LegacyGT.com

Oil Change Instructions! With Pics!

I'm not so sure of that.

The places that WILL take it free because their required are the Pep-Boys or any place that SELLS oil to you at retail. A local service station doesn't "sell" oil retail, therefore isn't "required" to take it for free.

Any gas station in nys is required to take used oil and dispose of it. :-)

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here in Cleveland advanced take 5qts a day per customer and you are responsible for the container you transported it in. I never worried much cause I used the self help store on base in Jersey to do the changes. I have the valve minus the nipple and its still 99.9% better than factory 2G1C splatter on you and surrounding areas. You also can throttle back if it gets too crazy for you.

Hey guys im doing my oil change tomorrow and was wondering if I should use 10w-30 since I live live in Texas and our average temp during the summer is 90+?

i know this is 3 months late but i found that running 5w40 synthetic in the summer tends to give slightly smoother engine operation and helps to cut down on chatter. i usually run rotella or motul, both have good oil analysis results.

how'd the 10w30 work for you?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I have the fumoto without the nipple, and I did one oil change with it. After opening the stiff valve, the oil poured strait into the pan (none on the underbody panel). Draining the oil is easy now, but the oil filter is still a mess.

What size fumoto valve do I need for a 2011 legacy?

Found it on their website and ordered from amazon.

New question - how is the longevity?

Oh and for the filter I cut up the bottom of a 2 liter tall skinny coke bottle - cut to size with dry filter.

First I loosen the filter then I slide the bottle over it and grip it tight enough to twist it the rest of the way off.

It catches the oil and keeps it from dripping all over my arm and exhaust.

• 3 months later...
Any DIY write ups still? Appears the first post has been edited to show nothing. I'm sure not hard but getting about time to do my first oil change and haven't looked under there yet.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

• 11 months later...

Just a word for those who have not changed the oil yet on a 2009 non-turbo engine:

The Legacy oil drain plug is 20 mm which means that unlike my other cars that had 14 mm drain plugs, you will get a torrent that will easily overflow the common draintainer (a large flat container that fits under the car and collects oil through the side. It has a screw cap for taking the used oil and dumping it into a recycling container.)

Removing the oil filter will cause oil to splash onto the exhaust pipe heat shields. You will get some smoke once the engine is started and an unpleasant smell of frying oil. I don't know if this is considered normal but it certainly does not seem so. It may be wise to clean this off thoroughly before starting the engine.

• 2 years later...
I use Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 and it seems to work well.

What would you guys say is the best full synthetic brand for a N/A? Subaru seems to be very specific when it comes to such things

Definitely Pennzoil Full Synthetic 5W-30 as stated above

Sent from a Real Weird Dude 😉

• 2 years later...

Archived