LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

Awesome.

Question, what are the Logger addresses for in the second post?

You'll see there's a link to an Alpha set of logger definition in the post - you can used those to replace the existing Romraider logger.xml so you can log the Ecu using Romraider Logger.

I post the addresses so that they can be incorporated in the formal logger releases - you can also use the addresses for the logcfg.txt if you are using onboard SD card logging on the OP2.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question, the def file for the 2011 has "MT" for transmission type, is that a typo?

Yup, typo - if you download the latest version from Github (see the link in the thread) it is corrected, and has more tables than the first one I posted in 2012.

We'll pull my 2010 image with Rob next weekend too, almost completing our 5th gen 3.6R set. Need a 2014 only yes?

Your ROM wont be valid since it's already been modified by Ecutek, so we'll have to find another 2010. I already have the 2014 ROM, the 2010 is the only missing 3.6R.

Yup, typo - if you download the latest version from Github (see the link in the thread) it is corrected, and has more tables than the first one I posted in 2012.

Can you link me to the new 2011 def, I was unable to find it. Also, do I need to use the 32BITBASE file you updated, or is the one that comes with EcuFlash current?

The xml file is the link from the word Ecuflash in the post (you'll see it's a URL).

Use this 32bitbase: https://raw.github.com/TD-D/SubaruDefs/Alpha/ECUFlash/subaru%20standard/Bases/32BITBASE.xml

There's an online logcfg generator here, uses your Romraider Logger profile to create a logcfg: http://verticaltier.net/configtool/logger.php

My personal preference is this piece of software:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3099895/logcfg.exe

I have a 2011 but am clueless to tuning. What can I do to assist if anything? I have an obdii BT sensor I was planning on using for a HUD via android tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would need a Tactrix Openport 2.0 cable with the EcuFlash software and a laptop to pull the ROM. Shouldn't be needed however since we already have someone with a 2011 and a tune.

None of that worked for me.

Have you set up the Alpha Romraider logger files yet? It won't work without those.

The online generator won't have this Alpha definition, but you could use it to create a logcfg using any other 32bit rom, and then plug in the addresses that I've posted up in the thread. The 'p' parameters will work in any rom.

Edited by Td_d

for romraider, check out the settings.xml file in the C:\Program Files (X86)\RomRaider directory, and just make sure that all your directories (i.e. for the ecu definitions, and for the logger.xml file) are correct. Then logcfg.exe will work.

Have you set up the Alpha Romraider logger files yet? It won't work without those.

The online generator won't have this Alpha definition, but you could use it to create a logcfg using any other 32bit rom, and then plug in the addresses that I've posted up in the thread. The 'p' parameters will work in any rom.

The online generator doesn't allow me to save anything. Your second link to logcfg.exe I get a 404 error.

I already have a logcfg.txt file setup from ecuflash's "subaru can" text file located in OpenEcu/EcuFlash/samples/logging. How do I get your new logger definitions into that? They seem to be two different formats, e.g the logcfg file is set up this way:

paramname = load

paramid = 0x07

scalingrpn = x,0.3921569,*

Your definition: E_Engine_Load_1byteExtExt_E86 FFFF6F9F

Ah, ok - it had not yet synced from Dropbox. Try now.

There are two type of parameters - standard parameters (p numbered - i.e. paramid = 0x07) and extended parameters, which are higher resolution (2byte or 4byte) - i.e. E parameters (E_Engine_Load_1byteExtExt_E86).

Done!

I need to figure out a good way of linking all the romraider stuff.

Does it make sense to put a link for each of the years that were decrypted?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Hello guys, could anyone tell who to e-mail or call for e-tune on 2014 3.6 obx? Definitions are out, my romrider works perfect for logging. So, who could tune me (e-tune, openport)?

I have modded intake, and can log any parameters needed to tune.

Hello guys, could anyone tell who to e-mail or call for e-tune on 2014 3.6 obx? Definitions are out, my romrider works perfect for logging. So, who could tune me (e-tune, openport)?

I have modded intake, and can log any parameters needed to tune.

Our main man McDowell Tuning, for example:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4766358&postcount=410

Ah, ok - it had not yet synced from Dropbox. Try now.

There are two type of parameters - standard parameters (p numbered - i.e. paramid = 0x07) and extended parameters, which are higher resolution (2byte or 4byte) - i.e. E parameters (E_Engine_Load_1byteExtExt_E86).

Okay, so I got the logcfg.exe downloaded and working, I was able to select my ROM in the EcuType drop box, I checked the "Can" check box, I chose "Use Rpm" for logging start stop. Now, do I check off all the check boxes for the "RR ID" or just some of them? And those logger addresses you posted for my ROM on the romraider forum, do I do anything with those?

Okay, so I got the logcfg.exe downloaded and working, I was able to select my ROM in the EcuType drop box, I checked the "Can" check box, I chose "Use Rpm" for logging start stop. Now, do I check off all the check boxes for the "RR ID" or just some of them? And those logger addresses you posted for my ROM on the romraider forum, do I do anything with those?

If you're seeing your rom ID, then you've set it up right - those addresses are already being used in logcfg. Check off the parameters you need, basically - there's a good tutorial on how / what to log on the Romraider forum.

Also - make sure you check the can logging patch in Ecuflash, otherwise you won't be able to log CAN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you're seeing your rom ID, then you've set it up right - those addresses are already being used in logcfg. Check off the parameters you need, basically - there's a good tutorial on how / what to log on the Romraider forum.

Also - make sure you check the can logging patch in Ecuflash, otherwise you won't be able to log CAN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, I'm not actually gonna tune my own vehicle, so I guess I'd leave it up to whomever does it (if I even get a tune) to decide what needs to be logged.

EcuFlash logging patch?