training I did, before my motorcycle accident

Heh heh. BJJ training. Heh heh.

So the treasure valley where boise sits is split by 2 counties and so far idaho state patrol had 124 calls...canyon county police 157...and ada county police 238. An average day is maybe 8-10calls a day.

Sad thing is its the first snowfall and its maybe 83-5inches. Bunch of incompetent california drivers or mustang owners.

positive note is that wrecking/towing companies are making bank

Time to fire back in the "coolest desk toy" arms race. Competition is currently a small crossbow made with barrettes (thanks for the assist, spellcheck) and a 3D printed catapult. The piston is 2" in diameter, for a scale reference.

IMG_20141114_195708_.thumb.jpg.be3885c7021f8df318d4226452db204f.jpg

IMG_20141114_200218_.thumb.jpg.d81e10608f09651c8854e6d22b91e260.jpg

This may be a repost, and it is in its infancy, but the possibilities....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMQJkkchTi4]Strati The first 3D printed car. YES, we go for a ride! A new EV IMTS 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I got to see some of the process while I was at IMTS. The big Cincinnati 3D printer was a pretty damn neat sight to see.

Sooooo much awesome technology at that show. If only my employer would replace all of the ancient ass worn out machines in my department.

:(

What for?

It's for a high flow type of secondary pump for pressure washer applications. Most of the residential units on the market can provide high pressure but with relatively low flow rates of water, usually less than 2.5 GPM.

This allows a pressure washer to have traditional high pressure functionality but when the appropriate nozzle is used, it draws additional flow from the supply and will put out over 5 GPM. This extra flow is helpful for reaching greater distances and flow flushing aways dirt and debris more quickly (think of a car wash - usually around 2000 psi but with more like 4-5 GPM).

So basically it's just to make a noisy squirt gun shoot farther! :D

It's for a high flow type of secondary pump for pressure washer applications. Most of the residential units on the market can provide high pressure but with relatively low flow rates of water, usually less than 2.5 GPM.

This allows a pressure washer to have traditional high pressure functionality but when the appropriate nozzle is used, it draws additional flow from the supply and will put out over 5 GPM. This extra flow is helpful for reaching greater distances and flow flushing aways dirt and debris more quickly (think of a car wash - usually around 2000 psi but with more like 4-5 GPM).

So basically it's just to make a noisy squirt gun shoot farther! :D

That is awesome! what kind of seal do you use? that's what i do for work.

That is awesome! what kind of seal do you use? that's what i do for work.

The only seals inside it are actually just standard Buna O-rings as the secondary pump doesn't have any moving parts. The actual concept is based on a venturi so it uses a converging-diverging type of nozzle to create a low-pressure zone at the throat. This is where the secondary flow is added to the primary flow from the main pump (provided the correct nozzle is being used).

So you do this kind of stuff too? What industry are you in?

Got pulled over last Friday because my car is too loud. Cop gave me a reckless that I have to go to court for :(. He doesn't even know what speed I was doing he could only hear me coming and that was enough for him. Dick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk