LegacyGT.com

2016 hopes & wishes but ultimately disappointment thread

SCHM1AN

I'll go out on a limb and say far far far far fewer than 40,000 a year.

I'm curious how the 3.6R is going to be with the HTCVT - I bet it is quite a bit more sprightly than it was with the 5EAT...

Eh?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a new MBA! I just need a job now. SoA, I'll come work for you and help you sell boring appliances so I can afford a new BMW 328i with xDrive! :lol:

I can't wait for you to trade in your Subaru on something else so you can go repeat the same thing for years on end on some other forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you know how many people are waiting for another GT?

From all the numbers bandied about in here, the 5th Gen LGT sold somewhere around 1200 units total in the US in its 3 years of production. I'll agree that those numbers would have increased if the 5EAT was an option back then but it's clear (to me) that SOA is not denying a large pent-up crowd with the lack of a GT on the 6th Gen regardless of tranny.

The enthusiast crowd here needs to learn the hard lesson that we are an infinitesimal part of overall SOA sales and that what we want carries some serious extra factory costs that must be recouped. MT debacle or no, 1200 sales over 3 model years will not induce SOA to GT the 6th Gen. It's pretty clear that SOA has said that if you want a turbo sedan, go buy the new WRX.

Those who would look to a replacement in the VW/Audi stable had best rebalance their investment portfolios to have plenty of ready cash for the inevitable and costly repairs. The pimp site for the 2015 Genesis claims a new AWD system but until someone tests it it's an unknown and it only comes with the 3.8L V6. Other choices are BMW & Benz (who also have the current German quality malaise) and Volvo. Suzuki is pulling out of the US market and Buick is the sound I make with my head in the toilet after too many shots.

A few days ago I derided Subaru as "There is no imagination, no excitement, no vision" when I saw the drawings that came out ahead of Chicago.

After seeing the video of the car, the way it looks with the headlights, etc. I am buying.

The only detail I question is the that shelf on the dashboard.

2016? It's going to take the 2020 redesign to get back on track.

The only detail I question is the that shelf on the dashboard.

It's not a shelf, it's a mantle. It should come with candles and photos of the dog. The dog you can no longer take to the beach because the Legacy isn't a wagon.

Pass on the Regal. Total junk in my experience (suspension components breaking, power seats not working, infotainment thing falling through dash, and engine fire to name a few things). These were 2009s/2010s so maybe they've gotten better. I liked the interior but that's all. And I can't get over the 3700 lbs curb weight for the FWD one. AWD must be heavier yet.

Pass on the Regal. Total junk in my experience (suspension components breaking, power seats not working, infotainment thing falling through dash, and engine fire to name a few things).

Seems like a normal Opel quality to me.

453747.png

With the recent changes in the Regal lineup, you can just get a Turbo (same engine, same power and same AWD as the GS (poor copy of the OPC V6 bi-turbo monster)).

My brother test drove one, and priced it at around 32-34K. A bit underpowered (mainly because of the curb weight to power ratio).

Is Subaru intentionally denying us a large family sedan GT version for a few years, only to release it for the 7th gen? If they give blue balls to so many people, perhaps if they offer a GT version again it'll sell like hotcakes for a generation, and then they go back to boring cars for a few years. Would this be solid marketing strategy or am I just overly optimistic?

It's sad that there are so many of us with 4th gens who really wanted to love the 6th gen (ESPECIALLY after the concept was released)... and have been holding on to our cars waiting to replace it with another awesome Legacy. Now we're talking about holding on for another generation.

Yet Subaru has made it clear they don't care. They want the bigger, beige market. Let them have the Toyota/Honda buyers and move on guys. It's time.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Have you priced a GS AWD? Over $40K. My as well get an Infiniti Q50, Acura TL, Taurus SHO, or BMW 328x

A fully loaded GS AWD taps out around $42K, while a fully kitted Q50 is $47k, same for the Acura. BMW forget it, you'd be at $50k, and the SHO is a Ford. No thanks.

The Regal GS is an awesome value for someone that wants an entry lux sport sedan. And the suspension is adjustable and built for aggressive driving out the box.

Hell, with current incentives, You could walk out with a fully loaded GS under $39k probably. Dump the nanny tech and 20" tires and your at $37-38k. Not bad at all.

And you still get a turbo engine with 259 hp @ 5300 rpm, 295 lb-ft of torque and 21/30 fuel economy. Finding a better sport sedan at that price and as well featured is no easy thing. More importantly, it is an actual, unashamed sport sedan. Brembo up front, able to send 40% power to the rear wheels with the flip of a switch. There is a lot to like here.

And I like the way it looks...

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/2011-buick-regal-gs/2011-buick-regal-gs-16.jpg

http://www.torquenews.com/sites/default/files/image-106/2014-buick-regalgs-031-medium.jpg

I'll take the Taurus SHO over a GS. Just needs a tune and a slight drop. Blows the GS out of the water in stock form and has more gizmos. It's a solid 13 flat @ 106mph car with a $500 tune. Most are in high 12's at the right track.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg324/LivernoisMotorsports/lowslowsho.jpg

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/25831-2013-Ford-Taurus.jpg

These pics just confirm I need to find a low mileage 2013 for under $28K and enjoy for it 3 years until something new comes out. I think I'm getting old... I want massage seats, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel remote start that turns on the heated/cooled seats and steering wheel, and all that tech stuff.

A fully loaded GS AWD taps out around $42K, while a fully kitted Q50 is $47k, same for the Acura. BMW forget it, you'd be at $50k, and the SHO is a Ford. No thanks.

The Regal GS is an awesome value for someone that wants an entry lux sport sedan. And the suspension is adjustable and built for aggressive driving out the box.

Hell, with current incentives, You could walk out with a fully loaded GS under $39k probably. Dump the nanny tech and 20" tires and your at $37-38k. Not bad at all.

And you still get a turbo engine with 259 hp @ 5300 rpm, 295 lb-ft of torque and 21/30 fuel economy. Finding a better sport sedan at that price and as well featured is no easy thing. More importantly, it is an actual, unashamed sport sedan. Brembo up front, able to send 40% power to the rear wheels with the flip of a switch. There is a lot to like here.

And I like the way it looks...

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/2011-buick-regal-gs/2011-buick-regal-gs-16.jpg

http://www.torquenews.com/sites/default/files/image-106/2014-buick-regalgs-031-medium.jpg

Just put an Opel badge on it for an extra 10 hp..lol

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I don't know why you guys would consider the Buick Regal GS and not the Caddy ATS4 2.0t. The ATS is hands down the better car performance wise and they are similarly priced. The ATS sacrifices rear seat room, which is only a problem if you use it as a family car or carry people in the rear a lot.

I'll take the Taurus SHO over a GS. Just needs a tune and a slight drop. Blows the GS out of the water in stock form and has more gizmos. It's a solid 13 flat @ 106mph car with a $500 tune. Most are in high 12's at the right track.

These pics just confirm I need to find a low mileage 2013 for under $28K and enjoy for it 3 years until something new comes out. I think I'm getting old... I want massage seats, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel remote start that turns on the heated/cooled seats and steering wheel, and all that tech stuff.

To each is own. I tend to not be into the blingy behemoths like the SHO and 300. I prefer smaller Euro style mid sizers. And that SUV style fuel consumption would be a no go.

If it makes you happy though, enjoy it trading your Sonata for one. I wouldn't though :)

I don't know why you guys would consider the Buick Regal GS and not the Caddy ATS4 2.0t. The ATS is hands down the better car performance wise and they are similarly priced. The ATS sacrifices rear seat room, which is only a problem if you use it as a family car or carry people in the rear a lot.

There is a pretty big price difference between the two. About five grand to six for all the goodies.

Archived