LegacyGT.com

**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

It's really weird living by myself again. Need to get some more items to add to the décor, but it's just weird. Not necessarily bad, but having to buy all of the basic living and needed items sucked. Dishes, utensils, garbage cans, vacuum, etc. That crap adds up fast,

The best times of my life were in between wives.

Heave fun! Enjoy being able to do whatever the fark you want whenever the heck you want to do it.

And remember...serial date latinas in south america.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The digital speedo on my 07 ZX10R would read up to 189mph. It wouldn't read any higher, but the revs would still keep climbing. Tucked in, it wasn't too bad, but if anything or anyone pulled out... pretty safe to say my doner card would have been used. I only did that a few times. But, just passing cars, it was amazing how quickly the speed climbed. I'll get another liter bike again, but would like to get a dirt bike first. I love dune riding and there are some good spots around.

Yeah, They are alot of fun. I bought that cbr to help with my commute and it was just too brutal to keep. My knees and wrists hurt everytime I got done riding it. I had a Crf 450 for racing but I sold it when I got my job, I can't wait to get another dirtbike though. I miss riding

My last bike was also a CRF450R :)

Justin, I think we should date... (did I type that...) ;)

Seriously though, great bike. My next bike will be a CR500R (would love an aluminum frame Service Honda type of conversion)

Iirc the fastest car I rode was a italia458 last summer but overall fastest top speed was 176 in 91mitsubishi 3000gt vr4. The downforce was so much you could start to smell the tires rubbing on the inside of the fenders. So we slowed down pretty quick.

here's a vid of the ferrari.

Ferrari italia458 0-115:

ahhhhh the legendary 458! the new F40 some say.

Fastest ive been is 204 in a Shelby Super Snake (only way we know is because he had a GPS based Police Radar that logged data haha) the road was flying by so fast I felt if i turned my head it may snap my neck LOL!

needless to say that car blew up a few months later racing a Z06 on a 200shot of nitro LMAO!

but damnit the ole VR4's dont get enough respect, everyone hopped ont eh Supra band wagon but those VR4's were just as equivalent if not better..

I have a 92 dodge stealth ES that still sits in the garage. Someday ill get a new engine into it. Had the oil cap break in college unknowingly to me on a road trip and so it's engine is seized now. I love that car, always will.

I have a 92 dodge stealth ES that still sits in the garage. Someday ill get a new engine into it. Had the oil cap break in college unknowingly to me on a road trip and so it's engine is seized now. I love that car, always will.

is that the non-turbo one or turbo?

I passed an old dodge pickup that someone had stencil painted "Shoot guns not dope" on the tailgate. It gave me a good laugh.

The best part is imagine what a truck that says "shoot guns not dope" would look like and I guarantee thats exactly what it looked like...

The fastest car I've driven was a Ferrari F430... wife gave me the green light to rent a nice car for our wedding and when the rental place fell through on an Aston Martin Vantage... they offered the Ferarri as a no additional cost upgrade..:icon_bigg Of course I woulda preferred the Aston Martin as it looks more classy to me for wedding purposes, but I wasn't going go tell the rental guys no on the Ferrari. What really impressed me was how big the windows were for changing lanes and maneuvering through traffic. Usually in the back of your mind you're thinking "hell no could I make that lane change safely", but with this car it seemed anything was possible.

Now the fastest I've driven in a car was my old 1980 Volvo 240. There's a long straight highway near my house that is relatively empty. Took it up to 120mph... that took a few minutes and I didn't even care to find out how many miles it took to get there. But once I got it to that speed it felt like I was driving on a cloud it was smooth:lol: I guess the weight of the car kept it from shaking all to hell.

I've taken my 996TT GIAC tuned K24/20 turbo to 193 mph on a two mile stretch of airport with 95 oct gas (super + racing fuel blend). Its a hell of a ride at that speed. Had to boost-brake in 1-2-3 gear to maintain traction.

I've done 165 mph on street and too scared of random crap shooting out on the road to risk.

I've taken my 996TT GIAC tuned K24/20 turbo to 193 mph

I wonder what sort of lap times I can put down with that :D

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Quick thought:

What did subaru do to the 2015 to gain 5bhp and a claim of 35mpg highway ?

Anyone know ?

Edited , found this claim:

Underneath the all-new sheetmetal resides a unitized structure with a claimed 43-percent increase in torsional rigidity made possible without significant weight gain by the use of high-strength steel. An aluminum hood helps keep weight in check, and Subaru says active grille shutters, a more steeply raked windshield, and the coupelike roofline contribute to a 10-percent improvement in aerodynamic efficiency.

Edited by rxbike

Quick thought:

What did subaru do to the 2015 to gain 5bhp and a claim of 35mpg highway ?

Anyone know ?

Edited , found this claim:

Underneath the all-new sheetmetal resides a unitized structure with a claimed 43-percent increase in torsional rigidity made possible without significant weight gain by the use of high-strength steel. An aluminum hood helps keep weight in check, and Subaru says active grille shutters, a more steeply raked windshield, and the coupelike roofline contribute to a 10-percent improvement in aerodynamic efficiency.

i was about to say the wrx is much more streamline than the older ones