• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My cable is on it's way from infamous.

Baaaaaaby steps....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

If you're seeing your rom ID, then you've set it up right - those addresses are already being used in logcfg. Check off the parameters you need, basically - there's a good tutorial on how / what to log on the Romraider forum.

Also - make sure you check the can logging patch in Ecuflash, otherwise you won't be able to log CAN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does this look like a good stand alone logcfg file for logging?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00v5v80kurhob59/LogCfg.txt

Does this look like a good stand alone logcfg file for logging?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00v5v80kurhob59/LogCfg.txt

Depends on what you're trying to do ;)

I would read IAM as a p parameter, less bandwidth, and the AF correction and learning as the 2byte or 4byte parameters (more resolution). No need to duplicate the manifold relative sea level parameter - just log the 4byte one. Incidentally, if you are logging fast poll or with the CAN patch, the bandwidth is a lot higher (i.e. you can log more higher resolution parameters).

Depends on what you're trying to do ;)

I would read IAM as a p parameter, less bandwidth, and the AF correction and learning as the 2byte or 4byte parameters (more resolution). No need to duplicate the manifold relative sea level parameter - just log the 4byte one. Incidentally, if you are logging fast poll or with the CAN patch, the bandwidth is a lot higher (i.e. you can log more higher resolution parameters).

Better?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27879197/LogCfg.txt

How do you do fast polling or use the patch when configuring the logcfg file for logging to sd card?

Those should definitely get you going, will give you a good idea of how the car is doing.

The patch is available as a tick box in Ecuflash when you open the rom (right at the bottom) you need to flash the rom to enable it (even you don't change any maps). Fast poll is just a tick box in Romraider logger (which requires a laptop).

Those should definitely get you going, will give you a good idea of how the car is doing.

The patch is available as a tick box in Ecuflash when you open the rom (right at the bottom) you need to flash the rom to enable it (even you don't change any maps). Fast poll is just a tick box in Romraider logger (which requires a laptop).

But I can still log direct to sd card without the patch, right?

Another question; why does it say "Alpha - BRZ" in the ROM Metadata section when I open up my ROM in EcuFlash?

When you are in advanced mode in Ecuflash (which you need to be in to see all the Alpha maps) you will see all the underlying maps in the 32bitbase, whether defined or not for your rom. Trust me, as much as you'd like, there's no direct injection on the legacy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you are in advanced mode in Ecuflash (which you need to be in to see all the Alpha maps) you will see all the underlying maps in the 32bitbase, whether defined or not for your rom. Trust me, as much as you'd like, there's no direct injection on the legacy ;)

Okay. Well, it's not like I'm going to be tuning my own car anyway, I just like to know what all this stuff is.

Going back to the CAN enhanced patch; do I need to flash my ECU with that patch in order to log all the extended parameters when logging direct to sd card?

You can log using k-line if you don't patch, but CAN is much faster (and requires the patch).

Any down side or anything I should be careful about when flashing the stock ROM with the patch to my ECU?

This is strange, i contacted McDowell tuning, zero response, not even hello... Same with ECS... Do they check their e-mails at all? Is there any tuner who is actually tuning 3.6es and ready to take the job? In my wrx time I was working with Eric Minehart, that is absolute pleasure! Unfortunately he is not tuning n/a motors :(

This is strange, i contacted McDowell tuning, zero response, not even hello... Same with ECS... Do they check their e-mails at all? Is there any tuner who is actually tuning 3.6es and ready to take the job? In my wrx time I was working with Eric Minehart, that is absolute pleasure! Unfortunately he is not tuning n/a motors :(

You're kidding right? I'm still waiting for my cables from Delicious/Infamous :lol:

For some reason, any dealing with a tune is taking time WRT 3.6R...even though it rhymes with "racecar"!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Now that McDowell is leaving, who the hell is gonna tune my 3.6 here in SLC?

Well, I finally got my cables. I plan on a custom tune end of April or beginning of May.

I think once Bill has a chance to dial in my car, it should be easy for him to do an e-tune for you.

Interested.

Notice I said, "I am planning...." Bill and I talked about a week and a half ago and said we'd see about end of April. We haven't confirmed yet. Will keep you guys posted.

Cheers!

2013+ OEM 26mm FSB installed today by AZP. Apparently, this is the only FSB upgrade that fits the 3.6, so it should be added as an official mod.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2013-3-6r-front-sway-bar-install-2010-192270.html

Note: Also did this and was able to do it without removing tie rod end. With a lot of wiggling.

And I saw I got added to the build list finally. (Not said in a rude/sarcastic way)

thanks Fredrick!