LegacyGT.com

How to BLACK OUT the headlight

So I decided to do this. But I went one step further and blacked the turn signal reflector as well replacing the stock bulb with a led. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25/51487c6c40527a0d06b6d518ef68a56d.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25/60b958ba081dcb7fe8e01a7b30290b6b.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/25/bf7fa214c601e93e1599ae06bb2b9175.jpg

Now I have no idea what I did but I no longer have amber with headlight or parking lights on. I like the look and the led turn signals are definitely bright enough.

Also 4500k hids for low beams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so can you get pulled over for not having the orange reflector pieces in your headlights? does anyone know exactly what the law is? and has anyone blacked out their headlights then replaced the yellow reflectors back into the headlights?

I almost got rejected for inspection in MA for cleared headlights. I have an orange bulb there though, so wth.

My options are either put the yellow back in, which I don't have so I'd have to find some, or use amber clear vinyl wrap cut into a strip in the side of the headlight. This is what I'm thinking of doing.

Of course I'm going to attempt a more urban inspection station next year where hopefully they respect a little bit of customization. My wife is Puerto Rican, she suggests I go find some Puerto Ricans lol

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

STICKY NOTES are the perfect amount of tackiness to avoid chrome peeling.

Even the blue 3M tape peeled my chrome around the 3 prongs on my 180k housings. Ended up painting the rings, but still needed the turn signal area masked and the sticky notes(I used some noname promotional drug brand notes) worked great.

• 2 months later...

I know this was posted a while ago, but has anyone had any issues with taking apart their headlights and having them fog up or leak after a bit? I'm worried that re-sealing them won't entirely get them properly water-tight sealed and a couple cold days will have them leak...

I live where the weather gets somewhat cold in the winter and it rains a lot (similar to Washington State).

I know this was posted a while ago, but has anyone had any issues with taking apart their headlights and having them fog up or leak after a bit? I'm worried that re-sealing them won't entirely get them properly water-tight sealed and a couple cold days will have them leak...

I live where the weather gets somewhat cold in the winter and it rains a lot (similar to Washington State).

Archived