LegacyGT.com

Oil Change Instructions! With Pics!

If anyone needs instructions on how to change their oil, I'm not so certain you should be changing it. At least have someone with you that has the knowledge with you the first time. It's a very straight forward process that you can even google. As far as capacities are concerned, it's all found in your owners manual.

I've change my share of oil, just not on this car. I just like to be armed with more info if it is available.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I can send you what I sent to brother CTATV, but know that I could not, as I said, make the pictures scan through.

LMK.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 1 month later...

Sweet!

How could I have forgotten our good brother scans007's database! :redface:

Thanks, Thurbow ! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...
only place i have been able to find amsoil oil and filters is online at their website. some random mom & pop auto parts store will carry it.

i became a dealer for amsoil a while back, you sign up for a year and get a big discount on stuff. I just bought a bunch of oil at once

• 8 months later...
Wow, that was intense!!! I had read several times that the old oil comes gushing out of there, but I was not ready for that, lol. It overflowed the funnel on my drain pan! Really glad I will have the fumoto valve for next time!

I was expecting the big gusher when I changed my oil, so I spread kitty litter all over the ground before I got started so that I wouldn't make a mess in my driveway. I also took the suggestion from earlier in the thread about removing the oil filler cap before opening the drain plug. This worked like a charm - I didn't spill a drop! :icon_bigg

I just wanted to repeat that little tip in case it helps anyone else

Just get a bunch from the dealer. They're $1 each. The auto part stores don't carry many washers. Whenever I look they never stock them. Exeter Subaru.com sells them too, so you'll get exactly the right size.

Just get a bunch from the dealer. They're $1 each. The auto part stores don't carry many washers. Whenever I look they never stock them. Exeter Subaru.com sells them too, so you'll get exactly the right size.

online was selling it for 4bucks for like 6 or more but i guess ill get my first ones from dealer thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i just went to the dealer and got the smallest filter i have ever seen.

15208AA12A is listed for the 4 cyl 2000 legacy gt i have.

can i use a six cyl filter 15208AA031 instead?

the filter is larger and the rubber seal is the same as the small filter.

even the cashier said that is the smallest oil filter she has ever seen.

Archived