LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

Shweeeet, thanks! The AB portion are the parts I'd actually like to keep, but it's all welded :/ Sounds like you're both right, and it'll be cheaper/easier just to get a new setup.

Better yet....more money in your pocket might be to sell the existing working unit in tact vs praying to make it work.

In other wards put it for sale ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I logged using EcuTek and sent to William (Delicious Tuning).

This may take a while and I'm not sure if I have provided the correct parameters nor useful logs.

I'll let you know when I know.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Quick feedback on two items before my senses get dull and I can't tell anymore.

1. DBA rotors and Hawk street pads with Goodridge brake lines: I got everything installed except for rear rotors a week ago. Within a few days, I could tell that the fronts had more grip. If I were to put a number on it, I'd say 20 to 30%.

The rear with OEM rotors and Hawk pads were not holding enough. I could feed the weight of the car leaning forward.

A few days ago, the rear DBA rotors were installed. Now, there is a very "slight" brake bias toward the rear compared to OEM. It feels great.

Front and rear brakes feel firmer and hold better with NO noise.

2. Front Kartboy endlinks and whiteline 26mm polyurethane bushings. Initial feel of wheel pushing back against the car on hard corners. Front got firmed up. The bit of slight klunking over bumps at low speeds is almost all gone or non-existent. Not sure which of the two helped, but it's a lot better.

Two issues. 1. Kartboy front endlinks would not mate up with 3.6R bar. I had to use several whiteline endlink spacers, and I needed longer bolts...maybe 3/4" longer. 2. Whiteline no longer makes a 26mm FSB service kit. And, there are none in stock in several places I checked. I took the bushings from a Whiteline LGT 26mm FSB.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Funny. I checked my email today and there was one from raptor asking if I want to order headers for their next build cycle.

I think Italian got the better offer.

Or, he made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Funny. I checked my email today and there was one from raptor asking if I want to order headers for their next build cycle.

Ask then if you could also be one of the test fitters for them and that you know their secrets.. Blackmail should work right?

Ask then if you could also be one of the test fitters for them and that you know their secrets.. Blackmail should work right?

I'll try it with a Chicago accent ;)

Baby steps...I just flashed my ECU with first map from Rob at AMR. I will create a new set of logs and we shall iterate.

It all seemed so hard and complicated at first, but he patiently walked me through it.

I will hopefully have some numbers in a week or two.

Cheers!

Baby steps...I just flashed my ECU with first map from Rob at AMR. I will create a new set of logs and we shall iterate.

It all seemed so hard and complicated at first, but he patiently walked me through it.

I will hopefully have some numbers in a week or two.

Cheers!

So does this mean you can provide step by step instructions for the rest of us 3.6 owners :)

So does this mean you can provide step by step instructions for the rest of us 3.6 owners :)

Sure...piece of cake when you've done it once. Like most things in life. :)

There is a youtube video by some tuner for a Nissan GT-R, but my GUI was a little different than his.

By the way, this is an e-tune. For a lot of us, this may be the way we have to go as EcuTek programmers are not always in our area.

When all is said and done, I'll make a vid and post it with a link on the first page...a few weeks away.

Cheers!

Are you using the Tactrix Openport or something else?

Not sure...it is straight from EcuTek

20140428_121603.thumb.jpg.b3691333ddc9ed5a54b6d0a00af7cf87.jpg

An interesting offer none-the-less. What's their site btw? My Google-fu seems to be weak on this one.

how much was that?

I don't remember off-hand. I bought cable, license and tune together.

You should be able to get specific pricing from a tuner.

So, you did an opensource tune using the ecutek cable?

Not opensource.

I contacted Rob at AMR. He is an EcuTek tuner. Everything is from and related to EcuTek.

Going on dyno tomorrow morning for pull logs, hp/tq gains/losses, and AF numbers (for comparison to ECU).

Cheers!

Edit: Very stoked!

Its likely more of an Ecutek etune using their cable and protune software.

A great option for anyone away from Ecutek master tuners and dyno like Fredrik mentioned above.

For us Rob, since AMR and others are local... Its easier to just stop by. No need for the cable and software in this case.

Not opensource.

I contacted Rob at AMR. He is an EcuTek tuner. Everything is from and related to EcuTek.

Going on dyno tomorrow morning for pull logs, hp/tq gains/losses, and AF numbers (for comparison to ECU).

Cheers!

Edit: Very stoked!

Awesome Fredrik! Can't wait for the results. I'll be next in line for a 3.6R etune after you've blazed the trail. I will have to get off my ass and get the rest of my exhaust sorted out.

Not opensource.

Okay, thnx. I had read this and was a bit confused:

"By the way, this is an e-tune. For a lot of us, this may be the way we have to go as EcuTek programmers are not always in our area."

I get it now tho; it's an emailed Ecutek tune.

For us Rob, since AMR and others are local... Its easier to just stop by. No need for the cable and software in this case.

Yeah, AMR is a whopping 38 minutes drive for me. But since I'm invested in the Tactrix cable and have the opensource def files, I'd still be leaning in that direction if I ever decide to get tuned.