LegacyGT.com

How to BLACK OUT the headlight

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe or definitely?

Definitely going to reheat it to remove the condensation (may not have to pull it apart though, all depends on how dirty the inside of the plastic front is), probably going to seal the bottom very well. At this point, it's happened in the passengerside one twice now, so I think my driver side one is okay. *crosses fingers*

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
just a little thought, or just me crying. but i have cleared out my 07's. then the driver side fogged up. built up condensation that dripped down the inside of the bulb/housing. So reheated and opened. Seems the reheating cooked on the wwater stains. Now they cant be removed from the inside of the housing. Ok. Thats after I rebaked it twice and opened it twice. needless to say you can only open these things so many times. So after explosive frustration that led to my headlight being destroyed by sledgehammer. I had to purchase aftermarket lights which suck btw. Even bought another stock 07 headlight to try again. actually melted the housing in the oven while baking it the same way I did the others, 4 times. 280 for 5-8 minutes. its never been a problem before, anyway, I am over clearing my headlights. Its just my luck i suppose. I have done other mods. like the HID lights, changing different CAI's, installing perrin BOV, radiator shroud, disabling DRL's, strut top support, ecu reflash, skid plate install. But baking stupid headlights and resealing them seems just to not be my thing. So anyone that wants to do for me I will pay and provide materials lol.....

• 1 month later...
I blacked mine out, it immediately started showing condensation. I opened it up again and a couple tablespoons of water cane out. Sealed them back up and condensation reappeared. I put them in the oven a third time but now only squeezed it together more. No more condesation.

Archived