**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woke up at 4 to run this morning and opened my door to a light dusting of snow....ughh. Soon the Panda will not be eating corn :(

Apparently Ripon got an inch overnight, a couple cars in the parking lot had snow on them this morning. Pretty sure I saw a couple flurries around here (Oshkosh) about an hour ago, too.

Might be a sign that I need to get off my ass and get some winter tires. Still got the factory summers on there, and something tells me that'll be an issue in a week or two here.

Yeah, I'm just a bit south of Ripon and we had a little less than an inch. I will be changing over to winter tires and 93 octane sometime this next week. Ughhhhhhhh...

can you not run e85 in the winter? it gunks up in the cold or something?

Cold start issues because of vapor pressure properties of ethanol when temperature is low.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel

^This. They do change the blend to reduce the ethanol content for winter (closer to e70), but since the closest stations for me are still a couple miles out of my usual routes, I'm just going to get back on regular 93 instead.

Woke up to this today. Tailgating at the App State game is going to be interesting!! To bad the Subie stayed at home!!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/01/00d49bbd9c5362569b010c2cb11f626a.jpg

Mufflers are still mufflers. Catbacks and Axlebacks have mufflers, but they include piping and flanges to replace not only the muffler, but the entire, or partial, exhaust piping system.

Since aftermarket manufacturers such as MagnaFlow, Borla, FlowMaster, etc. have been offering bolt on exhaust system upgrades for most vehicles (probably since early 1980's) these systems have became known as "catbacks", since the stock catalytic converters needed to be retained because of emissions rules. Some exhaust systems had factory flange locations near the rear axle, and alternatives to catbacks were offered for less cost but just as upgrades from the rear axle back...thus "axlebacks".

Catbacks and axlebacks are like semi-custom exhaust systems which include mufflers, as opposed to a full custom system which your local exhaust shop would make for you with your choice of muffler and exhaust pipe size.

GF and I are on the outs. Im just not happy anymore. Not sure if it's a grass is greener on the otherside or what. Sucky part is we live 6hrs from home (from same home town) and don't really have a bunch of friends where we are now.

GF and I are on the outs. Im just not happy anymore. Not sure if it's a grass is greener on the otherside or what. Sucky part is we live 6hrs from home (from same home town) and don't really have a bunch of friends where we are now.

Thats why God made Tinder ;)

Passed my brown belt cert in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. That was a challenging test and I'm glad it's over. Evidently less than 100 peeps have taken the black belt test and less than 30 have passed it. Haven't decided if I'll do it.